Do you guys want any kids? If so, how many, and what genders.

UnicornStrength

Title explains most of it. If you also prefer a certain order in genders as I do, make sure to list them. I personally would want a son as my 1st no matter what, I can't imagine my life without my first child being a son. If I do get a boy as my 1st, and another one as my 2nd, then I have to have a daughter as a 3rd. My story gets even more complicated but I wanna hear what you guys have planned.

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Here's how it worked out for me:

• 1 child
  • 1 vasectomy
  • Done. :)

Damn dude, I didn't expect that.

4 minutes ago, UnicornStrength said:

Damn dude, I didn't expect that.

I started doing the math and one kid is about all of the money I was willing to invest so I got a vasectomy the same month my kid was born. xD

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

I started doing the math and one kid is about all of the money I am willing to invest so I got a vasectomy the same month my kid was born. xD

How did your wife feel about it? If you don't mind me asking that is.

1 minute ago, UnicornStrength said:

How did your wife feel about it? If you don't mind me asking that is.

She was fine with it, better me than her.

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

She was fine with it, better me than her.

Nice man, looks like you have your life planned ahead for you.

1 minute ago, it_dont_work said:

After being a school teacher for a while...no.

Haha why not? How old are you?

3 minutes ago, UnicornStrength said:

Haha why not? How old are you?

HaHa, well maybe I'll have kids one day, I just have no real desire to, which isn't really a situation to bring kids into the world to. Not that they wouldn't have a loving home. As to the second question...non of ya business this is the internet and I'm a meat popsicle 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

I think most people will say no, but then they find "the right one", get a nice home with a stable income and think "you know what? This is kind of boring. Let's go for it".

... Then they realize what a mistake it was and that they will never be able to return to those peaceful days they once thought were boring.

god no

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

I'm on mobile so I can't link it right now, but please just imagine the Steve Carrell "NO GOD PLEASE DEAR GOD NO NO" gif here.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

For those of you on the fence about having kids, maybe this will help you:

Ever since I became a father my only goal in life is to be able to take a nap whenever I want to. I told my wife when I retire at 55 the first week I'm just going to randomly take a nap at different times throughout the week. I have no interest in traveling, buying fast cars, going on cruises, or having vacation homes in different states... I just want to be able to think "I want to take a nap" and doze off. :D

-KuJoe

May adopt a kid at some point once I'm stable and have secured a steady paying job after college, and if I feel that's what I should do.

Having a kid of my own is out of the question though... For various personal reasons a relationship with a S/O is just, not something for me.

Kind of ironic how I spent my entire adolescence and most of my young adult life hearing "Oh, you're just going to make the best father!" From almost everyone I knew, and just eventually came to accept it without really thinking. I mean, I'm fantastic with kids and was even a preschool teacher for a spell, love the idea of having kids... But can't have a real relationship with a S/O to have a kid of my own.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Number of kids: all.

genders: 10^Tn+3(n^2n)

Vasectomy: at least 2.

- snip-

6 hours ago, UnicornStrength said:

Title explains most of it. If you also prefer a certain order in genders as I do, make sure to list them. I personally would want a son as my 1st no matter what, I can't imagine my life without my first child being a son. If I do get a boy as my 1st, and another one as my 2nd, then I have to have a daughter as a 3rd. My story gets even more complicated but I wanna hear what you guys have planned.

Never having kids. 

No.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

I'd rather not have any. But it'll depend on how much I love my to-be-wife and how badly she wants children.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

having children, sure but not right(as far as i know having a partner is pretty important in having kids), also i would prefere to adopt.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Two kids and a wife makes the perfect combination imo but it won't matter as long as I'm financially stable. But anything over 5 could get really hectic I think.

8 hours ago, UnicornStrength said:

Why are you so set on having a Son as your first and second? What are you going to do when your first kid is a girl? What are you gonna do when your 2nd kid is a girl? There's more or less a 50/50 chance of either gender, so getting your hopes up about one gender vs the other is absolutely illogical, and I personally don't understand it.

Also there's no such thing as planning on which gender you're having.

I personally am on the fence - meaning: I can go either way. I wouldn't mind kids, but I also wouldn't mind not having them. Which works out well, because my fiancee is firmly under the "no way in hell" category.

6 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I think most people will say no, but then they find "the right one", get a nice home with a stable income and think "you know what? This is kind of boring. Let's go for it".

... Then they realize what a mistake it was and that they will never be able to return to those peaceful days they once thought were boring.

A large group of people, certainly, might be like you describe.

But there are quite a few people who straight up don't want kids. Ever. And that won't change. They won't "grow out of it". They won't "get the urge later in life", etc. These people often get a lot of hassle and/or straight up harassment by other family members, or society in general, because some people just cannot understand that there are people out there who don't ever want kids.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)