Hold aim or Toggle? (POLL)

leelaa14
Go to solution Solved by vaiwalker,

no scope! i use a tiny sticker or something and place it on my monitor where the scope should be. never worksxD

Hold aim vs Toggle?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering what people prefer to use in fps games. As a previous consoles gamer, I instantly went to hold aim. A lot of games default to toggle though, so I wonder if it is better and worth getting used to.

• Toggle
    • Hold

Hold aim or Toggle for FPS games, which do you prefer?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Depends on what I'm playing. 

For ARMA I tend to prefere toggle. In more twitch oriented games I prefere hold. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Hold for fast paced games, toggle for slow  when I'm lazy

I usually go for hold because I don't want to think about clicking my mouse to zoom in or out when I'm trying to fire. In Arma though I do use toggle because (I didn't even know you could change that) and I don't think Arma is a fast enough game for holding.  I would definitely like to see holding aim in CS:GO but I doubt that will happen.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

i just roll with whatever is defult for the game, im fine with either

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

12 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Wait people use toggle??

Isn't it standard in CS:GO? Like with the AWP.

I don't really prefer one over the other. It really depends on how long I would have to hold the aim. Generally I like hold more in the games I play.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Isn't it standard in CS:GO? Like with the AWP.

I don't really prefer one over the other. It really depends on how long I would have to hold the aim. Generally I like hold more in the games I play.

Well yeah but there's no choice to switch it cause there's a double scope

Depends on what you're playing. What game?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

The only game I've used toggle for ads was Team Fortress 2, and only on the sniper class.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

The types of fps games are battlefield etc. Just got battlegrounds yesterday and the Aim down sight mechanic is to tap one and hold to do a kinda weird crosshair zoom.
Thanks for all the replies though, seems like most prefer hold, obviously depending on the fps game being played, which I didn't really think of.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

i used to prefer aim toggle, but holding to aim works better for tense moments 

no scope! i use a tiny sticker or something and place it on my monitor where the scope should be. never worksxD

1 hour ago, vaiwalker said:

Solved. lmao

Toggle.

I have a intel xeon cpu and a 1070 i hope this makes you salty.

16 hours ago, Aytex said:

Wait people use toggle??

It's superior.

You only have to click and the rest of it you concentrate on aim and recoil control.

I have a intel xeon cpu and a 1070 i hope this makes you salty.

12 hours ago, vaiwalker said:

i have built in corsshairs in my monitor that do the same thing. can be toggled on or off.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I've played BF3 for so long, of course I prefer holding than toggling. When I bought COD, it was really hard to play when I wasn't used to toggling.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz