Can PCMasterRace be considered racist?

Go to solution Solved by Spork829,

Lol no. Even if it wasn't a joke and PCMR people refused to be friends with console players or whatever, that makes them childish assholes, not racists. Tell whoever was lecturing you they should learn a little about what they're talking about before they say it.

25 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I know.  While both have their pros and cons, I feel PC gaming is superior... I will try to talk someone into it.  If they don't though, that's fine.  At least you are gaming.

There's plenty to like about both which is what's so nice.  On my PC I can max out settings and make games look extra pretty or enjoy the put in a disc and play convenience of a console.  

In the end so long as you're having fun that's all that matters.  ?

I have tried to get a few friends into PC gaming more.  But tbh it was partly just because I was hoping to scratch my "I want to build a computer itch."  ?

Though also because there's some really cool RPGs I'm sure they'd enjoy that unfortunately are not on consoles...

21 minutes ago, Railgun said:

Time to practice my jedi mind tricks on the weak minded

"you don't want to make a fool out of yourself here"

"you want to go home and rethink your life"

Let's see if it works.

Spoiler

image.png

16 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I have tried to get a few friends into PC gaming more.  But tbh it was partly just because I was hoping to scratch my "I want to build a computer itch."  ?

Though also because there's some really cool RPGs I'm sure they'd enjoy that unfortunately are not on consoles...

Hide contents

image.png

That is essentially me RN tbh with the friends thing, all my friends play on consoles and hate PC and i wanna build them a pc

6 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

That is essentially me RN tbh with the friends thing, all my friends play on consoles and hate PC and i wanna build them a pc

It's really fun to put one together.  ?

I can understand wanting to keep things simple and just choose one or the other but depending on what games they're into and what level of graphical quality and fps they'd want building a PC can be plenty affordable.  

Even better: if they go Itx a PC can be about the same size or not much larger than a home console anyway.

Best you can do is ask, explain the fluffy niceness of PC games they might like, and hope they'll someday give it a try.

Though the focus should always remain on what's fun.  If fun for your friends isn't PC gaming then that's totally ok.

this shit actually makes me want to fucking kill my self

grow the fuck up

PCMR is not fucking racist

just because people voted trump doesnt mean they are racist

just because person X doesnt like person Y who just happens to be black and or gay doesnt make person X racist/homophobic

i do not care if you  like X,Y,Z gender , i will treat as i would treat anyone else

i do not care if you identify as maloe or female , or a fucking attack helicopter i will treat as i would treat anyone else

FUCK OFF TO YOIUR FUCKING SAFE PLACE IF MY OPINION OFFENDS YOU, ITS MY FUCKING OPNION ETC ETC 

MAN THE FUCK UP THE WORLD IS A HARSH PLACE, IT DOES NOT CARE WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE, YOU JUST GOTTA FUCKING SUCK IT UP AND CARRY ON WITH LIFE.

RANT OVER

**EDIT**

I'M stressed the fuck out with a bunch of shit rn, i literally hate the worlds current state

if i offended anyone by what i have written then, my apologies

and have a good day

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

7 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

this shit actually makes me want to fucking kill my self

grow the fuck up

PCMR is not fucking racist

just because people voted trump doesnt mean they are racist

just because person X doesnt like person Y who just happens to be black and or gay doesnt make person X racist/homophobic

i do not care if you  like X,Y,Z gender , i will treat as i would treat anyone else

i do not care if you identify as maloe or female , or a fucking attack helicopter i will treat as i would treat anyone else

FUCK OFF TO YOIUR FUCKING SAFE PLACE IF MY OPINION OFFENDS YOU, ITS MY FUCKING OPNION ETC ETC 

MAN THE FUCK UP THE WORLD IS A HARSH PLACE, IT DOES NOT CARE WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE, YOU JUST GOTTA FUCKING SUCK IT UP AND CARRY ON WITH LIFE.

RANT OVER

IMG_1882.JPG

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

2 minutes ago, matrix07012 said:

-snip-

why do i relate to the last part of that meme so bad :(

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

2 hours ago, Vulrax said:

Theres no correlation between pc and racism

There is however a blatant connection between political correctness and racism.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yes it can be considered racist, if you're a special little SJW snowflake. So many people are easily offended pussies now, jesus fucking christ.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

11 hours ago, Ethan Meskin said:

Can PCMR be considered racist?

racist: No

Elitist: Kinda YES

11 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Everything is racist in 2017. 

been since 2015 #blameSarkezian

11 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

No, it's not racist.  

I feel saying PCMR or Console master race is stupid, as it should just be the Glorious Gaming Race (even though I like to make jokes involving PCMR) but it's not racist.

#GamingMasterRace Vs #GamigOligopalies and #freemium

11 hours ago, KuJoe said:

You can't and it's not your job to. The term 'PC Master Race" is meant to be a joke parodying the Nazi ideology but some people find those jokes to be in bad taste. Basically to some people there's very little difference in the term "PC Master Race" 

Ask @pewdiepiie

11 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

That had nothing to do with AMD or Nvidia. It was two drunk lads that got into a disagreement.

drunk arguments are stupid and violent ...broke a leg once can't even remember the topic(still friends, bought him 6 cans of bud last Friday)

10 hours ago, Railgun said:

Not exactly true. When different humans were exposed to different environments for a long period of time, their genes changed. That's why I said it's gene based

That's Adaption

10 hours ago, Ethan Meskin said:

we should apply it to other things. doomfansmasterrace, amdmasterrace,intelmasterrace, etc

how dare you discredit the #i7masterRace  we spent Rs 70000 ($1000) on a processor that would get its ass handed by a $329 processor (R7 1700 + a pretty good cooler)

Do any of y'all watch Bullet Barry? his stuff on 9/11 was a little questionable but he has some good opinions on this stuff. @Railgun @M.Yurizaki @LoGiCalDrm 

10 hours ago, Railgun said:

I've seen some of his stuff. When it comes to youtubers talking about politics I prefer Chris Ray Gun

i prefer his stuff on console and pc and the like, hes very level headed. chris ray gun is good, but ive been avoiding watching any really political stuff since its so depressing. what about rags

PC Hardware: Paul,Kyle (BitWit),Jayz(2cents),Linus(LolzTips),Gamers Nexus,C4E tech ,Explaining Computers 

Mobile and tech in general : urAvgConsumer , TechAltar , Rags ,Bullet barry 

Politics : Thunderh00t, Chris Ray Gun , Vice(having a view for both sides) , amazing atheist

11 hours ago, Ethan Meskin said:

Me and my other friend who is into PCs were making jokes about PCMR in a lesson, and then we got a lecture about how racist saying it was and how offensive and the like. 1- Can PCMR be considered racist? 2- How to convince someone that it isn't (I think they think we are neo-nazis or something)??

1. No, PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Etc.. are not races, so it's not possible to be racist by arguing for which is better.

2.  Image result for burn them meme

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

10 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It's really fun to put one together.  ?

I can understand wanting to keep things simple and just choose one or the other but depending on what games they're into and what level of graphical quality and fps they'd want building a PC can be plenty affordable.  

Even better: if they go Itx a PC can be about the same size or not much larger than a home console anyway.

Best you can do is ask, explain the fluffy niceness of PC games they might like, and hope they'll someday give it a try.

Though the focus should always remain on what's fun.  If fun for your friends isn't PC gaming then that's totally ok.

To prove PC is better value, I'm making a £100ish PC that can run GTA V at 1080p low or 720p high (no anti aliasing) 30fps

24 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

To prove PC is better value, I'm making a £100ish PC that can run GTA V at 1080p low or 720p high (no anti aliasing) 30fps

How are you managing that?    100 of your money isn't that much is it?

It's a cool idea but if you show it off to console playing friends of yours be nice about it.  ?

20 hours ago, Ethan Meskin said:

Me and my other friend who is into PCs were making jokes about PCMR in a lesson, and then we got a lecture about how racist saying it was and how offensive and the like. 1- Can PCMR be considered racist? 2- How to convince someone that it isn't (I think they think we are neo-nazis or something)??

It's a joke. people these days think everything is racist

11 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

There is however a blatant connection between political correctness and racism.

Damnit, beat me to it.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

7 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

How are you managing that?    100 of your money isn't that much is it?

It's a cool idea but if you show it off to console playing friends of yours be nice about it.  ?

I already did that :P

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

If you have a white build then it's privileged. 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

10 minutes ago, App4that said:

No, Lord Gaben No. We literally have Terry Crews.

hey that's true

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Racist? Obviously not, since it doesn't refer to an actual socially established "race," which is generally defined by country of origin or color of skin. It can be prejudicial to an extent, if people take and and use it seriously in an attempt to claim superiority over others for their choice of gaming device, but even that's a stretch since it's mostly considered a joke, and they aren't actually taking much(if any at all) discriminatory action, like going around to discover whether people play on console or PC, and then, based on that, taking away their rights or beating them to death with a Titan Z. For those who use it seriously and want to have a sense of superiority over console "peasants" are generally special snowflakes who desperately want to be cool and better than others, and it's kind of hilarious. Others just use it as lighthearted banter, though I still prefer to discourage its use because it gives non-gamers(those who don't belong to your "group" tend to generalize members of said group.) a bad name, and it's tiresome to explain to people that it's just a joke and that only idiots take it seriously, and I prefer having people on my side from the get-go, or at least have an easier time of it and not have people just assume I'm a supremacist moron. xD

Oh, and even if it were racist, it wouldn't be a big deal because it's fairly easy to change your race. "Oh, consoles are considered inferior in this day and age? Better go ahead and build a computer and smash my dumb PS4." That would be amusing, I must admit. :P

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

49 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

Racist? Obviously not, since it doesn't refer to an actual socially established "race," which is generally defined by country of origin or color of skin. It can be prejudicial to an extent, if people take and and use it seriously in an attempt to claim superiority over others for their choice of gaming device, but even that's a stretch since it's mostly considered a joke, and they aren't actually taking much(if any at all) discriminatory action, like going around to discover whether people play on console or PC, and then, based on that, taking away their rights or beating them to death with a Titan Z. For those who use it seriously and want to have a sense of superiority over console "peasants" are generally special snowflakes who desperately want to be cool and better than others, and it's kind of hilarious. Others just use it as lighthearted banter, though I still prefer to discourage its use because it gives non-gamers(those who don't belong to your "group" tend to generalize members of said group.) a bad name, and it's tiresome to explain to people that it's just a joke and that only idiots take it seriously, and I prefer having people on my side from the get-go, or at least have an easier time of it and not have people just assume I'm a supremacist moron. xD

Oh, and even if it were racist, it wouldn't be a big deal because it's fairly easy to change your race. "Oh, consoles are considered inferior in this day and age? Better go ahead and build a computer and smash my dumb PS4." That would be amusing, I must admit. :P

Someone send this to Chris Ray gun.. You literally wrote the script for his next video