Multicopter Megathread

LittleCarrot

Not a multirotor, but a helicopter yes. Before flybarless systems, that's how it worked. 

ASU

v 2.0

@Hackentosher

(sorry for the poor photo, it's quite dark in my room)

Taking your suggestion, I swapped out my ESC wire for some awg 12, as well as swapping my PDB for a slightly more expensive Matek one with solder pads for a battery, and a ton of other features. Everything works, and I'm stoked to fly tomorrow!

IMG_0075.thumb.JPG.a6d89ca7cdc6c655555edd97cf30573f.JPG

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

8 hours ago, shadowbyte said:

v 2.0

@Hackentosher

(sorry for the poor photo, it's quite dark in my room)

Taking your suggestion, I swapped out my ESC wire for some awg 12, as well as swapping my PDB for a slightly more expensive Matek one with solder pads for a battery, and a ton of other features. Everything works, and I'm stoked to fly tomorrow!

IMG_0075.thumb.JPG.a6d89ca7cdc6c655555edd97cf30573f.JPG

Are you still running a pdb and a 4 in 1 esc? How did you wire power to the esc? 

ASU

7 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Are you still running a pdb and a 4 in 1 esc? How did you wire power to the esc? 

yes

it's direct wired to the battery pads

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Polaroid Spectra System

1 hour ago, shadowbyte said:

yes

it's direct wired to the battery pads

Okay good. The smaller pads for individual ESCs can't quite handle full current. 

ASU

are emax avon props worth it? i am using the 2306 2400kv motors on full kiss and I was wondering are they worth it?  currently using dal indestructible 5" tris

19 minutes ago, joeythebold said:

are emax avon props worth it? i am using the 2306 2400kv motors on full kiss and I was wondering are they worth it?  currently using dal indestructible 5" tris

For props I'd just grab a set of all different ones and try em out. only way to know if they suit your style of flying

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

9 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

For props I'd just grab a set of all different ones and try em out. only way to know if they suit your style of flying

cool thx ill look into it btw has anyone found a way to mount the runcam split on the alien so u dont get standoffs in view?

1 hour ago, joeythebold said:

Some people like them, but you have to buy them in bulk packs. I would stick to cyclone 5046 and Gemfan 5152 on that motor, but that's my preference. 

ASU

RK is the way to go

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

Just bought 10 solar panels, I have a couple projects in mind xD

This should be good.. 

I did this,

and ordered two different lipo bags to also mount in the case. Also replacement F4 omnibus arrive so can yank out the Naze and hey 3rd times the charm :P 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, Not_Sean said:

This should be good.. 

I did this,

and ordered two different lipo bags to also mount in the case. Also replacement F4 omnibus arrive so can yank out the Naze and hey 3rd times the charm :P 

I want to see how your build works out with it xD

I'm going to use 3 of the panels for my laptop I think. That would be fun xD. Idk. I have several projects in mind. 

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

I want to see how your build works out with it xD

I'm going to use 3 of the panels for my laptop I think. That would be fun xD. Idk. I have several projects in mind. 

haha forgot to add the photo.. Doing a everything in one Flight case (Except Charger) 

21322866_10155748425333086_1443238190_n.jpg

Redstone:

Obsidian:

@Hackentosher I've got 4x the 9 model and 5x the 7 model, they out of UPS's so further testing is needed but they viable to wire up for the charger to charge the packs on the field ? 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

8 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

@Hackentosher I've got 4x the 9 model and 5x the 7 model, they out of UPS's so further testing is needed but they viable to wire up for the charger to charge the packs on the field ? 

What? 

Also I managed to roast an esc :( never really done that before. 

ASU

I need to add more expo and fly more. Everyone is getting a lot better than me xD

ASU

Any cheap fixed wings in the price range of the syma x5c

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

Any cheap fixed wings in the price range of the syma x5c

Frames or bnf planes. I've seen some bnf planes for around $30. They are mostly flysky though. Idk what you run.

so this happened yesterday after a botched loop

is it fixable, or should I buy a new lipo?

riplipo.thumb.jpg.679c8b0d6b5cb98695e18ba4163fbf4f.jpg

Polaroid Spectra System

35 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

so this happened yesterday after a botched loop

is it fixable, or should I buy a new lipo?

riplipo.thumb.jpg.679c8b0d6b5cb98695e18ba4163fbf4f.jpg

If the pin is okay, then you can buy a new blank connector. They come in ten packs from banggood. Super useful. Or if the pin is fucked and you don't have a crimping tool, I would buy a premade 4s balance pig tail and solder it in place. DO NOT CUT ALL THE WIRES AT THE SAME TIME. CUT THEM ONE AT A TIME. 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

If the pin is okay, then you can buy a new blank connector. They come in ten packs from banggood. Super useful. Or if the pin is fucked and you don't have a crimping tool, I would buy a premade 4s balance pig tail and solder it in place. DO NOT CUT ALL THE WIRES AT THE SAME TIME. CUT THEM ONE AT A TIME. 

ok

what's the risk of getting a shock, assuming that two pins never touch?

Polaroid Spectra System

17 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

ok

what's the risk of getting a shock, assuming that two pins never touch?

They will short through the wire cutters and blow up the cell. 

ASU

14 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

They will short through the wire cutters and blow up the cell. 

wait no

I meant the risk of getting a shock when soldering the wires

sorry

Polaroid Spectra System

Lol I get the whole get scared of lipos thing but I've shorted lipos out before and nothing's happened. And I've done it a lot. I've cut all the wires at once. Ive done several things that people would think I'm crazy for and yet nothing's happened. Lipos are dangerous but so is your car. And @shadowbyte you don't have to worry about soldering with the lipo. You'd have to really screw up to hurt yourself.