Resident Evil 7 Cracked by CPY

DemonicHeart
It’s bad news for upcoming games using Denuvo DRM.

resident_evil_7_screenshot02-1152x648.jp

Resident Evil 7 has been out for almost a week and the title uses the latest version of Denuvo which is notoriously hard to crack.

The last time we heard about a game with Denuvo DRM being cracked was Rise of the Tomb Raider last year, and at the time, Thomas Goebl, director of sales at Denuvo, said, “The general positioning of our product is ‘hard to crack’ and not ‘uncrackable’. For us it is important to secure the initial sales window of games, which worked out well on all the recent titles.”

He makes a good point. If you can prevent piracy in the launch window when sales are likely to be highest, you’ve warded off a potential threat to profit.

But things aren’t looking so rosy anymore.

According to dsogaming, Resident Evil 7 has been cracked on PC in less than 5 days.

This doesn’t bode well for upcoming titles that will also be using the latest version of Denuvo.

The antitamper DRM hs caught some flack from the PC community for features like its five device per-day limitation and reports of SSD degradation and other performance problems.

Other Denuvo Games Cracked by CONSPIR4CY (CPY) after Rise of the Tomb Raider: [Their first Denuvo crack]

1      INSIDE = CRACKED BY CPY
2    DOOM = CRACKED BY CPY
3    MIRROR'S EDGE: CATALYST = CRACKED BY CPY
4    GOD EATER RESURRECTION = CRACKED BY CPY
5    YESTERDAY ORIGINS NEWER VERSION = CRACKED BY CPY
6    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided = CRACKED BY CPY
7    Champions of Anteria = Cracked by CPY
8    Far Cry: Primal = Cracked by CPY
9    Watch Dogs 2 = Cracked by CPY + CODEX
10    God Eater 2: Rage Burst = Cracked by CPY
11    Resident Evil 7: biohazard =Cracked by CPY

12    Battlefield 1 = Cracked by CPY

13    Tales of Berseria = Cracked by CPY

14    Mad Max = Cracked by CPY

15    Sherlock.Holmes.The.Devils.Daughter = Cracked by CPY

16    Just.Cause.3 = Cracked by CPY

17    Hitman = Cracked by CPY 

18    Mass Effect Andromeda = Cracked by CPY + CODEX

19    Prey = Cracked by CPY (with all dlc's)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Denuvo Games Cracked

Nier Automata = Cracked by Baldman

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 = Cracked by Baldman

Prey = Cracked by Baldman (in 9 days!)

This is just news.. im not promoting any torrenting and i will not post any links to the torrent so dont ask.. 

and mods please dont assassinate my thread... all the big sites are posting this news

3 minutes ago, DemonicHeart said:

This is just news.. im not promoting any torrenting and i will not post any links to the torrent so dont ask.. 

and mods please dont assassinate my thread... all the big sites are posting this news

REPO.....

oh wait.

oh.. nvm ..

**back to nothing**

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

2 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

REPO.....

oh wait.

oh.. nvm ..

**back to nothing**

thats not a torrent site or a link to the game. thats the source of the news..  vg247 is not a torrent site.."READ BEFORE YOU REPLY"

All hail CPY. Christ, that was fast.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

It's kind of scary they did it so fast. Scary in the sense that it's going to push devs to start making their games online only like Ubisoft did with The Division and is getting ready to with For Honor. I hate always online but I can hardly blame developers for going with it if their game is going to be cracked in the first week.

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

It's kind of scary they did it so fast. Scary in the sense that it's going to push devs to start making their games online only like Ubisoft did with The Division and is getting ready to with For Honor. I hate always online but I can hardly blame developers for going with it if their game is going to be cracked in the first week.

You're right.. but hey. online games are awesome lol and i almost got hooked on for honor.. surprisingly.. but i hope they don't stop the offline games tho... for example games like dark, souls, far cry etc.

to be honest.. i dont mind buying games but sometimes you buy a game and its bad.. like very bad... like no man sky bad lol..we shouldnt have to pay to get ripped off....also not everyone is fortunate to buy every single game they will like but games im in love with i will buy for sure.. and i have

After just five days on the market, the Denuvo-protected PC version of Resident Evil 7: Biohazard has already appeared on pirate sites. Denuvo usually offers months of protection, so this is not only a record defeat but a landmark moment for the world's most famous anti-piracy technology.

for those that dont know denuvo is the anti tamper software that has been causing a fuss amongst pirates. (thats the video type not the

tenor.gif

type) it took the cracking group CPY 5 months to crack rise of the tomb raider but since then........

........What followed was a cascade of cracked games, including Doom, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Watch Dogs 2, to name just a few. Now, however, Denuvo is facing its biggest threat yet.

Yesterday, just five days after its January 24th retail date, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard was cracked by CPY. The self-proclaimed Italian group placed RE7 on a so-called top site.......

Denuvo have never said that there system was uncrackable but they have said that the time it takes will allow games to make the most of the early sales after release. i believe there is a guarantee that your game will remain uncracked for 3 months

my opinion this is a good thing but then i would say that! seriously piracy on the whole has led to steam, netflix, spotify, itunes (so not all good thenxD) and sites like them. 

sauce......https://torrentfreak.com/denuvo-piracy-crisis-as-resident-evil-7-gets-cracked-in-record-time-170130/

please try to keep this civil

Edited by jaggysnake57
padded out

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Maybe they got a hold of a clean prerelease exe? That's been a method to seemingly beat tough DRM but not really. I remember some Stardock cases like that. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

When Italians are good at something. great job CPY

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

8 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

my opinion this is a good thing but then i would say that!

sauce......https://torrentfreak.com/denuvo-piracy-crisis-as-resident-evil-7-gets-cracked-in-record-time-170130/

Given how long RE7 has been in development I'd say its safe to assume its using an older version of Denuvo and as we know it was cracked a few months ago.

The next few Denuvo releases might also get cracked pretty quickly too but I'm sure at some point games will come with a new version that's not cracked and it will all start again.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Given how long RE7 has been in development I'd say its safe to assume its using an older version of Denuvo and as we know it was cracked a few months ago.

The next few Denuvo releases might also get cracked pretty quickly too but I'm sure at some point games will come with a new version that's not cracked and it will all start again.

possible i would think that the next itteration will get cracked quicker than ROTR though

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

2 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

possible i would think that the next itteration will get cracked quicker than ROTR though

What makes you assume that? Every iteration has taken more than 6 months from release to crack, the version used by ROTR actually took longer than the version before it.

The pirates know how to defeat the current version but that doesn't help them in defeating the next version.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Thing is they already know the methodology behind how Denuvo works.

Unless the next 'version' of Denuvo works in a completely different way, they will have the background knowledge to crack it again but even faster.

And that's the point, it generally does the same thing in a different way making everything they learned from the last version useless.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

And that's the point, it generally does the same thing in a different way making everything they learned from the last version useless.

i dont enough about cracking to refute this but i dont see how the next iteration will be so drastically different unless its rewritten from the ground up 

1 minute ago, jaggysnake57 said:

i dont enough about cracking to refute this but i dont see how the next iteration will be so drastically different unless its rewritten from the ground up 

Neither do I but I'm basing the assumption on the fact V3 took longer to crack than V2 did so obviously they changed enough to make everything V2 irrelevant to V3.

10 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Thing is they already know the methodology behind how Denuvo works.

Unless the next 'version' of Denuvo works in a completely different way, they will have the background knowledge to crack it again but even faster.

Yep basically exactly what I was going to say

Cracking Denuvo is quite simple once you figure out how it works, the process takes ~ to an hour once the integration method is figured out for said game and since CPY seems to have figured out how denuvo devs generally integrate the software they can crack it in a couple days, patterns are key to cracking software and it is clear CPY has figured out this one.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Yep basically exactly what I was going to say

Cracking Denuvo is quite simple once you figure out how it works, the process takes ~ to an hour once the integration method is figured out for said game and since CPY seems to have figured out how denuvo devs generally integrate the software they can crack it in a couple days, patterns are key to cracking software and it is clear CPY has figured out this one.

For V3 yes but once V4 comes along they're starting again from scratch just like they had to when V3 came out, and when V2 came out and when V1 was released.

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

For V3 yes but once V4 comes along they're starting again from scratch just like they had to when V3 came out, and when V2 came out and when V1 was released.

Yes, though I suspect CPY might have some luck with the newer one when it comes out just obviously not this quick, but who knows it depends on the method however the more difficult a drm is to crack the more integrated it has to be, the more integrated the more invasive towards things like performance it becomes.

23 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

They just have to figure out how the game integrates the software, it varies depending on the executable of the game so its essentially like using the same type of lock rather than the same lock, so you are essentially correct they'll need to build from the ground up to slow down cracking.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Every Game gets cracked, no matter what. No surprise here.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Good, now they should just remove the DRM.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

@jaggysnake57

@AresKrieger

Seems I owe you guys an apology and I was wrong. According to the know RE7 was indeed using a new version of Denuvo already and CPY beat it in 5 days.

Sorry guys.

damm good job cpy i'm inpressed. you did something that 3dm was not able to do

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

This reminds me of the Italian Job.

Oh wait shit! Italian job 2017 :D.

*Performs Dabberoni*

/joke

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

20 hours ago, DemonicHeart said:

-snip-

Deus Ex got cracked already? damn, even WD 2, that was faster than I ever expected... DRM's are more and more seem useless, they don't avoid piracy and gives the legit users a lot of headaches.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Well, it was mentioned before that with time cracking such will become more faster.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |