Can PCMasterRace be considered racist?

Go to solution Solved by Spork829,

Lol no. Even if it wasn't a joke and PCMR people refused to be friends with console players or whatever, that makes them childish assholes, not racists. Tell whoever was lecturing you they should learn a little about what they're talking about before they say it.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

As much as people say "lol this is the internet, grow some balls," any community that thrives on hurling insults at each other is one that I would gladly stay away from.

true, thats why i avoid nvidia/amd or intel/amd arguments

1 minute ago, realSpoderman said:

I found this through a quick Google search, so I guess I'm wrong.  In 1950, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) issued a statement asserting that all humansbelong to the same species and that “race” is not a biological reality but a myth. http://www.newsweek.com/there-no-such-thing-race-283123

that article is complete bs LOL

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Mah bad, but what I said remains, so sadly life is not as pretty as it is in my pony world ;/ you are just staring to learn how the elders and superiors will always treat you bad and unless you want to get fired in your future jobs you gonna need to learn how to be political about it, say ya sorry and avoid it with the teacher, be yourself when you are on free time... not during your duties... sad world we live.

ok. its fun being essentially a minority of one most of the time but having people online know what i mean

2 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

she didnt really look past that tho, even when i explained it

There isn't much to look past. There are 4 words in the term, she looked at the last two. She is correct that it is associated with Nazis and shouldn't be discussed in a school setting, just like any other off color joke. Imagine if the PCMR culture started incorporating the Nazi Salute or goose step "as a joke", you couldn't honestly expect your teachers to be fine with that right?

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, realSpoderman said:

race” is not a biological reality

This is bullshit, since people can be sorted into different categories depending on their physical features. People of the same race have similar physical features.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Ultimately my view is this. I'm a gamer. I'm not a PC gamer or a console gamer or a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer. I'm just a gamer. I partake in video games regardless platform, time, challenge, or otherwise. Most attempts to categorize a type of gamer is just one group who wants an excuse to either belittle another or boost their ego because they can't accept themselves for who they are.

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

There isn't much to look past. There are 4 words in the term, she looked at the last two. She is correct that it is associated with Nazis and shouldn't be discussed in a school setting, just like any other off color joke. Imagine if the PCMR culture started incorporating the Nazi Salute or goose step "as a joke", you couldn't honestly expect your teachers to be fine with that right?

no i guess not. she didnt even see it as a joke tho, she thought it was legit

AQEverystreamlined.jpg

confirmed 

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

Depends  a lot in the country too... here in Brazil half the people dont even know what Nazism is so there isnt association of terms and therefore nobody cares... now get on occidental Europe and bum, people lose their hair over the word race in that context... the culture weights way too much.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Ultimately my view is this. I'm a gamer. I'm not a PC gamer or a console gamer or a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer. I'm just a gamer. I partake in video games regardless platform, time, challenge, or otherwise. Most attempts to categorize a type of gamer is just one group who wants an excuse to either belittle another or boost their ego because they can't accept themselves for who they are.

i know what you mean. if i had all the money i would buy a pc, an xbox and a ps4. that way i could play all the exclusives without emulation and online with my console playing friends

No... It's just a meme

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

17 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Everything is racist in 2017. 

Bunnies aren't racist...  They're just fluffy and adorable.  ?

14 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

No, it's not racist.  

I feel saying PCMR or Console master race is stupid, as it should just be the Glorious Gaming Race (even though I like to make jokes involving PCMR) but it's not racist.

I agree people being a douche about the supposed superiority of either consoles or PC is very stupid.  Both are good for their intended uses but both sides have a tendency to show a disturbing level of intolerance for the other.  As if someone liking something different than you somehow means what you like isn't good too.

11 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Yes, if you're completely aggressive towards console people and don't try to understand their side of the story. There are those people that mindlessly bash on console users and don't try to understand them at all. Those could be racists.

A problem with that PCMR bs is that it seems to encourage some people saying it to be intolerant jerks.  They just harass console users like you mention and give pc users a bad name.  

11 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

Nobody's ethnicity is mentioned or involved when you say "PC Master Race" to anyone. The term "PC Master Race" is just a tongue-in-cheek term, and people who get offended by it for whatever reason need to leave the Internet immediately.

Too many PC users treat PCMR as more of a rallying cry to hate on consoles than simply as a joke.  If it was just a joke things would be much different from reality.  

7 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

You can't and it's not your job to. The term 'PC Master Race" is meant to be a joke parodying the Nazi ideology but some people find those jokes to be in bad taste. Basically to some people there's very little difference in the term "PC Master Race" and a joke about the Holocaust, people can't be forced to like certain humor. All I can say is that if you want to continue using the term, understand it has a negative connotation for some people and the term was designed specifically to mirror the term coined by the Nazis.

Using the term master race is certainly in bad taste not, just because it has nazi ties, but also because this term by its nature causes people to flaunt their presumed superiority in a very obnoxious and offensive manner.

7 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Racism is prejudice over race/skin colour so it literally can not be considered racism make jokes solely about who plays in consoles instead of PC.

Now can this master race be a type of prejudice?, well yes if you get harsh making fun how you got more money and bought Titan XP sli and be that annoying bragging spoiled kid showing off on someone with a xbox, then yeah you are being an asshole.

Now talk to a friend how you love PC hardware is no different than car enthusiastics etc which is completely fine.

Racist or not like you said using the term PCMR in a mean way to attack console users certainly makes someone an asshole.  

Unfortunately too many PCMR people go beyond just using the term as a joke or civil discussions about PC or console hardware.  ?

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Depends  a lot in the country too... here in Brazil half the people dont even know what Nazism is so there isnt association of terms and therefore nobody cares... now get on occidental Europe and bum, people lose their hair over the word race in that context... the culture weights way too much.

you live in brazil? nice

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Bunnies aren't racist...  They're just fluffy and adorable.  ?

I agree people being a douche about the supposed superiority of either consoles or PC is very stupid.  Both are good for their intended uses but both sides have a tendency to show a disturbing level of intolerance for the other.  As if someone liking something different than you somehow means what you like isn't good too.

A problem with that PCMR bs is that it seems to encourage some people saying it to be intolerant jerks.  They just harass console users like you mention and give pc users a bad name.  

Too many PC users treat PCMR as more of a rallying cry to hate on consoles than simply as a joke.  If it was just a joke things would be much different from reality.  

Using the term master race is certainly in bad taste not, just because it has nazi ties, but also because this term by its nature causes people to flaunt their presumed superiority in a very obnoxious and offensive manner.

Racist or not like you said using the term PCMR in a mean way to attack console users certainly makes someone an asshole.  

Unfortunately too many PCMR people go beyond just using the term as a joke or civil discussions about PC or console hardware.  ?

You have no clue what you are talking about.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Whole PCMR is overgrown meme and should just die. Its pointless. I have even started to gringe when someone uses PCMR link shortener/image upload.

31 minutes ago, Railgun said:

complete nonsense. This is why I hate the left so much. No, it's not racist. It's a joke

What being politically left has to do with anything here? Being right doesn't make you racist, being left doesn't make you thin skinned.

10 minutes ago, realSpoderman said:

Well technically the only race is the human race, people only look different because their ancestors had to adapt to different environments and this caused their skin color to change over time.

Well, if you compare humans to other species, lets say dogs, then there are several races of humans too. Though there isn't just one "white" race. There are several of those too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What being politically left has to do with anything here? Being right doesn't make you racist, being left doesn't make you thin skinned.

What he's referring to is sites that are known to be far left (Salon, for example) blaming race (and more specifically white people) on [insert bad action] or trashing only white people when something bad happens.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

sjws want you think the first thing, and trump supporters want you to think the second. pc gamers think theyre both idiots

^^^^ Dan got it

1 minute ago, Ethan Meskin said:

sjws want you think the first thing, and trump supporters want you to think the second. pc gamers think theyre both idiots

That's where you're wrong.

In the end though, why the fuck would someone bring race into gaming?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Racism is discrimination on the basis of race, the type of gaming system you use is not a "race".

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

8 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

you live in brazil? nice

Yeah I am half Brazilian and half German, dual citizenship, grandparents from father and mother side moved to Brazil from Hamburg during the second great war I still got family in Germany but the Brazilian blood in me is stronger and I prefer living in Brazil.

I also lived in the UK for a year when I was 16 but it was too gray and the people too cold for me, I got a depression and moved out as soon as I finished my english/portuguese translating classes.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

well this whole thread has had the life squeezed out of it until it's completely dry. I think it's time to move on...

11 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Whole PCMR is overgrown meme and should just die. Its pointless. I have even started to gringe when someone uses PCMR link shortener/image upload.

we should apply it to other things. doomfansmasterrace, amdmasterrace,intelmasterrace, etc