Alleged new secret PS4 DRM in TOS

_ASSASSIN_

Better question: Who the heck was actually reading the ToS?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Better question: Who the heck was actually reading the ToS?

this kid apparently  

does not concern me

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'm wondering if this is to address illegal copies of games, because Sony essentially authorized the reselling of your game when they announced it at E3 and made that video.

They do this for everything. It's the same deal with current generation games, and it was the same for the generation before that, and it's the same with all other forms of media. It's a formality that's non-enforced (evidenced by the fact that games have previously been and will continue to be sold used) and not news, just people in the XBOX camp, or paranoid people in general, trying to stir shit up or freaking out over nothing after being burned before.

This console war is already full of enough ignorance, don't escalate this nonsense and make it even worse.  :wacko:

Case: Fractal Design Define R3 | MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz | CPU Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: MSI R9 280X @ 1150/1700  | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)

does not concern me

how-fascinating-please-tell-me-more-this

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

They do this for everything. It's the same deal with current generation games, and it was the same for the generation before that, and it's the same with all other forms of media. It's a formality that's non-enforced (evidenced by the fact that games have previously been and will continue to be sold used) and not news, just people in the XBOX camp, or paranoid people in general, trying to stir shit up or freaking out over nothing after being burned before.

In the video the guy said this was not in the terms of service a couple months ago

People worried about Apple turning them into a human centipede.

Thats what I remember from the South Park episode. 

I worry about whoever wrote the script for that episode...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

In the video the guy said this was not in the terms of service a couple months ago

It doesn't matter. What do you think is about to happen? Do you think suddenly a day before release Sony is going to say "lolnousedgames", burn all their bridges with every retailer that deals in used titles instantly, and point at the less than a paragraph in their ToS to tell you why? It will be the end of them in the console space if they pull something like that. The PSN ToS is first and foremost the first line of defense to cover their butts legally, like any other one. Terms like this can be useful for any number of things, like preventing customers from blaming Sony if any of the publishers decide to lock down content that's on the disc, like so many of them do these days, or preventing those publishers from blaming Sony for allowing customers to be sold an incomplete or nonfunctional product. It covers software as well, which is already locked down.

Sony will be sued to hell if they misled the consumer in the way people are assuming they must be, and they'd face governmental charges as well in a lot of places. This whole issue is removed from reality.

Case: Fractal Design Define R3 | MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz | CPU Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: MSI R9 280X @ 1150/1700  | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)

This is why we wait before we buy things!

What I learned about BF4

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

It doesn't matter. What do you think is about to happen? Do you think suddenly a day before release Sony is going to say "lolnousedgames", burn all their bridges with every retailer that deals in used titles instantly, and point at the less than a paragraph in their ToS to tell you why? It will be the end of them in the console space if they pull something like that. The PSN ToS is first and foremost the first line of defense to cover their butts legally, like any other one. Terms like this can be useful for any number of things, like preventing customers from blaming Sony if any of the publishers decide to lock down content that's on the disc, like so many of them do these days, or preventing those publishers from blaming Sony for allowing customers to be sold an incomplete or nonfunctional product. It covers software as well, which is already locked down.

Sony will be sued to hell if they misled the consumer in the way people are assuming they must be, and they'd face governmental charges as well in a lot of places. This whole issue is removed from reality.

I was just stating that you said it has been the same for the last 2 generations but it was just added just before this generation

This is why we wait before we buy things!

This is why we wait for someone else to buy the things Before us ^_^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Reading it, it just looks like them covering their bases for people trying to jailbreak / hack the Console to play pirated content.  Not a massive deal, but people love to create drama on the looming release day

I was just stating that you said it has been the same for the last 2 generations but it was just added just before this generation

It is the same. Do the PSN terms of service only apply to games releases this generation? Unless something has happened recently that I'm unaware of, the Vita and PS3 operate on PSN as well. Are they going to stop taking used games for Sony games tomorrow? Most media is not technically supposed to be resold (hell, most things non-media as well) if you ask the legal team of the companies' responsible for that media lawyers.

Nothing wrong with that. There would be a problem if you couldn't share the game with a friend though. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Remember that funny video at E3 that showed a guy trade a game to another guy? Yeah I didn't see any money change hands either. Doesn't mean it won't happen.. Doesn't mean u can't trade games either... You can carry on as normal. Perhaps stores can no longer sell preowned games.. Perhaps they can.. We shall see.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log