Multicopter Megathread

LittleCarrot
2 hours ago, Legolessed said:

I'm thinking about getting this Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/132265522866

Yes it's brushed and Everything but those goggles alone may be worth it. Idk. That's why I'm asking. I could also upgrade it like I do.

That thing looks fragile AF.  I just picked up a king kong tiny7 And absolutely love it.  under 100$ (for the advanced kit) with 5 batteries, charger, 3 sets of bodies, and props.  Of course it requires you to have your own radio and goggles.

https://www.banggood.com/KINGKONG-TINY7-75mm-Micro-FPV-Quacopter-With-720-Brushed-Motors-Baced-on-F3-Brush-Flight-Controller-p-1134636.html?rmmds=search

Its also available in a 65mm frame but after watching numerous youtube vids settled on the 75mm.  FLight time is well above any of the other tiny whoop wannabes and even at my ridiculous altitude i have no problems getting 5-5.30 min

1 hour ago, JokerProduction said:

That thing looks fragile AF.  I just picked up a king kong tiny7 And absolutely love it.  under 100$ (for the advanced kit) with 5 batteries, charger, 3 sets of bodies, and props.  Of course it requires you to have your own radio and goggles.

Ya I'm going to transfer the electronics to my frame. Ya but this is the same cost and includes a ton of other stuff. And the tiny 7 is brushed as well

For me I'd love to get a tiny terror but yeah must be brushless, the good part it is it seems every week I delay things get better and cheaper, Just in the short time I've been in the hobby things have already come a long way. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

6 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

For me I'd love to get a tiny terror but yeah must be brushless, the good part it is it seems every week I delay things get better and cheaper, Just in the short time I've been in the hobby things have already come a long way. 

ya. as andy rc said, this year is the year of the brushless micro quads. last year was the year of the brushed micro quads. and the more competition, the cheaper right? also tech is getting cheaper so that too

13 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

ya. as andy rc said, this year is the year of the brushless micro quads. last year was the year of the brushed micro quads. and the more competition, the cheaper right? also tech is getting cheaper so that too

It's not really a year of either of those things. As far as FPV is concerned, right now the hype train is bigger and lighter motors while not giving a fuck about batteries. Since it's possible to go outside without freezing, people are flying their 5" quads. Micros tend to be more popular in the winter when you want to be inside.

ASU

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

It's not really a year of either of those things. As far as FPV is concerned, right now the hype train is bigger and lighter motors while not giving a fuck about batteries. Since it's possible to go outside without freezing, people are flying their 5" quads. Micros tend to be more popular in the winter when you want to be inside.

I just fly whatever I feel like whenever xD I meant in what companies we're making. 

21 minutes ago, lolimpol said:

Hello, here's my question, to jump right in. I want to build a heavy lifting H quadcopter, as cheap as I can (at least under 100 euros). I need to search something for ESC's but my main question is: are these any good? https://hobbyking.com/nl_nl/brushless-motor-d2205-2300kv-cw.html Thanks!

How much weight are you looking to carry? Those motors are for miniquads so unless your not carrying much weight I wouldn't recommend them.

Just now, Legolessed said:

How much weight are you looking to carry? Those motors are for miniquads so unless your not carrying much weight I wouldn't recommend them.

a camera with gimbal probably, I could use my Gopro Hero Session. But it just seems cool that the motors barely have to spin that would be cool. but primarily a camera for looking at stuff for my dad, because he is a contractor and regularly asks me if I can do that.

1 minute ago, lolimpol said:

a camera with gimbal probably, I could use my Gopro Hero Session. But it just seems cool that the motors barely have to spin that would be cool. but primarily a camera for looking at stuff for my dad, because he is a contractor and regularly asks me if I can do that.

those motors may work, it depends on how heavy the gimbal is. thats a similar load to a miniquad, just dont expect to do any acrobatics with the gimbal on. 

those motors may work, it depends on how heavy the gimbal is. thats a similar load to a miniquad, just dont expect to do any acrobatics with the gimbal on. 

what motors would you use? and I'm not planning on building a miniquad, I have one. this is the frame I want to use: 

Just now, lolimpol said:

what motors would you use? and I'm not planning on building a miniquad, I have one. this is the frame I want to use: 

ya those motors will work great on 4s if your using a gopro and a smallish gimbal. im worried im going to say they will work and then realize you want a massive gimbal and be like umm xD sorry

ya those motors will work great on 4s if your using a gopro and a smallish gimbal. im worried im going to say they will work and then realize you want a massive gimbal and be like umm xD sorry

but what cheap motor would you recommend? because that is a pretty big frame right?

39 minutes ago, lolimpol said:

Hello, here's my question, to jump right in. I want to build a heavy lifting H quadcopter, as cheap as I can (at least under 100 euros). I need to search something for ESC's but my main question is: are these any good? https://hobbyking.com/nl_nl/brushless-motor-d2205-2300kv-cw.html Thanks!

Those motors look like a rebrand of the crappy banggood 2205. You might be able to get 1000g of thrust out of them if you're lucky, but I don't think they've ever been thoroughly tested. That being said, there's a guy in my local fpv community that put a gimbal on a miniquad... It's sick. If you want to carry something heavier like a dslr, you'll need a bigger motor and bigger props. I suggest you follow this guide, but maybe with a different frame. 

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Those motors look like a rebrand of the crappy banggood 2205. You might be able to get 1000g of thrust out of them if you're lucky, but I don't think they've ever been thoroughly tested. That being said, there's a guy in my local fpv community that put a gimbal on a miniquad... It's sick. If you want to carry something heavier like a dslr, you'll need a bigger motor and bigger props. I suggest you follow this guide, but maybe with a different frame. 

so these are good?

https://www.banggood.com/4X-Racerstar-2205-BR2205-2300KV-2-4S-Brushless-Motor-2-CW-2-CCW-For-QAV250-ZMR250-260-Multirotor-p-1066837.html?utm_source=Youtube&utm_medium=cussku&utm_campaign=5635792_1066837&utm_content=1081&p=CG24181822629201506N

3 minutes ago, lolimpol said:

I wouldn't say they're good, but they're not half bad for a beginner. They're supposed to be made of cheese grade aluminum and not very powerful. But they're cheap and that's all that matters to some beginners. The problem with FPV is people (myself included) think they can get involved for only a couple hundred dollars, but it's more expensive than that when you inevitably outgrow shitty equipment.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

I wouldn't say they're good, but they're not half bad for a beginner. They're supposed to be made of cheese grade aluminum and not very powerful. But they're cheap and that's all that matters to some beginners. The problem with FPV is people (myself included) think they can get involved for only a couple hundred dollars, but it's more expensive than that when you inevitably outgrow shitty equipment.

ok, but it's not going to be for FPV, more for actually filming things.

(you make nice FPV videos BTW :D)

Just now, lolimpol said:

ok, but it's not going to be for FPV, more for actually filming things.

(you make nice FPV videos BTW :D)

Bro it's so fun!

Awe shucks :)

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Bro it's so fun!

Awe shucks :)

I know, but that will be for later, because I want to actually learn it completely, become a master!

but it does seem very very fun!

45 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Btw, my dad had the great idea to hang a 100W led with battery from the drone! if that works out he says he'll hook upa wire to the battery terminal and just have it floating above a workplace (outside of course) O.o

15 minutes ago, lolimpol said:

Btw, my dad had the great idea to hang a 100W led with battery from the drone! if that works out he says he'll hook upa wire to the battery terminal and just have it floating above a workplace (outside of course) O.o

youll need a gps system on the drone then xD unless someone is going to be manually hovering it for the time its there. also battery life is another consideration.

youll need a gps system on the drone then xD unless someone is going to be manually hovering it for the time its there. also battery life is another consideration.

I was pretty much pitching it as an insane idea :D

31 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

how many amps will my ESC need for them?

I thought 20 but I don't want to burn out the mosfets.

1 minute ago, lolimpol said:

how many amps will my ESC need for them?

I thought 20 but I don't want to burn out the mosfets.

they draw 27 amps with a 5045 prop on 4s so 30 amp at least