And the reviews are in! CoD: Ghosts sucks!

TopWargamer

This is why I bought GTA V instead today.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Did you really expect anything else?

cmon now

Well he also didn't like BF:4 calling it the same thing even though I feel it is was much improved and quite different from it's previous game.

He's also the kind of person to not like modern shooters and like games like Doom much more, so he's far from a unbiased opinion when it comes to shooter games.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I played through the first level, I thought it was pretty bad ass the way it started, but I am not paying $60 for it, maybe is it comes down to $40...maybe

Will probably go down to 40 next October. Can't contain this excitement. The suspense.

La`~

This game is an utter pile of SHIT. It's so shit that there's NO DIFFERENCE between BO2 and this one. Haha and some people were saying that this would beat GTA V? Yeah in another dimension...

Well he also didn't like BF:4 calling it the same thing even though I feel it is was much improved and quite different from it's previous game.

He's also the kind of person to not like modern shooters and like games like Doom much more, so he's far from a unbiased opinion when it comes to shooter games.

He never said he didn't like BF4, in fact even in the Ghosts review video he said he's been playing a lot of it lately, his review of BF4 was actually really positive. He also liked, and played MW1, BO1 and BO2.

I don't know what made you think he didn't like BF4 or he hates all modern shooters, even his latest Doom video he said he doesn't hate modern shooters, a lot of them are good and he likes a few of them quite a lot.

He has image quality on high but the highest it can go is extra.

call of duty is the greatest game franchise ever, close this thread

ha...ha...ha...DOWNRANK!!!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Exactly! I don't care, but don't go around yelling, "CoD SUCKS OMG D00D," like no tomorrow WITHOUT reason!

There are plenty of reasons to not like it lol

Biggest one for me is that performance seems to be complete pants across the board on the PC release, some way a game of this graphical quality need such good systems to run smoothly.  That leads into the 50GB game size.  Where on earth is that going? the game looks worst than black ops 2 graphically, so w/e is going on is surely dodgy and the 50GB size is very strange.  Are 4k res textures in there somewhere or something, eating up most the space? there has to be a reason for it....

Yes its improved in some area's but it has some major things wrong with it for what seems to be no reason other than they just couldn't be bothered to optimize it properly for PC with proper textures.  It already looks like its a dated game, not a next gen game.

Right now BF4 is superior in pretty much all areas, and can actually justify the hardware it needs to run smoothly because it looks beautiful.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

suprise suprise, the new COD sucks, this has never happened before........

Yes its improved in some area's but it has some major things wrong with it for what seems to be no reason other than they just couldn't be bothered to optimize it properly for PC with proper textures.  It already looks like its a dated game, not a next gen game.

I have to disagree with that, it's a huge step back from BO2. They haven't improved anything really.

Why are ratings scales so hard for people to understand? I think MyAnimeList has a pretty good summary of how to score things:

1 - Appalling

2 - Horrible

3 -  Very Bad

4 - Bad

5 - Average

6 - Fine

7 - Good

8 - Very Good

9 - Great

10 - Masterpiece

The average game that is released is "enjoyably". If something is just enjoyable, then it should be rated 5/10. A lot of reviewers seem to think that the rating systems is like this:

1 to 5 - Bad

6 - Average

7 - Fine

8 - Good

9 - Very Good

10 - Great

Now I haven't played CoD: Ghosts so I won't give my opinion on that, but the other CoD games deserves a 6 at best if you ask me. They are slightly better than the average games but that's it. I like to think of it as the Mc Donald's of games. It can be nice once in a while, a ton of people love it and it has a very broad appeal, but if someone tries to argue that Mc Donald's is the best food in the world I generally assume they haven't really tried that much food, and should keep their uneducated opinion to themselves.

Does anyone take IGN seriously at this point? That's one of the worst gaming sites I know of. Extremely biased. Something I don't get are the strange system requirements. The game is almost 50GB? 6GB of RAM minimum (unless you crack it which apparently makes it run with 2GB less, because Activision are shit). How the hell did they manage that? Did they think making the minimum requirements higher would impress people? Sorry but to me it has the opposite effect. I think your game is horribly bloated and unoptimized.

I've looked at the first 5 or so minutes of TotalBiscuit's video and the limited options is already making me dislike the game. Why the hell would they limit FoV to 65? That's basically what I use in Quake 3... WHILE ZOOMED IN. 65 FoV reminds of this:

Titan it shouldn't even go to 30fps

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Last good cod was cod4 =/

a shame really to see a gameseries that I've enjoyed for probably over 2500 houres go down like this.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Have you seen any gameplay? The Graphics are INSANE....ly bad.

scared me there for a minute haha

Also, Battlefield.

It looks like IW have gone nowhere in 6 years, they need to take a year off and properly remake Call of Duty, restore it to the glory of CoD 2 64 player Tunisia :D all weapons perfectly balanced, no OP knifing, no ability to jump from 10 stories and survive :D

Maybe now Infinity Ward and Treyarch will try to spice up the series since some reviewers are giving such bad reviews...

Also, Battlefield.

It looks like IW have gone nowhere in 6 years, they need to take a year off and properly remake Call of Duty, restore it to the glory of CoD 2 64 player Tunisia :D all weapons perfectly balanced, no OP knifing, no ability to jump from 10 stories and survive :D

The problem isn't IW the problem is Activsion they kill all there games.

Activision is the worse game puplisher they're 10x worse than EA.

RTX2070OC 

Activision is the worse game puplisher they're 10x worse then EA.

True, I guess that's what happens when you push a stupid one year release cycle

The graphics by just glancing at it pretty much the same in their previous COD games with some ui changes in it. :D

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

People that hate the game and don't buy it seem to be the only ones that always rip on CoD.

While the people who actually enjoy it can look past the name and see what is new and how things have changed.

From reviews I've seen the map's have been made a whole lot better, the weapon system has much more customization, and the map modes are nice and refreshing with a few new being added.

Hate on it for a legitimate reason instead of never playing it (or the last 3-4 games) and saying it's the same thing. That assumption can not be made. If you don't like a part of it and have reason to back it up that's fine but most of the people hating on it don't.

guns are pretty cool from what i've played (at friends house), the movements are more fun, the sound is better than the previous cod, more weapon customizations. slightly better graphics and models.

its not a major improvement. but its there. oh, and the maps aren't terribad.

i hope this means that this overly drawn out franchise is finally dead. i just hope so.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Activision is the worse game puplisher they're 10x worse than EA.

Excuse me? Now I'm not trying to defend Activision here, they are a terrible company, but CoD Black Ops 2 is a way better game on PC's than Mw2, Mw3 and Ghosts will ever be performance and graphical wise.

Treyarch is doing just fine on PC, I HIGHLY doubt Activision is the one to blame here for Ghosts craptastic performance issues.

Why are ratings scales so hard for people to understand? I think MyAnimeList has a pretty good summary of how to score things:

--snip--

I've noticed a few companies are starting to alter there ratings to start to reflect the 5 being average instead of 7. People are freaking the fuck out though so it's making it hard.

This is why I am a fan of the 1-5 scale. 1 is pretty bad / 2 is meh / 3 is average some good some bad / 4 pretty good game should really look at it / 5 this is probably going to be one of my top 10 games of the year.

But people also don't seem to realize is that these reviews are biased and opinionated. You can not trust a review 100% because it's someone else's opinion. Christ look at the death threats that one lady received for giving GTA5 a 9/10 instead of a perfect score. 

What's more annoying than the kid's playing CoD? The people who complain about CoD.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd