Call for Coders 2017

More than 12 years in software engineering, I've been working for sort of netflix like IP television provider, I created Set-top-box firmware and server side softwares that handles all video transcoding, streaming etc, so If you'll need any help let me know, even if i'll not work for you guys officially )), good luck.

On 5/6/2017 at 2:17 AM, dev0 said:

I had filled out the Google form, but never received an application package or in fact any response at all. Is this expected?

Same... i'm a bit sad... Just watched the WAN  show and now i know the coding challenge end Sunday, i'm so sad :(

6 hours ago, WoofWoofDude said:

Same... i'm a bit sad... Just watched the WAN  show and now i know the coding challenge end Sunday, i'm so sad :(

Same here bud.

I'd just like to know why NodeJS is being used and for what? We just discounted it in favour of Ratpack. Way faster and easier. Lots of better stuff out now.

Also, when the code base is small it's ok, but when it gets large, trying to manage the JS with version, deps etc gets to be a real nightmare. For server side stuff, I'd go with Java, Scala, Kotlin, Groovy.

On 5/12/2017 at 5:47 PM, NikaClark said:

More than 12 years in software engineering, I've been working for sort of netflix like IP television provider, I created Set-top-box firmware and server side softwares that handles all video transcoding, streaming etc, so If you'll need any help let me know, even if i'll not work for you guys officially )), good luck.

If that happens to be the Comcast X1 platform you've been working on, I'd LOVE to have a 1-on-1 discussion about MANY of the UX failures implemented in the UI of the set-top-boxes required for said platform. Shaw Communications recently became the first Canadian ISP to license Comcast's X1 platform (rebranded as BlueSky TV, and previously in their Portal/Gateway systems) and there are a LOT of poorly designed menus and remote buttons that don't work as expected...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

• 1 month later...

Hey LTT team. I'm currently an undergraduate at Harvard studying computer science. I have more familiarity with systems programming in C (operating systems and similar), but I am quite familiar with NodeJS as well. Though I currently have a job commitment this summer and will be attending school in the fall and spring, I would be excited to join this project as a part-time, paid intern.

As others have pointed out, I think it's quite an ambitious project, and you're asking not only for senior software developer skills at a potentially lower salary than is generally given, but also your survey suggests that you'd like whomever you hire to be able to move to the Vancouver area. I think that I can be a useful asset for this project since although I don't have the skills of a senior full stack developer, my credentials at my point in life thus far show some competence and potential I can bring to the team. Additionally, if this works out, I would also be very interested in joining you guys in the Vancouver area next summer and work full time.

I've submitted the survey; if you're interested in chatting please find my Harvard email address in those survey results! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I have studies most of the languages listed but I don't have the experiences to do most of the coding for the apps or the managing of a team so dispersed. That said I would happy debug or code sift to find any logic or grammatical errors 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/21/2017 at 1:31 PM, nicklmg said:

So I would like to use this to share my game dev videos. How to I sign up since the link is down. 

Submit your application: https://goo.gl/forms/7DkgeTvCRxKbTnPM2

We're building something awesome, and you could be a part of it. Let's take over the galaxy together.

Translator here, can work out bilingual translation between (Simplified and Traditional) Chinese and English. Also capable to do basic infosec code auditing and nodejs coding, as well as devops and UI design, hope there's a chance to work out with you guys :D 

• 4 weeks later...

I've sent LMG an email. Does anyone here have any news on this project? I'm a Node.js developer with experience in tcp/udp sockets.

10 minutes ago, Alanay said:

I've sent LMG an email. Does anyone here have any news on this project? I'm a Node.js developer with experience in tcp/udp sockets.

Considering the original link to the google form no longer works I presume this has closed.  Would be good to get confirmation though from @Slick or someone.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 4/21/2017 at 2:31 PM, nicklmg said:

Submit your application: https://goo.gl/forms/7DkgeTvCRxKbTnPM2

We're building something awesome, and you could be a part of it. Let's take over the galaxy together.

I am building a computer virus that will clean out all the bank accounts, the stock market, cripple all the thermal nuclear plants, cause planes/satellite computer naviagation  system to crash land, launch nuclear strikes, and send the entire planet into the Stone Age. 

I will call my creation the ultimate cyber terroism.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

• 7 months later...

Late for one whole year. Damn.
Would really love to start a revolution.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)