Will an AMD APU play BluRay movies?

I'm building a htpc using a BitFenix Prodigy for my mum for Christmas and was just wondering if an apu alone will manage BluRay's. That will be the most tasking thing she'll do I think.

*** CPU - i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz *** MB - Asus Maximus V Gene *** RAM - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1600MHz *** GPU - Asus Direct CUII AMD Radeon HD 7870 *** Case - Corsair Obsidian 350D *** OS SSD120GB OCZ

*** Storage - 500GB WD Black (Gaming Drive), 1TB Seagate Barracuda (Storage) *** PSU - OCZ ZX 1000W *** CPU Cooler - Cooler Master V6 GT *** Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 *** Mouse - Corsair Vengeance K65

*** Headset - ROG Vulcan ANC

Yes, that will be fine

Possibly wait for the new ones

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

ofc ....

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

if a PS4 can, sure why not

Damn why didn't I think of that lol

*** CPU - i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz *** MB - Asus Maximus V Gene *** RAM - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1600MHz *** GPU - Asus Direct CUII AMD Radeon HD 7870 *** Case - Corsair Obsidian 350D *** OS SSD120GB OCZ

*** Storage - 500GB WD Black (Gaming Drive), 1TB Seagate Barracuda (Storage) *** PSU - OCZ ZX 1000W *** CPU Cooler - Cooler Master V6 GT *** Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 *** Mouse - Corsair Vengeance K65

Yes, that will be fine

Possibly wait for the new ones

New ones are in January though right? Bit late for Christmas

ofc ....

What's ofc?

Anyone any suggestions on hardware?

probably means "of course"

Oh ofc it does. Bloody acronyms lol

probably means "of course"

You're missing something in between "of" and "course" just so you know.. :)

You're missing something in between "of" and "course" just so you know.. :)

ohh, how rude hahaha

If a dual core atom can handle it an apu with do just fine 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

If a dual core atom can handle it an apu with do just fine

Was an Atom running the video though?

I'm building a htpc using a BitFenix Prodigy for my mum for Christmas and was just wondering if an apu alone will manage BluRay's. That will be the most tasking thing she'll do I think.

Yes, but you'll have to obtain a copy of PowerDVD as Windows doesn't support it

Compatible with Windows 95

Any Processor in the world+a motherboard with any kind of sata connectivity=blu ray capable. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Yes, but you'll have to obtain a copy of PowerDVD as Windows doesn't support it

Nice one so powerDVD plays bluerays? You know how much it is?

Any Processor in the world+a motherboard with any kind of sata connectivity=blu ray capable.

Yeah I kind of guessed that, I was meaning will the apu cope with the HD and still look good?

Yes you can

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Yeah I kind of guessed that, I was meaning will the apu cope with the HD and still look good

Depends on resolution. 1080p- yes certainly. 2.5K+ Maybe, maybe not. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Depends on resolution. 1080p- yes certainly. 2.5K+ Maybe maybe not.

Oh yeah 1080, she'll be just using it on the tv. I was going to go for the A10-5700?

Oh yeah 1080, she'll be just using it on the tv. I was going to go for the A10-5700?

That will be fine. 

That will be fine.

Thanks