New Windows 10 Update KB3213986 may cause issues in games on multi monitor systems

RavenXE
7 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Because they have a 1000 employees testing the updates before they are pushed but there a literally millions of different pc configurations.

They don't do testing properly anymore so I doubt they have a 1000 tester anymore given how they sacked that department

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

More reasons why mandatory updates need to disappear. Anni update has been less consistent for me than the previous version. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Motherfucks ! 

I only play in windowed mode because of alt tab issues with full screen. So hopefully im unefffected by this issue 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Oh look.

Yet another problem with Windows updates on Windows 10. Very surprising.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

13 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

They don't do testing properly anymore so I doubt they have a 1000 tester anymore given how they sacked that department

Thats exactly my point. Not enough people to test every configuration. Its why people need to participate in the beta updates..

It's like people are too shortsighted to see Windows 10 isn't the only one having problems:

https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-software-update-breaks-windows-7-for-some-users/

https://www.ophtek.com/windows-7-update-causing-lock-ups-kb2952664/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/win-7-updates-seems-to-break-network-connection/58a1ba75-8752-4886-8ba0-3b2fef6ceb6b

http://windowsitpro.com/patch-tuesday/update-kb3163622-breaks-group-policy-it-s-not-me-it-s-you

Also I have this update and I'm not affected. Considering that there's this qualifier

Symptom

Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor

What's the percentage of those affected? I dunno. But Windows 10 has dozens of millions of users. The chances of at least one person having something bad happen to them is effectively 1 at this point.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It's like people are too shortsighted to see Windows 10 isn't the only one having problems:

Everybody loves boarding the Windows 10 hate train

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

i realy hope i won't be affected with this bug because i always seem to draw the shors straw when ther are  bugs like this in a windows 10 or nvidea update, anyway if i get afffected i might just go back to 7pro because i don't want to have this kind of problems again and do any of their work arrounds.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Starting the game with the other monitor removed doesn't work, you still get clipping. Tried it.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:02 PM, AresKrieger said:

It's easy to say that, but you can only test for so much before you need to push the update out. I work in application development and we don't always catch everything or account for how the end user might fuck things up if a certain thing happens.

These bugs are going to happen with how large these programs are since they do so much freaking stuff compared to what they did 10 to 15 years ago when we had "bug free video games amirite guys lelele eckxdeeee"

I'm also inclined to believe that most of the time a Windows Update screws something up, it's rarely Windows' fault. You have all this software doing all these things to your system, one of them is surely to pluck that thread where something bad happens and all it takes is for another program to tickle that thread.

For example, and it's not really related to Windows Update but it's a similar scenario, but what if you used GFE for a bit and it inadvertently screws up a config on a game? When you run it and the game either performs odd or the game itself does it work, do you blame GFE or the game? And what if it's an option that's not an in-game one but something buried in an ini file? And then the people who don't have GFE are going "wut are you talking about, this game runs just fine" and it really never occurs to anyone that GFE was causing the problem.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I'm also inclined to believe that most of the time a Windows Update screws something up, it's rarely Windows' fault. You have all this software doing all these things to your system, one of them is surely to pluck that thread where something bad happens and all it takes is for another program to tickle that thread.

For example, and it's not really related to Windows Update but it's a similar scenario, but what if you used GFE for a bit and it inadvertently screws up a config on a game? When you run it and the game either performs odd or the game itself does it work, do you blame GFE or the game? And what if it's an option that's not an in-game one but something buried in an ini file? And then the people who don't have GFE are going "wut are you talking about, this game runs just fine" and it really never occurs to anyone that GFE was causing the problem.

GFE always screws stuff up :)

4 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

GFE always screws stuff up :)

That is true, however, GFE 3 has improved things by a huge margin. I had to try it to see what's what. Now if NV could only fix font size scalling as well as Valve...

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

That is true, however, GFE 3 has improved things by a huge margin. I had to try it to see what's what. Now if NV could only fix font size scalling as well as Valve...

It's improved a lot but I've helped two people with a framerate issue that ended up being GFE setting their resolution scale higher than 100% in Overwatch.

This is a feature.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Patiently waiting for a response from GoodBytes.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

It's improved a lot but I've helped two people with a framerate issue that ended up being GFE setting their resolution scale higher than 100% in Overwatch.

Luckily I never encountered that, but I had Shadow Play turned on 2 times after disabling it every time, and that can cripple your FPS up to 20. :|

That and the fact that is decides to crash and not show anything until you reinstall it. It's not a bug, it's a feature. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

snip

I would normally agree if microsoft wasn't previously capable of managing their OSs or if they didn't have forced updates, but both are the reality thus they should be called out for their failure on this matter, also most of the additional features are things no one asked for and many have refused to upgrade due to their presence so if they cause such problems and few people like them why add them in the first place.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

27 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

I would normally agree if microsoft wasn't previously capable of managing their OSs or if they didn't have forced updates, but both are the reality thus they should be called out for their failure on this matter, also most of the additional features are things no one asked for and many have refused to upgrade due to their presence so if they cause such problems and few people like them why add them in the first place.

Pretty sure there were always tons of bugs with previous OSes. Lol.

How long have you had a Windows PC? Did you ever use Windows 2000?

29 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

if microsoft wasn't previously capable of managing their OSs

Windows 2000, Vista (pre Service pack 1), and early builds of XP, 7, and 8/8,1 were all shit fests. Some stayed that way, some where fixed fast, and some took so long that they're now remembered as being horrible but were actually pretty good once fixed (Vista namely).

30 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

if they didn't have forced updates

I'm about to blow your mind. Windows has had forced updates long before Windows 10, they just weren't as nearly frequent, as well as having a pop up notification that enabled the user to either delay it, or start it that moment.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

26 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Pretty sure there were always tons of bugs with previous OSes. Lol.

How long have you had a Windows PC? Did you ever use Windows 2000?

Windows ME, no I won't touch that thing, 98 was good, xp was good, that thing was trash

If windows 10 suffered the fate of ME it would be fine but windows wants a "universal" platform with 10 so it will be an issue unless they are forced to change course due to market pressure

27 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Windows ME, no I won't touch that thing, 98 was good, xp was good, that thing was trash

If windows 10 suffered the fate of ME it would be fine but windows wants a "universal" platform with 10 so it will be an issue unless they are forced to change course due to market pressure

Market pressure is pushing them toward a universal platform.