Google leaks new Nexus Device

Megabikerjoe

Google put a picture of a yet unknown nexus device on the "apps and entertainment" site of their android homepage: http://www.android.com/apps-and-entertainment/ (scroll down)

Many people say this could be a Nexus 8

I think this could be an interesting device especially for the people not liking the big bezels on the nexus 7

btw. got it from an MKBHD tweet

post-14518-0-82296100-1383430674_thumb.j

Edit:

Google corrected itself. The device is a nexus 7

post-14518-0-49662400-1383636380.jpg

Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

Strange. Google adding an easter egg in their android page instead of the Google seach? 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Lol like you didn't get this picece of information from the tweet that MKBHD posted

Lol like you didn't get this picece of information from the tweet that MKBHD posted

:D

Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

Probably some kind of Kindle rival ...

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

Couldn't this just be a bad photoshop job? Maybe they shot her with a 2013N7 turned off and then shopped a screen in? That body looks exactly like the Nexus 7 2013... right?

It looks like it has a completely different aspect ratio to me

Spoiler

looks like the samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0

edit: nevermind, the bezels are too thin

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

i would say nexus 8.. nexus 7 or nexus 7 2013 does not have that screen look...

Oh Google. I love your little Easter Eggs.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Couldn't this just be a bad photoshop job? Maybe they shot her with a 2013N7 turned off and then shopped a screen in? That body looks exactly like the Nexus 7 2013... right?

That is exactly what it looks like to me also, except I don't think Google would allow a bad photoshop to be on show. Ignoring the screen, the size of the device looks like N7 2013. 

Is it me or does it look like the sides are made of metal

Is it me or does it look like the sides are made of metal

I think it's just the reflection of a light

Spoiler

That is exactly what it looks like to me also, except I don't think Google would allow a bad photoshop to be on show. Ignoring the screen, the size of the device looks like N7 2013. 

Yup, looks more like they tried overlaying a screenshot over a regular nexus 7 but forgot to scale properly.

For a minute I thought it might be a device from some other manufacturer that already exists but it's running KitKat (White icons in the status bar) so emmm, New Nexus device :D

Yup, looks more like they tried overlaying a screenshot over a regular nexus 7 but forgot to scale properly.

My thoughts exactly

odd how MKBHD always catches on to these leaks. like with the nexus 5

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

It doesn't have a front camera. But they may be focusing on improving the rear camera which is really good. :) This would be probably be just above the Nexus 7 if it is 8 inches. If this were a budget device, Kitkat will be able to handle it due to their optimizations on budget devices. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I don't know a whole lot about Nexus devices but I'm willing to bet this is less of a traditional tablet and more like Googles take on an ereader - basic functionality (no front camera), low specs (KitKat), mostly just for reading books, recipes etc. Upsides for this are very cheap and it's something Google hasn't really expanded until now it seems.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Ha! I saw this and though it was a generic photo didn't even think it would be an easter egg.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

It doesn't have a front camera. But they may be focusing on improving the rear camera which is really good. :) This would be probably be just above the Nexus 7 if it is 8 inches. If this were a budget device, Kitkat will be able to handle it due to their optimizations on budget devices. :)

Another possible reason for no camera is that its just a Nexus 7 with a screenshot edited onto it and scaled improperly, thus covering the camera and making bezels look small.

Spoiler

I WANT THE NEW NEXUS 10 !!!! 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))