And the reviews are in! CoD: Ghosts sucks!

TopWargamer

I've noticed a few companies are starting to alter there ratings to start to reflect the 5 being average instead of 7. People are freaking the fuck out though so it's making it hard.

This is why I am a fan of the 1-5 scale. 1 is pretty bad / 2 is meh / 3 is average some good some bad / 4 pretty good game should really look at it / 5 this is probably going to be one of my top 10 games of the year.

But people also don't seem to realize is that these reviews are biased and opinionated. You can not trust a review 100% because it's someone else's opinion. Christ look at the death threats that one lady received for giving GTA5 a 9/10 instead of a perfect score. 

I believe that is because of the U.S. grading system for education.

For example,

0-59 is a F

60-69 is a D

70-79 is a C

80-89 is a B

90-100 is a A

Since many of the review sites are American based, they use this system. I do agree that 5/10(50/100) should be average. Also, if you're going to look at reviews, read them, and then read more reviews from other sites, and then go to forums and read people's opinions on the game(s).

call of duty is the greatest game franchise ever, close this thread

ah You mean Battlefield 4:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Since many of the review sites are American based, they use this system. I do agree that 5/10(50/100) should be average. Also, if you're going to look at reviews, read them, and then read more reviews from other sites, and then go to forums and read people's opinions on the game(s).

I agree with it being peoples perception also, I feel some sites are trying to make the switch which is nice. Makes the # better instead of just 4 numbers always being used and 5/10 for a horrible shitty game you should never buy, than anything below that is just dreadful.

But reviews have words and there are so many of they. A reviewer can give a game a 3/5 and state that it was because of quick time events and long dialogue scenes. A person will look at that score see it isn't that good and pass it completely even though they don't care about those 2 issues. The sad thing is that if a reviewer were to get rid of the scoring system there views would drop a lot because people are lazy.

GPU reviews are the same, I doubt if even 20% of the people read the write-up. They go straight for the graphs and ignore everything else. Hence why videos are so popular. People don't want to read they want it fed to them in the simplest form.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

You mean it is the exact same game with a new box..? Like every other iteration since CoD 5? Surprise surprise!

There never was a cod 5... ;)

Yes I would like to know what is so bad about it besides the fact its COD like is it significantly worse in some way than Black Ops 2?

Yes I would like to know what is so bad about it besides the fact its COD like is it significantly worse in some way than Black Ops 2?

Currently the worst thing I have heard is optimization. There seem to be a few fps dips which really don't work well for a twitch shooter.

Besides that no, it's a new iteration of the game. New maps, new guns, new perks.

I like BF3/4 as much as the next person, but if I want just a gun combat no vehicles game CoD is the best out there. Has been for years, and that's why it sells as well as it does.

Once these issues have been fixed I am wanting to pick it up and give it a try. Same with BF4 though. To many issues with the game to buy at lanunch. Same with Batman, to many issues at launch to buy the game. ... Why does every single good game I want have these horrible issues that are breaking the game. If AC:BF has these issues I swear it's either a curse or these companies rushed to get there game out for this launch window.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

CoD 5 = World at War

no Call of Duty World at War = Call of Duty World at War there no 5 in the name. Also yes I know some source code had COD 5 in it just like how Fallout New Vegas was labeled Fallout 3 New Vegas. It doesnt matter COD 4 was the best and they have used the same engine since only their worse games. I remember that they said a new engine was going to be used for COD Ghosts, does anyone know if they ever did?

Currently the worst thing I have heard is optimization. There seem to be a few fps dips which really don't work well for a twitch shooter.

Besides that no, it's a new iteration of the game. New maps, new guns, new perks.

I like BF3/4 as much as the next person, but if I want just a gun combat no vehicles game CoD is the best out there. Has been for years, and that's why it sells as well as it does.

Once these issues have been fixed I am wanting to pick it up and give it a try. Same with BF4 though. To many issues with the game to buy at lanunch. Same with Batman, to many issues at launch to buy the game. ... Why does every single good game I want have these horrible issues that are breaking the game. If AC:BF has these issues I swear it's either a curse or these companies rushed to get there game out for this launch window.

Are these PC related issues if so the COD world really doesnt care too much the vast majority play on Xbox and to a lesser extent PS3. I dont think its the best one but its the most popular. the reason it plays as it does is because since COD4 its used the same engine which is a modified arena style engine. This is where the quick game play style comes from as well as in order for you to do well you need to flow (at least for me). Battlefield and especially others are closer to a tactical shooter while call of duty has that run and gun feel. The only game that I think would give the same feel would be something based on a arena engine but most developers if they were going to do that would then just make a arena style game. The problem with that is that its not whats popular and wont even get looked at by the core COD audience even if it has the same feel but is better. COD has a somewhat unique game play style and even though they dont care that the game/engine is broken lots of people will stick with them because of that. Also many either dont know or dont care about that. I may be wrong as its just what I have worked out over the years I have played every COD except maybe 2 and MW2.

So anyone else think COD games on XBL blow mostly because of the connection and what not? No I only play COD games on console, I only have recently. Another funny thing is with COD 4 playing on PC made me noticeably better on console, lol. Black Ops 2 did kinda of fail to captivate me for some reason as well i play until shortly before the second map pack came out and then I just never really picked it up again. I also played Halo a fair bit and I was hoping Halo 4 was going to bring me back fully like the days of Halo 2 and 3 but they screwed it up mainly because there was no ranked, thus no way to play casually. Then when they made it ranked everything and everyone was ranked. I really did like the game and its gameplay but man sometime I just want to play casually and not get my teams face stomped into the ground.

Also I think many of these issues you speak of are mostly PC related are they not? Im just saying if BF4 was ready for consoles by the beginning of november its getting pushed out whether the PC version is ready or not.

I apologize to all for that small rant I had there. I guess I just felt like I had to say something whatever it was.

I can't wait until COD dies out. I really can't. It damages the gaming industry by taking game sales away from games that actually deserve it. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

-snip-

PC related but I hear PS3 has fps issues also while the 360 is fine (architecture (you would think microsoft learned from the ps3)). I'm guessing PS4 and XB1 will run fine because of the hardware and the XB1 being downscaled so much.

Yea I agree. I think I like CoD and think it's the best because of the engine it's built on Quake. It's a fast paced game where you just run and gun, or camp in a corner. I like those. But besides the game play for me the way the weapons feel is great.

It's all personal opinion, it's just sometimes people fail to realize that and hate others because some random person's opinion isn't the same as theirs.

I really do hope BO3 or w/e the next CoD game is called will have a new engine. They need it, not because of graphics or anything but because of mechanics that I feel the old engine can not handle. And well I guess I lied graphics. The old engine is getting so out dated that updated graphics are slowing it down so much. You can only update a 10+ year old engine so much before it needs to be completely re-written.

I really think Battlefield is better than COD in every aspect. But of course that doesn't mean you can't prefer COD over BF. BF is just so well made that COD can't even compete with it. Technically Battlefield is superior.

For a game that requires 50GB of download you'd think it'd be amazing, what did they do, forget to compress them into a file format and left them RAW or something?

Its still running on a game engine from 10+ years ago what do you expect it was never going to look any better.

Its still running on a game engine from 10+ years ago what do you expect it was never going to look any better.

I thought they said there was going to be a new engine because of the new consoles, did they just throw that out of the window?

So yea umm nope from Wikipedia's IW Engine page:

"Call of Duty: Ghosts features an upgraded version of the MW3 engine seen in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It is unknown at this time whether or not any engine features have been taken from Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Since the main developer is Infinity Ward they have returned to their original engine naming system and called this iteration IW6.[6] IW6 is compatible with next-gen systems such as Xbox One, PS4 and the Wii U so polygon counts, texture detail and overall graphical fidelity has been increased. IW6 will also be compatible with Windows PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. The IW6 Engine features technology from Pixar, SubD, which increases the level of detail of models as you get closer to them. Mark Rubin has also said about the HDR lighting "We used to paint it in and cover up the cracks, but now it's all real-time".[7] Ghosts will use Iris Adjust tech which allows the player to experience from a person's point of view how their eyes would react to changes in lighting conditions realistically. Other features include new animation systems, fluid dynamics, interactive smoke, displacement mapping and dynamic multiplayer maps. Ghosts is scheduled to released on November 5, 2013."

So yea umm I didint like MW3's multiplayer and it looks like they chucked whatever was done with black Ops 2 out the window (possibly).

if I want just a gun combat no vehicles game CoD is the best out there. Has been for years, and that's why it sells as well as it does.

I disagree. I think that you should look back at some older games such as Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament if you want good twitch FPS games. None of this casual pandering/pretending to be a hardcore game like in CoD.

I disagree. I think that you should look back at some older games such as Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament if you want good twitch FPS games. None of this casual pandering/pretending to be a hardcore game like in CoD.

I agree with you but has there been a new one of those that was actually good within recent years? And if it was did it gain any traction? (Im asking because I really dont know)

I thought they said there was going to be a new engine because of the new consoles, did they just throw that out of the window?

The engine is based on the id Tech 3 engine (same as Quake 3 uses) but has been slightly modified every iteration. So you could say that CoD Ghosts is based on a heavily modified version of a 13 year old game engine.

That's actually one of the issues I'm having now. I want to get 2 copies of the same game so I could play it with my sister, but COD is too fast-paced for a novice like my sister. We are interested in Battlefield 4 but seeing how it is at launch, I can only hope for the best when the patches come out. Currently we're playing PlanetSide 2. It's fun but the fact that it is F2P limits customisability. I'm so disappointed in games this year.

I agree with you but has there been a new one of those that was actually good within recent years? And if it was did it gain any traction? (Im asking because I really dont know)

I have played Quake and Unreal tournament. But those games are 14 and 6 years old respectively. So still backing up my point of CoD is the best out there and has been for years. Nothing has competed with in for the fast paced fps in a long time and it doesn't seem it anything will for a while.

If they make a new Quake or Unreal than maybe that can take over but they haven't for a long time and it doesn't seem to be happening.

call of duty is the greatest game franchise ever, close this thread

Rape-Ewok-PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS_zps3c43ca07.

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Personally I dont compare COD and BF together. The gameplay is completely different. But CoD:Ghosts is really bad, new IW is really bad. The Black Ops series was the best after Cod4, Black ops having best gameplay and Black Ops 2 having best loadout system and mechanics. 

I stopped playing cod a while ago, anyways i find it weird that the game has so much hate now, i was on the extreme hate train for cod but now ive just given up arguing. People can enjoy it if they want to, if you dont like it then there is no need to get everyone else on their bad sides.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Last good cod was cod4 =/

a shame really to see a gameseries that I've enjoyed for probably over 2500 houres go down like this.

World At War was what I think ended the good CoD franchise. I loved the campaign in that. Also WWII is one of my favorite subjects too. :P

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

People that hate the game and don't buy it seem to be the only ones that always rip on CoD.

While the people who actually enjoy it can look past the name and see what is new and how things have changed.

From reviews I've seen the map's have been made a whole lot better, the weapon system has much more customization, and the map modes are nice and refreshing with a few new being added.

Hate on it for a legitimate reason instead of never playing it (or the last 3-4 games) and saying it's the same thing. That assumption can not be made. If you don't like a part of it and have reason to back it up that's fine but most of the people hating on it don't.

Then there's people who review every game with an objective opinion in comparison with the developmental changes between that and its last iteration as well as the progress of its competitors growth.

I'd say it's not that CoDG is a bad game, just the level of difference between the last game, (I believe BlOps2?), compared to the changes from BF3 to BF4 is what a lot of people were turned off by. Now on paper if you look at it, it may not be the case, I'm not big on this pesudoshooters, but to me I've played both in the past and battlefield always felt like it had a better game, but lacked in advertising, and now that I feel they stepped it up, in addition to Ghosts short comings with advertising the changes, and some issues they've had with reviews, comes its lack of success.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------