Severe lack of cases/screen protectors for Asus Zenfone 3 Laser?

Just Monika

I've been looking for a decent first smartphone for my father and had my eye on the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser (ZC551KL). As this is going to be his first smartphone and knowing he can be clumsy at times, I knew a protective case and glass screen protector were going to be must-haves.

I've searched Amazon.ca (I'm Canadian) high and low for decent cases and screen protectors, but problems I've encountered:

1. No reputable sellers (no-name sellers from China mostly)
  2. No decently-reviewed products. All glass screen protector products have reviews claiming that they are too small for the Zenfone 3 Laser.
  3. Insanely unreasonable 25-30 day paid shipping times
  4. No reputable brands available. I'm not exactly a phone accessory expert, but I recognize almost none of the brand names available.

Is the Zenfone 3 Laser that unpopular of a product to have no reputable case/screen protectors available for it? It was released on July 2016 according to Google so it's not that old. Maybe it's too new and products haven't been released yet? Somehow I doubt that as I bought the Nexus 5 (2014) and Nexus 6P for myself within weeks after their launch date and I was able to purchase excellent cases/screen protectors for them immediately.

Thanks for reading this. Your guidance is appreciated. :)

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

chinese ones aren't that bad - i use chinese screen protectors for my phone and they work fine - although after you take them off the screen is a bit sticky so you will have to wipe it down a bit

20 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Yes its unpopular, The zenfone line is really meh..

Supply and demand I would say...

also because nexus from google was a name brand people were hyped about it, Zenfone was not..

That is really unfortunate. It looks like I'll have to look at pricier phones in order to be able to get a proper case and screen protector.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

This is really the case with many of the more obscure phones these days. If at least half the world's population hasn't heard about it, get ready for pretty bad case and screen protector support. Case makers usually only target popular devices that they know they can sell phones for, such as iPhones and flagship Samsungs - hence why there's practically infinite case choices for those phones, but pretty much none for your Zenfone 3L or my Lenovo K4.

"Rawr XD"

5 hours ago, Aniallation said:

This is really the case with many of the more obscure phones these days. If at least half the world's population hasn't heard about it, get ready for pretty bad case and screen protector support. Case makers usually only target popular devices that they know they can sell phones for, such as iPhones and flagship Samsungs - hence why there's practically infinite case choices for those phones, but pretty much none for your Zenfone 3L or my Lenovo K4.

Definitely! When I was checking out the Zenfone in-person at a Staples store, the wall of phone cases/protectors were literally (and I mean actually literally) only for iPhones and Samsung Galaxys. I am truly amazed how large the market is for these $800+ phones, I thought I was overspending a bit by buying a Nexus 6P straight from the Google Store. It's unfortunate there are no good phone accessories for cheap average phones.