Which area of tech do you expertise the most in?

ManOfDisguise

Networking/Servers

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

DIY's. I am really good at making machines within a given price-point. 

good to know :) although i already just finished the specs for my 1st build yesterday. it should be pretty good performance- price wise but im not the best at it so most of the specs came from LTT members :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I have a Doctorate in Bacon preparation devices.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Graphic Design. I also am good at accepting money.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I know a little about everything, but I guess I know most about video and audio. Stuff like resolutions and bit depths, very nerdy about that.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Troubleshooting, servers, performance increase, hardware, basically a lot of things.

Minecraft.

I know everything.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hardware. I like to try and make my computer as quiet as possible though. That's why I don't OC :P

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

My areas of expertise would be GPUs, CPUs, Overclocking, and Mechanical Keyboards.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Minecraft.

I know everything.

Challenge accepted

I'd like to see @WoodenMarker s answer. :D -> "freaking everything!"

That sneaky guy! He always beats me with system builds :D

Lol. I just specialize mostly with budget builds and value systems. It's what I'm used to--college students with tight budgets. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Main fields:

Audio (DACs, microphones, reference headphones and other hardware designed primarily for recording, monitoring, broadcasting and referencing)

DSLR cameras.

As for computer related enthusiast levels:

Air cooling: 9.7/10

Motherboards: 9.66/10

Storage 9.1/10

GPUs: 9/10

CPUs and memory 9/10

Cases 9/10

Peripherals 8/10

Networking 7/10

Power supplies 7/10

Displays 6/10

Water cooling 3/10

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

For me it would have to be peripherals, to be more accurate gaming mice. I just did a lot of research about em so I know a lot and I know a lot about what makes a mouse good/bad.

What do you expertise the most in?

edit: lets keep this thread going guys! at least we can get to know each other more and we will know who to ask on what based on our problems that we have :)

My expertise is in cameras. Photography has been my hobby for many years. :D (I currently plan on upgrading to a Canon t5i) in 2014. 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

Probably in hardware. But mainly in CPU, Motherboards, power supplies, and Graphics Cards.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I try to be as versatile as possible.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I could probably say cellphones... But id say I have general knowledge in most things instead of all the knowledge of one type of technology.

My expertise/profession is in Cisco networking. I've only been in the industry for a year or so, but I love it and it's extremely gratifying. Only downfall so far is the cost to get Cisco Certs is outrageous. The written tests are affordable, but if you actually want to get the full certification you need to do the lab portion. I ended up doing my CCIE written, but couldn't afford to do the lab portion. $1,500/attempt and that's not including the airfare to fly out to the testing facility. Most places I've worked for so far however were more than comfortable with just the written portion of the exam. It's a great job and good field to be in and would highly recommend it if anyone is interested in networking.

My expertise/profession is in Cisco networking. I've only been in the industry for a year or so, but I love it and it's extremely gratifying. Only downfall so far is the cost to get Cisco Certs is outrageous. The written tests are affordable, but if you actually want to get the full certification you need to do the lab portion. I ended up doing my CCIE written, but couldn't afford to do the lab portion. $1,500/attempt and that's not including the airfare to fly out to the testing facility. Most places I've worked for so far however were more than comfortable with just the written portion of the exam. It's a great job and good field to be in and would highly recommend it if anyone is interested in networking.

Ya its a great job. My dad is a Network Administrator and there is so many jobs for this position its just a great thing to get into as many people are not into the networking field. 

Ya its a great job. My dad is a Network Administrator and there is so many jobs for this position its just a great thing to get into as many people are not into the networking field. 

There is a ridiculous amount of demand for the field too and with numerous paths to take. I personally ended up going more towards to the Cisco Voice Engineering path, specializing in UCCE environments due to a growing demand and lack of overall workforce in that area.

There is a ridiculous amount of demand for the field too and with numerous paths to take. I personally ended up going more towards to the Cisco Voice Engineering path, specializing in UCCE environments due to a growing demand and lack of overall workforce in that area.

My dad does everything Cisco. Cisco telephone systems too. So many things server side. The best thing is almost every college/school and company needs a network admin but there is not many people that go so opens lots of opening for the little people that do! My dad works in a college gets State benefits and has a great job! 

There's a bunch of different things that I am knowledgeable in, and there are many more that I am learning about.

Knowledge (at minum, quite knowledgeable):

• Hardware
  • Software
  • Networking
  • Photography
  • Audio

Learning about:

• Hardware 
  • software
  • programming
  • networking
  • photography
  • Audio

Hmm... Those lists seem very similar....

Probably because I'm always learning :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Expert in "Reset Button" and "Like This" clicking.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.