Multicopter Megathread

LittleCarrot
2 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I've gone through 2 in as many months.. I love the idea of that FC but man been having a nightmare getting it to fly. Hence why I just went with a Naze32. 

Thanks I was actually trying to find a place that stocked the non clones as non of the local NZ stores do. How do you rate those Matek ones ? haven't heard much and can get one locally. 

I think the guy that held the world speed record for a miniquad ran them (Jason Boslough or whatever), seems like a pretty good board over all. Also the DYS F4 is another good option if you want a pdb as well.

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I think the guy that held the world speed record for a miniquad ran them (Jason Boslough or whatever), seems like a pretty good board over all. Also the DYS F4 is another good option if you want a pdb as well.

I really like DYS but hate that I have to get the PDB with it, same issue with the Matek one, with the Diatone its got the motor signal wires on the PDB and a JST connector with the 5v,gnd,1,2,3,4 so makes the builds super clean, would be a mess having the pin out going to the corners of the board. 

Also going to look at getting a smaller Receiver, the iA6C is a little bulky for a 210 build. am however super happy with the VTX03 till I'm a grown up and can buy a TBS. 

Did see there is a V1.1 PDB for my tyrant, cleaned up a lot of stuff, keen to see how it goes. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

22 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Snip. 

You don't have to use the pdb, but it's just one less part. They also make the Matek f4 as just an FC. 

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

You don't have to use the pdb, but it's just one less part. They also make the Matek f4 as just an FC. 

yeah know that, just don't like ether of them for my build, Think I'm ganna stick with the naze for now as I do need a proper camera, not some banggood 700TVL special :P 

so going with the Swift 2 get me some OSD and than can focus on buying new batteries :) thinking 4x 4s's as we do have a charger at the field. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

On 8/7/2017 at 11:12 AM, Hackentosher said:

For the love of god, haven't you learned your lesson about buying banggood cloned flight controllers? Yes I absolutely love OMNIBUS boards, but please get this instead. http://pirofliprc.com/OMNIBUS-F4-PRO-V3-FLIGHT-CONTROLLER-WITH-CURRENT-SENSOR-OSD-AND-SMARTAUDIO_p_3942.html

Or this one. This one looks nice. http://pirofliprc.com/Matek-F405-FC_p_4010.html

It's not a clone.......... 

1 hour ago, Legolessed said:

It's not a clone.......... 

Didn't you buy a lux v2 and an omnibus f4 pro clone?

ASU

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Didn't you buy a lux v2 and an omnibus f4 pro clone?

The lux was a clone but that's not what either of us were talking about. The omnibus f4 that I was talking about wasn't a clone.

Are t2 tornadoes still known to be one of the fastest?

What do you think of Eachine FPV Goggles? 

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

31 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

never heard of Tornadoes ? 

and yeah for the price they really are, if you getting into the hobby pretty much your only option if you not balling. Fatshark at still mostly considered the top but a few of the other companies are releases products on par with them even cheaper. 

What you currently flying or just looking to get into the hobby ? 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

1 hour ago, LittleCarrot said:

The t2s are pretty good, but I've heard they're a lil amp hungry. I would go for the returner v4s instead. 

Haven't seen them. Heard they made a fat-shark style goggle for $150?

ASU

1 hour ago, Not_Sean said:

never heard of Tornadoes ? 

and yeah for the price they really are, if you getting into the hobby pretty much your only option if you not balling. Fatshark at still mostly considered the top but a few of the other companies are releases products on par with them even cheaper. 

What you currently flying or just looking to get into the hobby ? 

My quad runs Brother Hobby T2 Tornadoes 2300Kv with Aikon 30A V2 Escs With Xracer 3.1. My spare quad parts is RS2205 motors I got for free and some no name brand 20a escs. I need a new frame for my T2.

I also killed a Tattu 4s 1700maH. For forgetting my battery buzzer. lol

edit grammar

- Albert Einstein

i took a break for the summer. I fly at my school usally

- Albert Einstein

5 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

i took a break for the summer. I fly at my school usally

yeah i haven't flown much this summer either, on account of it being about 45+C outside in satan's ass crack. 

For a frame, might I suggest an MQC Fusion or a Flynocerous Skoll?

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

yeah i haven't flown much this summer either, on account of it being about 45+C outside in satan's ass crack. 

For a frame, might I suggest an MQC Fusion or a Flynocerous Skoll?

See, I'm pretty broke. With buying the taranis and climbing gear

- Albert Einstein

Just now, LittleCarrot said:

See, I'm pretty broke. With buying the taranis and climbing gear

You get the x9d or the qx7?

Ooh climbing gear, I haven't gone rock climbing in a while, need to dust off my Wild Country harness.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

You get the x9d or the qx7?

Ooh climbing gear, I haven't gone rock climbing in a while, need to dust off my Wild Country harness.

I got my X9D before the qx7 came out. Yea Climbing gear is expensive got some Katana Shoes and Arc Teryx Harness. I am also getting into trad.

- Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

I got my X9D before the qx7 came out. Yea Climbing gear is expensive got some Katana Shoes and Arc Teryx Harness. I am also getting into trad.

ah yeah, the qx7 came out like a month after i bought my taranis. 

I need to get out and climb more. Also haven't bought shoes, but now that I've just about stopped growing, it might be worth it.

ASU

My slope soarer build is almost complete. My first attempt used a single engine, now I have 2. Should be pretty sick but I'm going to need to go to a big open field to fly it. If it flies then I'm going to put on some 600mw fpv gear and.maybe an osd, I just set a timer usually.

4 hours ago, Legolessed said:

My slope soarer build is almost complete. My first attempt used a single engine, now I have 2. Should be pretty sick but I'm going to need to go to a big open field to fly it. If it flies then I'm going to put on some 600mw fpv gear and.maybe an osd, I just set a timer usually.

I'd recommend a 5v unify pro, but those are probably too expensive for your tastes. That being said it's an amazing VTX. You don't have to worry about accidentally powering on without an antenna because it thermal throttles. Radio transmitters burn out if they power on without an antenna because the energy is not transmitted through the antenna so it builds up and can fry the radio. 

For your osd, all you really need is voltage, I would get a camera like  runcam 2 that has a built in osd. 

ASU

7 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

I'd recommend a 5v unify pro, but those are probably too expensive for your tastes. That being said it's an amazing VTX. You don't have to worry about accidentally powering on without an antenna because it thermal throttles. Radio transmitters burn out if they power on without an antenna because the energy is not transmitted through the antenna so it builds up and can fry the radio. 

For your osd, all you really need is voltage, I would get a camera like  runcam 2 that has a built in osd. 

True. I have a camera and vtx that I may use, it's an eachine 600mw vtx and a 600tvl camera with a 120° field of view

On 8/14/2017 at 10:28 PM, Dr. KEK said:

6s?

- Albert Einstein

On 8/14/2017 at 10:28 PM, Dr. KEK said:

snip

6s is awesome, but that doesn't look as fast as other 6s rigs i've seen. What's your setup?

ASU

lol maiden of my plane ended in kind of a disaster. it was flying beautifly until everything just shut off no connection whatsoever when it crashed i found that the physical connecter to my esc had fallen off, thats great xD 

33 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

lol maiden of my plane ended in kind of a disaster. it was flying beautifly until everything just shut off no connection whatsoever when it crashed i found that the physical connecter to my esc had fallen off, thats great xD 

This is why you solder everything and solder it well.

ASU