Youtube TV is official

Techicolors

Pft haha wtf $35 wouldn't for $3.5 such a joke. 

But oh wait, I don't even own a TV since all non-CRT and digital hit the market, let alone I'd pay that shit.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I already see YT red on it's own as bordering on overpriced (the people that use all the benefits like music, etc. my see it as worth it). Adding $25 more for a some TV channels doesn't make it more appealing. 

Idk. I feel Youtube/Google are starting to overreach to compete and it makes no sense. They want to be some Youtube/Netflix/Amazon/Comcast hybrid but ehh then again they have people getting paid the big bucks to make sure it's profitable.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

5 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

The problem is that isp providers charge more for internet if you dont take their bundled in cable service in the USA. So this wont matter until that changes. 

More like Jack up prices and put caps in place. Thats at least what Comcast has done. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

As someone who uses PS Vue, I highly appreciate this. Now we have 4 major players in the market: PlayStation Vue, Direct TV Now, YouTube TV, and Sling TV.

Also, bandwidth for most people is a non-issue. At least for me it isn't. On Charter (Former TWC) I have 200/20 with no bandwidth cap for $39.99. So a lot of the arguments do not make sense to me, especially since these offerings are substantially cheaper than cable TV or even Satellite. The more providers, the better. We'll be seeing transitions from old Cable TV systems to Video/Audio over IP. Its better anyway.

Some cable companies are experimenting with this already. Some Set top boxes in experimental markets are actually receiving their video feeds over IP rather than Coax. Or just look at Verizon/ Frontier FIOS. Same idea. Fiber to the home and then video, data, and, voice is provided over IP. This will just serve to bring down pricing and make the market competitive again. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

8 hours ago, Technicolors said:

The big question too is if it'll include Google Play Music and Youtube red. 

It doesn't come with Youtube Red, it just allows you to watch the Red shows, so you will still have ads and such on Youtube. To get the full Youtube Red experience, you would need to pay the additional $10/per account, unless they come out with a bundled deal. The TV content will also be ad-supported as well, unfortunately, and it's currently unknown if you will be able to skip those ads using the DVR functionality. Though those ads may just be the usual ~3 minute section of ads on live cable TV that you can skip by fast-forwarding. Also, adblocker can likely be used on desktop, if necessary.

Still, Youtube TV is in its early stages and may change, for better or worse, down the line when it's more widely available.

$35 is high in my eyes for those channels but I am not an American.

I quit watching TV ~4 years and even sold my TV.

8 hours ago, themctipers said:

maybe it wont be a flop if it was released outside of the us (because canadian netflix is shit and you know it)

youtube red

hmm

or we'll just continue to pirate ev- i mean find alternatives

look at the channel lineup, of course it's gonna flop it's missing like 18 or 19 of the top 25 cable networks, NO VIACOM, NO DISCOVERY, NO HISTORY AND A&E NETWORKS, NO SCRIPPS NETWORKS (DIY, HGTV and others), it's got NO CONTENT unless all you care about is sports and locals. As it stands now this is a non-starter, I have used, USTVNow, Sling, Playstation Vue and am currently on DirecTV Now and I wouldn't take this package if they gave it away, (there is literally not one channel outside of maybe the locals that could interest me and even then that would only be if it was free).

29 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

$35 is high in my eyes for those channels but I am not an American.

I quit watching TV ~4 years and even sold my TV.

it is for that limited selection of crappy channels, look at the lineups from Sling, Playstation Vue and DirecTV Now at that pricepoint

2 hours ago, ionbasa said:

As someone who uses PS Vue, I highly appreciate this. Now we have 4 major players in the market: PlayStation Vue, Direct TV Now, YouTube TV, and Sling TV.

Also, bandwidth for most people is a non-issue. At least for me it isn't. On Charter (Former TWC) I have 200/20 with no bandwidth cap for $39.99. So a lot of the arguments do not make sense to me, especially since these offerings are substantially cheaper than cable TV or even Satellite. The more providers, the better. We'll be seeing transitions from old Cable TV systems to Video/Audio over IP. Its better anyway.

Some cable companies are experimenting with this already. Some Set top boxes in experimental markets are actually receiving their video feeds over IP rather than Coax. Or just look at Verizon/ Frontier FIOS. Same idea. Fiber to the home and then video, data, and, voice is provided over IP. This will just serve to bring down pricing and make the market competitive again. 

Yeah, I don't get those people, I was paying a "discounted" combo price of 120 a month for my STANDARD DEFINITION Digital Cable and 30 down 2 up internet, dropping my cable I had the option to drop to 20 down 2 up for 50 a month (or get the same speed at 60 a month, yes my ISP is that pricey, but they are all we have here) tack on the 30 dollar a month base Vue package and (at the time, not now since Viacom was dropped) I had every channel I watched on Cable except for History channel and I gained several other channels (like DIY network, that would have cost an extra 20 bucks or so to get the higher cable package that had it), combine that with the older grandfathered Sling which gave me History and I now had HD and DVR (all which would have significantly raised my cable bill) for 10 bucks less a month at the same internet speed, once I dropped Vue over the Viacom issue I put that money into my internet and went up to the 60 down 6 up plan, then I dropped Sling for DTVNow and for 5 bucks cheaper total I have 100 channels from DTVNow (at better quality then my cable company) and 60 down 6 up, so double the internet and more channel for less then before, if I cut back down to minimum 20 down 2 up then I could save 35 a month over the old cable combo, the only service I've seen come even close is if I switched to the Dish Skinny Bundle with the addon for Velocity then dropped back to crappy 20 down internet, I could cut a couple bucks off what I pay now, but that means dropping to 1/3rd the internet I have now, but would get me a DVR. Vue no longer gives me enough channels to justify staying there.

Wow, cable TV! Revolutionary! What's next? VHS rental?

Everything is groundbreaking as long as the channel is the Internet :P