AMD Confirms All Ryzen CPUs are Overclockable + Not Just Octacore Available at Launch

HKZeroFive
1 minute ago, grimreeper132 said:

That is the only thing here I am not happy about, AMD is still wanting to leave it ages between launches, meaning intel will easily sneak ahead, again, leaving AMD with bad CPUs that aren't worth the money, again (compared with intel) for at least 2 years (estimation here, I know nothing for definete about this, so am just assuming due to past performance)

What they mean to say is that Ryzen will be launched in 2017 but they will not come out with a brand new architecture until 2021.

They will provide tweaks and optimized micro-architectures with new fabrication processes during that time period.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

What they mean to say is that Ryzen will be launched in 2017 but they will not come out with a brand new architecture until 2021.

They will provide tweaks and optimized micro-architectures with new fabrication processes during that time period.

oh ok, I truly hope that's the case

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

I still want to see proper independent benchmarks of Ryzen. So far basically the only thing we have is hype from AMD

I also have to say one things with regards to what is shown here (at 2:50). Dota2 has some issues ever since version 7.00 was released and I really think that Valve should have kept it in the test client for an extra month or two. Not to diss AMDs demo, but Dota2 in it's current state is not the game to use to convince me with

1 hour ago, grimreeper132 said:

AMD doesn't want another FX on their hand. They've learned from that. Besides, there's a proces node change coming (14nm -> 7nm), so we'll have a nice performance increase/power usage decrease in that regard.

Ye ole' train

3 hours ago, grimreeper132 said:

It is. Don't worry they will keep modernizing their architecture and releasing new models. In fact Zen+ is already confirmed.

Ryzen was a fresh start ground up redesign. Going forward in their annual releases it is not reasonable to expect them to keep reinventing the wheel each time. In fact it would be foolish and pointless, they would go bankrupt. Intel too keeps tweaking Sandy Bridge --> Ivy Bridge --> Haswell etc...

AMD-40-IPC-Zen-Zen-.jpg

Going by that image we are now getting a sudden 40% IPC boost in the jump from excavator to Zen. Whereas going forward in the next model it will be more like 10-15% with each release.

5 minutes ago, Humbug said:

It is. Don't worry they will keep modernizing their architecture and releasing new models. In fact Zen+ is already confirmed.

Ryzen was a fresh start ground up redesign. Going forward in their annual releases it is not reasonable to expect them to keep reinventing the wheel each time. In fact it would be foolish and pointless, they would go bankrupt. Intel too keeps tweaking Sandy Bridge --> Ivy Bridge --> Haswell etc...

AMD-40-IPC-Zen-Zen-.jpg

Going by that image we are now getting a sudden 40% IPC boost in the jump from excavator to Zen. Whereas going forward in the next model it will be more like 10-15% with each release.

Not just that, I'm pretty sure they've already started on the next ground-up design for the days after Zen since it takes years to get a design on paper and then onto silicon, if by that time we even still use silicon (probably not).

Ye ole' train

1 minute ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Not just that, I'm pretty sure they've already started on the next ground-up design for the days after Zen since it takes years to get a design on paper and then onto silicon, if by that time we even still use silicon (probably not).

Well yes they probably have laid out a high level idea... it must be early stages though since it is only expected in 2021.

2 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Well yes they probably have laid out a high level idea... it must be early stages though since it is only expected in 2021.

Nonetheless I would hope that by 2021 there would already be rumors about the retirement of silicon and a new material being used to increase performance. I very much believe that we have reached silicon limit and from either AMD or Intel until they do change to something else all new architectures wont be anything more than just polishing and optimizations without true jumps in performance.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

13 minutes ago, Humbug said:

AMD-40-IPC-Zen-Zen-.jpg

Thank fuck, as it was a bit of a worry that they would go giving us a brand new and hopefully brilliant CPU line up, only to then not touch the CPU market for several years, again, meaning intel has no competition again, so that the only innovation coming out is a tiny boost to base clock speeds, which I don't know why, but that sounds somewhat familiar to a certain CPU line up, which I can't think of the name of, mmmm :P

And more, several more

Wonder if anyone watched this vid and is still skeptical about ryzen (saying that the blender test was skewed in AMD's favour)

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

Wonder if anyone watched this vid and is still skeptical about ryzen (saying that the blender test was skewed in AMD's favour)

I'm not skeptical, I just don't have 100% faith in AMD, and still feel like they can screw up and make a mess to it somehow, pricing for example, so yea, I can see they are good cpus, but I can still see it going badly somehow

And more, several more

I'm not skeptical, I just don't have 100% faith in AMD, and still feel like they can screw up and make a mess to it somehow, pricing for example, so yea, I can see they are good cpus, but I can still see it going badly somehow

Well every company is prone to fucking up (EVGA FTW cards) but not all fuck ups are treated equal even though it could have been avoided

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

On 1/7/2017 at 11:59 AM, Droidbot said:

please have itx mobos with decent power delivery

please have itx mobos with decent power delivery

+99999 to this

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

8 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

I'm not skeptical, I just want proper independent benchmarks and not just hype from AMD. And with regards to the second benchmark in that video, I just personally don't think Dota2 in it's current state is a good game of trying to convince me with. Just about any other game would have worked for me.

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

Well every company is prone to fucking up (EVGA FTW cards) but not all fuck ups are treated equal even though it could have been avoided

yea, it the possible fuck up that I'm waiting for, which is not a something I want them to do but I can see them doing it. That being said if they do come out and are good I am considering getting one for my new rig I'm planning to make this summer.

And more, several more

yea, it the possible fuck up that I'm waiting for, which is not a something I want them to do but I can see them doing it. That being said if they do come out and are good I am considering getting one for my new rig I'm planning to make this summer.

Most things are pointing to they're good cpu's, I'm just waiting on reviews and pricing before I build another system... This one I have now is barely 3 months old xD

5 minutes ago, AxelRantila said:

I'm not skeptical, I just want proper independent benchmarks and not just hype from AMD. And with regards to the second benchmark in that video, I just personally don't think Dota2 in it's current state is a good game of trying to convince me with. Just about any other game would have worked for me.

Dota 2 was just used for a streaming test, bf1 was on demo too and on twitch you'll probably find more CS:GO, LoL, Dota and Overwatch streamers than triple A titles

Just now, XenosTech said:

Most things are pointing to they're good cpu's, I'm just waiting on reviews and pricing before I build another system... This one I have now is barely 3 months old xD

yea, I have a year and a half year old PC, which is a i5 4590, with a R9 380, which is showing it's age when i'm using it, especially when I use CAD or game and do a hundred things at once, so I need a new one. And yea they look like good CPUs but I have a feeling pricing will be the most important factor as if it's good then the CPUs price to performance will be good hopefully meanign AMD starts making money and so has the funds available due to innovate further.

And more, several more

2 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

yea, I have a year and a half year old PC, which is a i5 4590, with a R9 380, which is showing it's age when i'm using it, especially when I use CAD or game and do a hundred things at once, so I need a new one. And yea they look like good CPUs but I have a feeling pricing will be the most important factor as if it's good then the CPUs price to performance will be good hopefully meanign AMD starts making money and so has the funds available due to innovate further.

Hope Vega is good also... Need the market to shake up so I have options when buying stuff and not forced to buy from one brand for every build I'm doing for myself or someone.

5 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Hope Vega is good also... Need the market to shake up so I have options when buying stuff and not forced to buy from one brand for every build I'm doing for myself or someone.

I will base my hopes on Vega on AMDs Ryzen, as if they make a mess of Ryzen somehow, I will have no faith in them for Vega, but if they don't make a mess of Ryzen, then some of my faith in them might return and so I will maybe look into Vega hoping it will be good, only reason I got the R9 380 was because money reasons and it was the best I could afford, but yea, current plans for the new one is a intel hex core (or octa core if Ryzen CPU is well/similarly priced) and a 1080/1080ti (1080ti if I can afford it and it's out by then)

And more, several more

44 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

It isn't bad to be sceptical. We still don't know how it performs under most conditions, and wont do until samples get to reviewers and they bench it to death. Then we wait for it to get to users, and bench it some more in less common use cases.

I'm itching for it to ship and will give AMD my money just to find out what it does, good or bad. Should be fun finding out.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 hour ago, grimreeper132 said:

I will base my hopes on Vega on AMDs Ryzen, as if they make a mess of Ryzen somehow, I will have no faith in them for Vega, but if they don't make a mess of Ryzen, then some of my faith in them might return and so I will maybe look into Vega hoping it will be good

Why?

The Radeon Technology Group GPU guys are separate from the CPU guys.

Very much looking forward to the reviews and Intel comparisons. Not a fanboy of either manufacturer, but want to see some price competitive action happen in the industry as everything has been getting more and more expensive!

Delid 8600K @ 5GHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming G1 | Phantex Enthoo Pro M SE | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX100 256GB | 3TB Toshiba P300 | Corsair AX750 Custom Sleeved | Dell U2515H | Custom Hardline Tubing: EK Supremacy + 240 Coolstream PE + DDC 3.1 Pump Res Combo/Extended Res/Meyhems Pastel White | Corsair K95 Platinum | Corsair M65 RGB | Bose Speakers + Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro + AKG K240 MkII + Shure 840 | W10 Pro | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/socom_hero/saved/#view=NF74CJ

9 hours ago, SOCOM_HERO said:

Very much looking forward to the reviews and Intel comparisons. Not a fanboy of either manufacturer, but want to see some price competitive action happen in the industry as everything has been getting more and more expensive!

Lets hope AMD set their prices lower than Intel compared to performance.
Then consumers will win no matter if Intel follow with lowering prices or not.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

22 hours ago, Humbug said:

Why?

The Radeon Technology Group GPU guys are separate from the CPU guys.

I know that but well I just don't have faith in AMD as a despite having been big players in high end GPU and CPU markets they seam to shrunk down to the value end rather than performance end and I just feel like that there track record isn't great so I have little faith in them, same with intel to be honest after kaby lake

And more, several more