zMeul

source: https://videocardz.com/66846/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-review-leaked

chinese website ChipHell leaked their benchmarks results ahead of time

CPUs:

• AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 3.70GHz
  • Intel Core i7-6900K 3.70GHz
  • Intel Core i7-7700K 4.50GHz

Motherboards:

• [AMD X370] ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (BIOS Ver.0702)
  • [Intel X99] ASUS X99-E-WS-10G (BIOS Ver.0403)
  • [Intel Z270] ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX CODE (BIOS Ver.0701)

RAM

• [Intel] G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8GB x4 @ 2666MHz 16-16-16-36
  • [AMD] Corsair Vengeace LPX 8GB x2 @ 2666MHz 16-16-16-36

1800X single thread performance is, as expected, weak; multithread perf is on par (or better/worse) compared to i7 6900K; the memory / cache latency is abysmal:

Spoiler

10.png

synthetic graphics perf puts it on par with i7 7700K

Spoiler

11-1000x911.png

the benchmarks seems to be done with the previous version of the altered BIOS we're discussing here:

would be interesting to see if others do benches on same platform, with the new BIOS, and how they compare

generally the 1800X is faster than the i7 7700K, but also quite more expensive

Or wait for lower salt alternatives expected to drop in about an hour...

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Huh... Nothing spectacular. Nice in some areas, a bit disappointing in other. Usual.

While you're at it, you might do a Ryzen Review Mega Thread to group them all up. I'd do it but I have an exam in two hours, and I've no idea why I'm writing this instead of studying. Must be the reason why I've been more active the last couple of days.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

If these benchmarks are true, its about what you'd expect from the clock speed and projected IPC.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

While you're at it, you might do a Ryzen Review Mega Thread to group them all up. I'd do it but I have an exam in two hours, and I've no idea why I'm writing this instead of studying. Must be the reason why I'm more active the last couple of days.

neah, I've generally seen what I needed to see

people and AMD overhyped the shit out of Zen - it's good, but it's not earth shattering like they made it look like

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

If these benchmarks are true, its about what you'd expect from the clock speed and projected IPC.

I don't have Haswell numbers, but I suspect Zen will be on par with those - exactly as it was projected many months ago

Hey look, more worthless benchmarks.

What specific time is the NDA supposed to lift again?

That's even more impressive than I thought. The 6900k is 10-15% faster or so, AT TWICE THE PRICE! Price to performance blows Intel out of the water, not even a contest.

I do wonder what the impact of the different RAM setup has: Both Intel systems has 4x8GB vs Ryzen's 2x8GB. Could skew some of the RAM bandwidth intensive tasks.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Scionyde said:

45 mins

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

2 minutes ago, Scionyde said:

There is a countdown timer at Videocardz website.

EDIT: Oops someone beat me to it.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

In before lots and lots of excuses and cherry picking from the red fanboys.

I tried to set my expectations low, but I am fairly disappointed by a lot of those scores. Even some benchmarks which loves cores have really low scores for the Ryzen chip, such as WinRAR and 7zip.

Also, damn that cache and memory latency from SiSandra is brutal.

7700K latency - 21.5ns

1800X latency - 73.3ns

3.4 times as high memory latency at the same frequency and timings...

Edit:

6 minutes ago, Notional said:

That's even more impressive than I thought. The 6900k is 10-15% faster or so, AT TWICE THE PRICE! Price to performance blows Intel out of the water, not even a contest.

Winning over the 6900K at price:performance is like winning the Paralympics. Sure you won, but you're still handicapped.

I haven't done all the math yet, but price:performance doesn't seem that good compared to the 7700K. It will obviously depending on what programs you will run, but it doesn't even seem as clear cut as "i7 for single threaded stuff, Ryzen for multithreaded stuff".

The 7700K is quite significantly cheaper than the 1800X, and it does not seem like the overall performance difference is that big.

6 minutes ago, Notional said:

I do wonder what the impact of the different RAM setup has: Both Intel systems has 4x8GB vs Ryzen's 2x8GB. Could skew some of the RAM bandwidth intensive tasks.

It's not really skewing the results. Ryzen only supports dual channel RAM and the 6900K supports quad channel. Running the Ryzen with 4 sticks wouldn't help it (if rumors are to be believed, might even have caused issues) and running the 6900K with only 2 sticks would have kneecapped it (and nobody who buys X99 should use 2 sticks of RAM).

1 minute ago, raphidy said:

YES, moar numbers that don't really tell a thing. Sorry, all I care gaming performance. Give me game benches.

utter irrelevant

when comparing CPUs , you compare their compute capabilities

9 minutes ago, raphidy said:

Sorry, I don't prime95, cinebench nor un/zip things all day. Synthetic benches means nothing to me.

you are comparing CPUs, not apples and oranges to see who has more Uranium in them

when comparing video cards, there is where games are very relevant 

14 minutes ago, zMeul said:

neah, I've generally seen what I needed to see

people and AMD overhyped the shit out of Zen - it's good, but it's not earth shattering like they made it look like

yea, but at the same time, they are a lot  cheaper than intels 8 and 6 core offerings, and if our like me who needs that many cores, they are good value, maybe not the more powerful than other options, but they offer a similar performance (sure many worse in some cases, but also sometimes better in others) for at maximum half the price as intels 8 core

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

In before lots and lots of excuses and cherry picking from the red fanboys.

I tried to set my expectations low, but I am fairly disappointed by a lot of those scores. Even some benchmarks which loves cores have really low scores for the Ryzen chip, such as WinRAR and 7zip.

Also, damn that cache and memory latency from SiSandra is brutal.

7700K latency - 21.5ns

1800X latency - 73.3ns

3.4 times as high memory latency at the same frequency and timings...

Winning over the 6900K at price:performance is like winning the Paralympics. Sure you won, but you're still handicapped.

I haven't done all the math yet, but price:performance doesn't seem that good compared to the 7700K. It will obviously depending on what programs you will run, but it doesn't even seem as clear cut as "i7 for single threaded stuff, Ryzen for multithreaded stuff".

The 7700K is quite significantly cheaper than the 1800X, and it does not seem like the overall performance difference is that big.

Latency is higher, but so is the bandwidth compared to the 7700k. Still not sure how these things are affected or if BIOS updates can improve upon them.

Handicapped? That's a VERY strong word to use about a CPU that beats the 7700K in multithreaded apps. AMD wins some and loses some, just like Intel, so I hardly see an issue here. The 1800x is ~50% more expensive than the 7700k, but the 1700x is only ~15% more expensive at 100mhz less or so? That's where the price to performance destroys Intel. 

In the end, of course, it depends on your core needs. If you cannot utilize 8 cores, then look out for the Ryzen 5 instead (hopefully it will be clocked higher). Performance is exactly where we knew it to be: IPC around broadwell levels give or take depending on the software tested.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

i do want to see a comparison clock for clock ryzen at 4.5ghz to i7-7700k at 4.5ghz that will eliminate the clock difference and tell you how they actually compare in ipc

Huh... Nothing spectacular. Nice in some areas, a bit disappointing in other. Usual.

Just now, grimreeper132 said:

yea, but at the same time, they are a lot  cheaper than intels 8 and 6 core offerings, and if our like me who needs that many cores, they are good value, maybe not the more powerful than other options, but they offer a similar performance (sure many worse in some cases, but also sometimes better in others) for at maximum half the price as intels 8 core

what?

the 6800K is priced ridiculously and is with a leg in the grave, later this year the new X299 platform will launch and will shit on 1800X from the rooftop (maybe not on price)

the i7 7700K is actually quite significantly cheaper than 1800X (!!)

in compute workloads, the 1800X is not blanket better than 6800K; some results are even worse than 7700K

13 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

6900K with only 2 sticks would have kneecapped it (and nobody who buys X99 should use 2 sticks of RAM).

Hmm, does this apply to the 2011-3 Xeons as well? I have a E5-2695V3 on a SuperMicro C612 based board. If so, I guess I'll have to put more consideration on getting another RAM stick pair for it (I have 16GB x 2 ECC). It's mostly my workstation / rendering server.

3 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Hmm, does this apply to the 2011-3 Xeons as well? I have a E5-2695V3 on a SuperMicro C612 based board. If so, I guess I'll have to put more consideration on getting another RAM stick pair for it (I have 16GB x 2 ECC). It's mostly my workstation / rendering server.

you are gimping that CPU

the 2695v3 has a quad channel memory controller: https://ark.intel.com/products/81057/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2695-v3-35M-Cache-2_30-GHz