Multicopter Megathread

LittleCarrot
2 hours ago, shadowbyte said:

wait no

I meant the risk of getting a shock when soldering the wires

sorry

After you cut the wires, I like to cover them with some tape so they don't short. Just treat them with respect. 

ASU

On 9/9/2017 at 2:32 PM, Legolessed said:

Frames or bnf planes. I've seen some bnf planes for around $30. They are mostly flysky though. Idk what you run.

I run FrSky

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

On 9/8/2017 at 5:05 PM, Not_Sean said:

@Hackentosher I've got 4x the 9 model and 5x the 7 model, they out of UPS's so further testing is needed but they viable to wire up for the charger to charge the packs on the field ? 

On 9/9/2017 at 2:01 AM, Hackentosher said:

What? 

Also I managed to roast an esc :( never really done that before. 

Sorry got these out of a few UPS's, got 3X the 9 and 5x the 7 ones. 

Made said I can prob get 6 packs charged off the 9, so if all three 9's are find than could be a good charge solution. 

IMG_3185.jpg

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Should I get this? I've always been interested in getting a wltoys f949. And right now it's on special for $29. Should I go for it? I want to put my 600 me fpv system on it and see what it does xD

5 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Should I get this? I've always been interested in getting a wltoys f949. And right now it's on special for $29. Should I go for it? I want to put my 600 me fpv system on it and see what it does xD

I like the idea of flying a plane FPV but think thats as far as that will go, 

Could be fun :P 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

16 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I like the idea of flying a plane FPV but think thats as far as that will go, 

Could be fun :P 

Ima do it xD

Just now, Legolessed said:

Ima do it xD

hahaha Guess we founbd our Linus of drones on here. do let me know how it is to fly FPV, can see it been way more relaxing as it can glide somewhat. but yeah stick a nice massive VTX in there. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

12 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

hahaha Guess we founbd our Linus of drones on here. do let me know how it is to fly FPV, can see it been way more relaxing as it can glide somewhat. but yeah stick a nice massive VTX in there. 

Will do :) ended up paying $5 extra to get it here within 7 days xD. 

My 600mw should be plenty

6 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Will do :) ended up paying $5 extra to get it here within 7 days xD. 

My 600mw should be plenty

Dammit now you making me want to order silly things off banggood :P

Redstone:

Obsidian:

9 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Dammit now you making me want to order silly things off banggood :P

xD like what xD

Just now, Legolessed said:

xD like what xD

2 of everything.. I'm actually scared to go to the site, got a few to much monies sitting in the account might just go a bit crazy :P

Redstone:

Obsidian:

Just now, Not_Sean said:

2 of everything.. I'm actually scared to go to the site, got a few to much monies sitting in the account might just go a bit crazy :P

xD this planes worth it. I've been looking at it for a while now. I have spare parts for it in my workshop so I can repair any damage that need be. Also my 1s quad batteries will work with it so I can fly for a long time. It says the flight time is 25 minutes on it's stock battery but I have a hard time believing that.

4 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

xD this planes worth it. I've been looking at it for a while now. I have spare parts for it in my workshop so I can repair any damage that need be. Also my 1s quad batteries will work with it so I can fly for a long time. It says the flight time is 25 minutes on it's stock battery but I have a hard time believing that.

I"m sure it is, but I also need to buy a few 4S, and I don't have any spare parts for much so when it breaks i'm waiting on the slow boat from china for repairs, Na I'll focus on upgrading my current one, and once I'm happy with it I'll buy a second identical one as a backup for racing. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

Just joined the FPV master race! ?

IMAG0199.thumb.jpg.fcade19037bf2eacd7ce2280450d1a5a.jpg

It probably Show's but I'm on a fairly tight budget and also live in the middle of a city so a full 5inch build isn't really on the cards but I do want to build a 110ish brushless when I have a bit more cash in the bank.

Anyway just though I would stop in and introduce myself ?

1 minute ago, Daysy said:

Just joined the FPV master race! ?

It probably Show's but I'm on a fairly tight budget and also live in the middle of a city so a full 5inch build isn't really on the cards but I do want to build a 110ish brushless when I have a bit more cash in the bank.

Anyway just though I would stop in and introduce myself ?

Ayy, a friend of mine has that exact chinywhoop. I remember it being very under powered, but a heap of fun.

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Ayy, a friend of mine has that exact chinywhoop. I remember it being very under powered, but a heap of fun.

Yeah one thing I hadn't considered was that adding fpv cut my flight times down to about 1 minute. But for 1/5 the flight time I have 1000X the fun so I think it balances out

13 hours ago, Daysy said:

Yeah one thing I hadn't considered was that adding fpv cut my flight times down to about 1 minute. But for 1/5 the flight time I have 1000X the fun so I think it balances out

yeah the little guys are tons of fun, I flew one of those tiny whoops, didn't enjoy it the batteries just sagged way to much, BUT I do get where you coming from, yeah a awesome little 100-120 build could be really good fun for you. that area of Quads has seen some huge dev and getting better every day. UAVfutures has been doing lots of these tiny guys lately. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

3 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

yeah the little guys are tons of fun, I flew one of those tiny whoops, didn't enjoy it the batteries just sagged way to much, BUT I do get where you coming from, yeah a awesome little 100-120 build could be really good fun for you. that area of Quads has seen some huge dev and getting better every day. UAVfutures has been doing lots of these tiny guys lately. 

Yeah it's far from perfect but for NZ$50 (about $35 US) and a bit of soldering you can't expect much better, to take the next jump I'm looking at spending easy 4x that on TX and a battery charger before I even buy a quad so at least now I own goggles it separates that cost and I can enjoy them while I save for the next bit of kit

44 minutes ago, Daysy said:

Yeah it's far from perfect but for NZ$50 (about $35 US) and a bit of soldering you can't expect much better, to take the next jump I'm looking at spending easy 4x that on TX and a battery charger before I even buy a quad so at least now I own goggles it separates that cost and I can enjoy them while I save for the next bit of kit

You in NZ ? There is a great FB group guys popping whole setups on there all the time. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

4 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

You in NZ ? There is a great FB group guys popping whole setups on there all the time. 

Yeah, is that the rotorcross one? I have been keeping an eye on that for a little while

15 hours ago, Daysy said:

Yeah, is that the rotorcross one? I have been keeping an eye on that for a little while

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1590392174558523/

You in AKL ?

Redstone:

Obsidian:

13 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

No :( new zealand seems to have a ton of pilots. Or maybe just a lot more occupants than I thought. xD

not you man, talking to @Daysy

hahaha yeah I'm pretty new here but seems like a very solid community, they all have ridiculous beards but yeah I'm in a small town and we even got like 8 pilots. 

Redstone:

Obsidian: