Replace Youtube Comments with Reddit

SpamBrie

not sure this is tech news, but its not a bad idea, give youtubers an alternative, as long as it works correctly for every youtuber that is

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

While I hate the new Shit+ comment system just as much as the next guy, when compared to all the other features on YouTube that appear permanently and fundamentally broken, it really isn't that bad... still total shit though. Getting tired of seeing dicks everywhere.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

nerdcubed opens a thread for every video he uploads. he does not like the "integration"

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Interesting but im not going to use it, mainly because i don't want a Reddit Account.

Why?

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

Interesting but im not going to use it, mainly because i don't want a Reddit Account.

Why?

Yeah, why? You don't need to provide any personal info or email address, and it's an excellent way of tailoring your reddit browsing experience by weeding out/blocking all the sh*t you don't want to see!

dont care for reddit

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

dont care for reddit

You don't need to care for reddit, its just a better comment system. You don't ever have to visit reddit to get the comments.

A minute passes.

well a lot of youtubers like TB are using sub reddits now and completely disabling their comments sections. He made a video about this stating he was sick of all the flagrant abuse and mainly the offensive comments which are harder to stop now. They mayb possibly change it i mean it is google they are open to feedback just hope they listen on this one and instead of pushing google+ onto things like youtube and such they should just improve the service itself and entice us with better functionality than facebook :I

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Yeah, why? You don't need to provide any personal info or email address, and it's an excellent way of tailoring your reddit browsing experience by weeding out/blocking all the sh*t you don't want to see!

what? tailoring my browsing? why should i even bother with reddit? blocking what shit? adds? i don't care about adds.

and no i don't support Google+ nor will i do as they want, ill just ignore the whole damn thing, Simple.

and for those few minutes it takes to setup i can spend it on sleeping instead or making some damn good pie.

and i don't feel like having more plugins or apps.

Don´t get me wrong, i´m not against this thing, its good, but i don't care, its that simple, i got better things to do, like commenting here! or browsing the web. and besides people that comment on YouTube is mostly full of ignorant idiots or trolls. 

You don't need to care for reddit, its just a better comment system. You don't ever have to visit reddit to get the comments.

You must be joking...

As if reddit is a better comment system, just because you can read it without an account.

Its messy, you need addon's & scripts like Reddit enhancement suits and imo it still looks like crap.

A simple "block this user from ALL interaction with your channel,...comments,..video's"

The lot,.....would be nice....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You must be joking...

As if reddit is a better comment system, just because you can read it without an account.

Its messy, you need addon's & scripts like Reddit enhancement suits and imo it still looks like crap.

Erm, no. The upvote system actually works- the actual relevant comments get shown and it actually functions, unlike the new youtube comments..

A minute passes.

what? tailoring my browsing? why should i even bother with reddit? blocking what shit? adds? i don't care about adds.

and no i don't support Google+ nor will i do as they want, ill just ignore the whole damn thing, Simple.

and for those few minutes it takes to setup i can spend it on sleeping instead or making some damn good pie.

and i don't feel like having more plugins or apps.

Don´t get me wrong, i´m not against this thing, its good, but i don't care, its that simple, i got better things to do, like commenting here! or browsing the web. and besides people that comment on YouTube is mostly full of ignorant idiots or trolls. 

Agreed on the no need for reddit as a commenting system/youtube comments being trash generally with or without g+.

I was just saying...if you use reddit then there's no downside to creating an account so you can unsubscribe from from the default forums that appear on the front page (it's not about ads...). If you don't use reddit at all, then yeah it's pointless obviously

why not just link it to 4chan... yeah... it'll feel just like home.   :rolleyes:

My Rigs (past and present)

Oh jesus, I can't even look at Reddit. The UI is atrocious.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I dont really like how reddit works maybe its because ive been of forums for such a long time.

why not just link it to 4chan... yeah... it'll feel just like home.   :rolleyes:

:mellow: