Silk Road Resurrected, Skyrockets Bitcoin To All-Time High

SethAFitzgerald

The value of Bitcoin took a hit after the largest online drug marketplace in the world, Silk Road, was shutdown. Now, the site is back up and running despite its founder being behind bars.

As a result of Silk Road's new and improved interface (likely more secure than before), the value of Bitcoin reached an all time high of $308. (Mind you, Bitcoin was less than $150 only a few weeks ago.)

Here are some detailed articles on it:

http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/06/technology/new-silk-road/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/11/06/silk-road-2-0-launches-promising-a-resurrected-black-market-for-the-dark-web/

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/silk-road-2-0-rises-ashes-improvements-8C11545412

Follow me on Twitter!

Technology Journalist at TechnologyTell, NextPowerUp, and others. 

But... I don't mine bitcoins..... ):

Neither do I, I had tried but without an army of computers (or a really powerful one) it is pointless.

Although, I had purchased bitcoins a while ago but already sold them, wish I had held on for this price increase.

Follow me on Twitter!

Oh boy... A fee of my buddies are going to be celebrating...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Well if they dont host the site in the states they should be ok this time around. Also if they dont try and kill anyone that would be nice also lol

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Your drug addict friends?

but I'd say that's a massive increase in value

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Bitcoins were only like <$100 earlier in the year right? Damn... Wish I bought some :(

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Your drug addict friends?

but I'd say that's a massive increase in value

Yes... them... 

What do you expect? I'm in high school and they got to get them somehow! Personally, I don't do it.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I need to start mining lol, thats insane

The current Bitcoin difficulty is insanely high as well, so unless you had a 30+ GHash/s miner, it would likely be a waste of time. Unless you already had the mining equipment, and I doubt GPU based Bitcoin mining even breaks even anymore due to electricity costs and the extremely high difficulty rate. All the ASIC's are driving up the difficulty very fast as they slowly start to flood the market.

I'm sticking to Litecoin mining. It's not as profitable as it once was, but hopefully it gets a value boost by side-effect from the current Bitcoin trend.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Yes... them... 

What do you expect? I'm in high school and they got to get them somehow! Personally, I don't do it.

I'm in high school and I dont have any of drug addict friends...

Then again I don't have friends so I wouldn't know.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I think there are thousands of people celebrating rght now.

Follow me on Twitter!

I think there are thousands of people celebrating rght now.

Unfortunately...

Unfortunately...

I know, it's obviously not good. The only "good" side of sites like this is the fact that it definitely eliminates a lot of "bad quality" stuff in the sense that there are ratings for the buyers.

So, people normally know what they are getting. It's basically the biggest "F U" to the DEA though.

Follow me on Twitter!

I know, it's obviously not good. The only "good" side of sites like this is the fact that it definitely eliminates a lot of "bad quality" stuff in the sense that there are ratings for the buyers.

So, people normally know what they are getting. It's basically the biggest "F U" to the DEA though.

I've always wondered who it is so damn hard to shut down these sites. Demonoid and those torrent sites are shut down all the time and that is technically not illegal, running torrent sites I mean (even though it kind of should be). But there are entire agencies dedicated to stopping drug sales and trafficking and they can't keep it down.

I've always wondered who it is so damn hard to shut down these sites. Demonoid and those torrent sites are shut down all the time and that is technically not illegal, running torrent sites I mean (even though it kind of should be). But there are entire agencies dedicated to stopping drug sales and trafficking and they can't keep it down.

Because they are using a relatively anonymous payment system, Bitcoin.

So, as long as things stay anonymous and servers are outside of the US, it's hard to really shut them down. Plus, the buyers and sellers are realy hard to stop.

Follow me on Twitter!

News Flash: Not every Internet transaction happens within the USA. (Shocker, I know)

Bitcoins were only like <$100 earlier in the year right? Damn... Wish I bought some :(

I think I seen them crash to like 60 at one point really kicking myself for not buying some

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I think I seen them crash to like 60 at one point really kicking myself for not buying some

At the same time, you have to really be on top of the market since the value of bitcoins drastically falls and jumps a lot (as we saw today.)

Follow me on Twitter!

If only I could go back in time and buy a thousand coins......

Man....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

my cousin bought like 10 bitcoins when it crashed at 60$

and sold it a while ago when it got around 160$

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i swear all this bitcoin news is making me want to mine them. i want dat sweet moooonay

You would be better off buying some when the price drops, mining is no longer worth it.

Follow me on Twitter!