Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire - Now on Steam!

You read it right!

One of the classics is back. STAR WARS™ SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE™ is now on Steam!

It seems to have been released 8th of February 2017. Originally released back in September 17, 1997.

I remember playing this game along with a lot of other Star Wars games when I was a kid. The game is fairly short, and my favorite part was the one with Boba Fett. There was a secret ending to the game I believe.

The funny thing is...

Spoiler

It's not part of the Star Wars Collection Steam Bundle!

Anyway, waiting for the 4th of May would always be a better choice since the game would be on sale and hopefully part of the full Star Wars Collection Bundle.

The only thing I'm waiting for is the Star Wars: Episode I - Racer and Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace then my childhood would be complete :P

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

This asshole's negative review makes me more angry than it probably should. 

I missed this game and loved it on the N64, but these PC controls are ♥♥♥ on Jedi difficulty! I also used a cheat to check out the last level for nostalgia's sake, and immediately died within 5 seconds, and game over'd within 30.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

1 minute ago, christianled59 said:

This asshole's negative review makes me more angry than it probably should. 

Yeah I read that too. So annoying how people would rate a game after spending only less than an hour on it and then gave it a bad rating.

He just skipped to the end and ruined everything. What a review.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

4 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

I missed this game and loved it on the N64, but these PC controls are ♥♥♥ on Jedi difficulty! I also used a cheat to check out the last level for nostalgia's sake, and immediately died within 5 seconds, and game over'd within 30.

2a296ae4c839f910a3de91b9526d8cfecd597506491dc22e4ba5438df584a629_1.jpg

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

1 minute ago, YoloSwag said:

Yeah I read that too. So annoying how people would rate a game after spending only less than an hour on it and then gave it a bad rating.

He just skipped to the end and ruined everything. What a review.

Agreed. Not only that, his review is providing misinformation. I played this port on win95 back in the day, and it still had better controls than the n64 version. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

2 minutes ago, techstorm970 said:

- snip -

The worst part was he actually gave it a bad rating without properly justifying it on his narrative.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

The worst part was he actually gave it a bad rating without properly justifying it on his narrative.

It happens. Whats worse it Valve's moderation team sucks ass too. I have a review on one of my games that someone left because their pc specs didn't meet the minimum. 

2 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

Agreed. Not only that, his review is providing misinformation. I played this port on win95 back in the day, and it still had better controls than the n64 version. 

I remember even getting a proper video card just to play this game because it was very picky the integrated graphics. I remember finishing the game using only the keyboard. 

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

It's been on gog for quite some time now. Also gog has better people leaving reviews so you don't seem to get asshole that barely played a game leaving a horrible review.  

oh crap i remember this game, absolutely loved it when i had it. Sadly i never actually beat it because the bounty hunter level stumped me.

19 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

And how exactly is this tech news?

It's no less news  then Battlefield 1 or Battlefront being in the news... Games are a form of tech.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

It's no less news  then Battlefield 1 or Battlefront being in the news... Games are a form of tech.

True true, but those news usually did not appear in this section or were moved.

2 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

True true, but those news usually did not appear in this section or were moved.

Err... you're wrong. They appear in this section all the time. And are not moved or locked or deleted unless they are duplicates.

Gaming news appears here. That's the way it's always been.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

I actually don't have a huge problem with someone giving a poor review of a game based on poor controls. If they're having a hard time playing the game, naturally they aren't going to stick with it for hours on end. If the controls are bad enough, it could be frankly unpleasant to play.

I have no idea if that's the case with this game, but it's not uncommon for very old games like this to have some serious accessibility hurdles for people trying to play them today. I have my concerns.

Plus… it's just the Steam user reviews. Just be happy it's not someone copy-pasting a dank meme, ASCII art, or a "Shot a guy in the balls LOL, 11/10" type of comment. The fact that they found the controls or level of difficulty unpleasant at least has some critical substance to it, which is more than I can say for the body of Steam reviews.

Awesome, adding to my wishlist when I get home.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

20 hours ago, GSTARR said:

Until I can get Star Wars: Racer Revenge on PC idc

I never had the chance to play it full - just tried it on an arcade a long time ago...

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

I never had the chance to play it full - just tried it on an arcade a long time ago...

I had the chance, and didn't take the time to do all the secrets inside of it.

Shipping sucks