[UPDATE Price Revealed] LG G6 Announced

randomhkkid

Dead On Arrival

sucks, you were supposed to be the chosen one LG, what am i going to replace my V10 with now?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

So... Does this have any unique feature at all? It seems like it's just a Galaxy S 7 with features missing (but with HDR, which LG will probably screw up because their screens are bad).

If it's not cheap, then I don't see any reason to buy it.

And yes, I get that they are trying to make a "no bullshit" phone and I can respect that. But that makes the phone less appealing if your competitors are also doing the "no bullshit" parts as well or better than you do, plus has "bullshit" that some people might like.

What's up with the region exclusive features? Why not just make every phone as good as you can?

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

Dead On Arrival

sucks, you were supposed to be the chosen one LG, what am i going to replace my V10 with now?

Honestly, V20 seems like a better upgrade than this. At least you're guaranteed to get a Quad DAC. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

11 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Honestly, V20 seems like a better upgrade than this. At least you're guaranteed to get a Quad DAC. 

V20 has the glass camera screen that easily cracks, that's a no go too

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

It's pretty nice. I like the body to screen ratio. Odd about regional features difference. Also too bad they couldn't get a newer SoC but ok.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

23 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

What if i want a Quad-Dac and wireless charging?

Fuck LG, LG G4 was the worst phone i've ever owned. My sister says the same thing about her LG V10

Idk what issues you had with th G4 but honestly switching from my samsung S4 to the G4 it was night and day difference in performance and quality. However it is getting a bit sluggish being out for 2 years now. 

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Needs to be like $499 -$550 at launch otherwise why would i buy this over a flagship that will have better specs in 2 months.  S8 with the SD835 will be probably $750-$800 (Bigger version of it) 

23 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Unless the MSRP is really good, then they don't get a single penny from me and LOVED their G2

http://www.theinvestor.co.kr/view.php?ud=20170227000749

“The phone will hit the Korean market first on March 10. The price starts at 899,800 won (US$796.85)”

22 hours ago, Inkz said:

The G4 was probably my favorite phone until mine boot looped. In general I even like it more than my Nexus 6P.

I've had two G4's boot loop on me. It was annoying but quickly fixed under warranty.

I love my G4, it's been a great phone otherwise. I'll hold judgment on the G6 until I read some actual reviews instead of calling it a failure after reading a single page spec sheet. I'll be shopping the G6, S8 and HTC Ultra this year; we'll see who comes out on top.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

28 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

ha, they can just fuck off with that price. Last-gen hardware and none of the features that started the G series, not even V series features in EU.

If they gave it a MSRP of 450-500$ then okay I would most likely give it a look, but almost 799$ nah m8 that is too much.

I just want a LG G2 or G4 with updated hardware.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

I just want a LG G2 or G4 with updated hardware.

Seems like I'll be going for an S8 or something similar this year. Kind of sad what they've done with G series. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Seems like I'll be going for an S8 or something similar this year. Kind of sad what they've done with G series. 

I was a huge fan of the G series because it was different. The buttons on the back were so nice and I kinda loved what they did with android. I don't want yet another Samsung, iPhone clone.

Guess I have to look towards other companies.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

I was a huge fan of the G series because it was different. The buttons on the back were so nice and I kinda loved what they did with android. I don't want yet another Samsung, iPhone clone.

Guess I have to look towards other companies.

Sadly no other company I can think of has buttons on the back, which were the best part of it. If you do discover one send me the link. :P

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Sadly no other company I can think of has buttons on the back, which were the best part of it. If you do discover one send me the link. :P

I will, but I it seems like Asus also moved away from buttons on the back. So it looks like we have to buy phones with buttons on the side.

21 hours ago, LAwLz said:

So... Does this have any unique feature at all? It seems like it's just a Galaxy S 7 with features missing (but with HDR, which LG will probably screw up because their screens are bad).

If it's not cheap, then I don't see any reason to buy it.

And yes, I get that they are trying to make a "no bullshit" phone and I can respect that. But that makes the phone less appealing if your competitors are also doing the "no bullshit" parts as well or better than you do, plus has "bullshit" that some people might like.

What's up with the region exclusive features? Why not just make every phone as good as you can?

LG has the same problem as HTC. Their phones offer no 'extras' compared to budget flagships like the Oneplus 3T or the Axon 7. It makes it hard to justify the $700 price tag.

Meanwhile Samsung is pushing the industry forward with curved screens, small bezels and fingerprint scanners embedded in the display (if the S8 rumours are true).

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

4 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Needs to be like $499 -$550 at launch otherwise why would i buy this over a flagship that will have better specs in 2 months.  S8 with the SD835 will be probably $750-$800 (Bigger version of it) 

No, it won't be $500 at launch, but it will come pretty close to that in a few months.

The price on LG flagships drops like crazy.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

8 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

Meanwhile Samsung is pushing the industry forward with curved screens, small bezels and fingerprint scanners embedded in the display (if the S8 rumours are true).

I am pretty sure the fingerprint scanner is on the back next to the camera lens from what I have seen from all the rumours and not embedded in the display.

1 minute ago, patrick3027 said:

LG has the same problem as HTC. Their phones offer no 'extras' compared to budget flagships like the Oneplus 3T or the Axon 7. It makes it hard to justify the $700 price tag.

LG G Flex: curved screen.

LG G6 : small bezels

And it seems like everyone is working on embedded fingerprint scanners right now. Yes, even LG.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 hour ago, patrick3027 said:

The thing is the average consumer doesn't care about the chipset specs. Screen, camera and battery life are far more important and LG seems to be aiming for a solid phone that does the basics right. Hopefully the pricing is less than the other flagships as it is missing some of the flair.

n.b. No recent S8 leaks have the fingerprint scanner under the glass, the tech isn't ready yet

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

1 hour ago, Nineshadow said:

No, it won't be $500 at launch, but it will come pretty close to that in a few months.

The price on LG flagships drops like crazy.

Didn't say it would be.  I  said it needs to be.  otherwise it will be ignored untill the few who cared just wait 4 months and get it greatly reduced cost people should not be paying $650+ for this IMO

4 hours ago, randomhkkid said:

The thing is the average consumer doesn't care about the chipset specs. Screen, camera and battery life are far more important and LG seems to be aiming for a solid phone that does the basics right. Hopefully the pricing is less than the other flagships as it is missing some of the flair.

n.b. No recent S8 leaks have the fingerprint scanner under the glass, the tech isn't ready yet

It doesn't look like that's going to be the case:

http://www.gsmarena.com/lgs_g6_will_launch_at_close_to_800_korea_so_much_for_value_proposition-news-23680.php

I held on to a sliver of hope that it would be, but there's nearly no hope at this point.

On 2/26/2017 at 10:05 AM, potoooooooo said:

What if i want a Quad-Dac and wireless charging?

Fuck LG, LG G4 was the worst phone i've ever owned. My sister says the same thing about her LG V10

woah woah there buddy....i love my V10. its my precious!

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

G4 was only bad because of the bootloops, otherwise, one of the best phones of it's generation.  My wife LOVES hers, hasn't had any issues yet *knock on wood* at 18 months with it.  She'll probably get the G6, but the G5 didn't appeal to her in the least.  The V10 was my favorite of all time, even over my precious LG Nexus 5...until it bootlooped.  I got a replacement that random rebooted once after about 2 months and decided F-it, upgraded to the V20.  Yeah, it's faster, and has a couple minor improvements, but I really loved the build and feel of the V10...I miss it.  Once Android 6.1 got to it, the battery issues were gone, the fingerprint scanner was lightning fast, my only complaint over the 14 months I had with it would be the stock messaging app.  Crashes, lag, and ugly colors...but with T-mobile, nothing else worked properly, so I was stuck with it.  It's improved on the V20, but still ugly, still laggy compared to something like Textra.

Personally, I'm excited to get hands on with the G6, and get one in the wife's hands.  I think it will be great.  I will forever disagree with putting buttons on the sides of phones, however.  They get pushed accidentally all the time.