One week without computers. How could you cope with it?

Ruostunut kokis

I had an interesting idea in my head, that was to be without my computers (except phone due to phones being a necessity nowadays) for one week to get more socialized in high school. And then I wondered how could you all cope without your computers for one week or longer except for work. This being a tech forum, it could be interesting to see how could you all survive without PCs, as they are part of our lives. I feel it can be hard for me, but how hard would it be for you? Would it be easy, impossible or what? Post your thoughts bellow.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I couldn't.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

School camp went all week and I didn't miss it because I was having too much fun :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I would just sleep a whole lot more.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I've tried six months without computer. I found myself lack of knowledge.

When I'm in greece I only have my PC with me to watch a movie sometimes [no inet in the holiday houses].

And my phone only has WiFi at night in the clubs.

I am a lot more relaxed lawl.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Done it. I went 5 months without my Xbox or laptop.

My friend has gone nearly a year without proper internet.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Well I sometimes just randomly do that when I have nothing to do on the computer

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

its bliss, when i was doing field work for 3 months i worked in an area without a computer or proper electricity.

I found i slept ALOT better and i was happier - hence I'm in the process of getting a job where i will be less in front of a computer

Its all about those volumetric clouds

There is no way of coping... I tried to last 1 hour without a computer or an iPad and I went insane and started eating everything Cause it seemed like there was nothing else to do... in life :o I would probably eat the person blocking my room with all my computers... cannibalism is real people....

i do two things, ride bikes and use computers. If im not doing one thing then i will do the other, really pretty simple for me

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I think for this type of experiment to really work though you have to delete/lock all of the apps on your phone or its cheating. You can keep texting and calling, but other than that it would be a challenge.

Personally I would just sketch out concept ships for games I am in love with (currently star citizen) I am not good at it, but it is relaxing and usually transitions nicely into writing fanfics.

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

I'd ride my bike, eat, go to the gym, and sleep.

EDIT: And, have YouTube withdrawal.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Read Hunger games and harry potter... and lose my job

Character artist in the Games industry.

I go to a camp for 20 days each year in the summer, drinking a lot does make time go faster with no computers, or any other tech or electricity for that matter.

Just 20 drunken days, and i remember very few of them. Hower if your not able to go to morning excersise there is no alcohol for u in the evening so you have to keep it to the normals.

I went on vacation for 2 weeks with my girlfriend, we made a deal to bring no computer.

It turned out ok, we had more sleep and relaxed alot more.

More then 2 weeks i think is impossible :P

with good friends, girls and booze its possible for more than a month, belive me :P

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

jude.jpg

Don't make me do it. Please!

Actually I did this at my Grandparents' houses multiple times and didn't have too much of an issue. Of course I still had my iPad. I also did too much work to really think about my computer much.

I do it all the time when I go camping, no cell phone or computer, just an emergency GPS locator for when SHTF and I need help(never had to use it thankfully) , its relaxing to forget about everything some times. and just be innawoods with my rifle and time.

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful." -  Konstantin Josef Jireček

Well I'm pretty bored lately. No good games to play on PS3 and i already hate consoles anyway. This PC cant even play flash games smoothly. Which leaves me to be super bored and just go on Skype, LTT, YT and the recently discovered KaraokeParty(and i also discovered i suck at singing lol) until December 24th when Im gona mae my 1st build. Gotta say I must be making the biggest upgrade out of anyone on this forum. Going from stuff like Pentium 4 to R9 280x...daaamn i cant wait. Hope I can build it lol

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Dude ive been year without a pc back in 2007 when i was in the army and then half a year in 2009.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Build a custom computer desk. Thats my plan anyway. :D  

BRAIN: intel i5 4670k @ 4.0 ghz stock voltage. GPU: ZOTAC GTX 770*2, both @ 1300mhz core 7900mhz memory. 
CASE: custom painted Fractal Design R4.        SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 pro.    STORAGE: 2TB WD NAS.                 MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE z87x-ud3h
PSU: Corsair 760.    LIGHTS: NZXT hue.          FANS: 4 NZXT rifle bearing.          RAM: 2*4GB patriot black mamba.    CPU COOLER: Noctua NH C12P with NZXT 140mm fan.  

When I went to America for a week I only had my phone. I was bored...so very very bored. Luckily I took my 3DS and had Anime Expo to go to for half of the week...amd there was a TV in the hotel with all the channels....amd I only watched discovery and cartoon network.

Basically I just get bored without technology.