[Rumor] Zen Can OC To 5GHz on Air

patrickjp93
2 hours ago, CDHoward said:

Well, this post predictably triggered the increasingly bitter Intel fanboys.

Note how they do everything they can to negate Ryzen.

lol, I think everyone wants Ryzen to be a huge success. It's just that at this point in time it would be foolish to not be a little skeptic until we see the real performance and retail prices.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

I want Ryzen to be amazing.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

3 minutes ago, Mihle said:

I want Ryzen to be amazing.

Either it AND Vega need to be amazing, or both need to epicly flop. It's better to have Intel armed with Radeon's entire patent cache and IP library fighting an Nvidia that can finally make x86 APUs than it is to have a limp-wristed AMD trying to compete with both in this imbalanced triangle.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Even if this was on only 1 core its still great news becuse many people feard that zen wasnt a good overclocker (cuz of the new 14nm process and what not)

and if this is true it shows that zen can indeed overclock quiet well.

21 minutes ago, TotaLInsanity said:

Even if this was on only 1 core its still great news becuse many people feard that zen wasnt a good overclocker (cuz of the new 14nm process and what not)

and if this is true it shows that zen can indeed overclock quiet well.

Until we see all-core, this is hardly a conclusion. Even Skylake can hit 5.3 on one core for the 6700K, and according to all the leaked benchmarks, on the whole, Zen is well behind Broadwell, around Ivy Bridge in fact.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

10 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Until we see all-core, this is hardly a conclusion. Even Skylake can hit 5.3 on one core for the 6700K, and according to all the leaked benchmarks, on the whole, Zen is well behind Broadwell, around Ivy Bridge in fact.

around ivy bridge in terms of clock speed?

19 minutes ago, Humbug said:

around ivy bridge in terms of clock speed?

No, IPC.

10 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

the electric engineer in me is commencing Sudoku 

That's a number based board game. I think you meant Suzuki.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

41 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

no thats a toaster , what i ment was more ... deadly ... samsung? 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

48 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

No, that's a Motorcycle company. Surely, you mean Subaru.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

23 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

which subaru though? 

Re_Zero-23-Img004.png?resize=720,405

or

car_crash_subaru_wrx_sti_in_montreal_are

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

which subaru though? 

Why choose?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Space Reptile said:

no thats a toaster , what i ment was more ... deadly ... samsung? 

No, that's a company that sells explosives disguised as things.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

No, that's a car company.

You're thinking of seppuku.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

You're thinking of seppuku.

That's just extreme Bulimia.

It might be Sugru that we're thinking of.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

So you are saying it might be close to skylake in terms of overclocking?

7 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

You and I must be seeing different benchmarks. All of the ones I've seen, puts it at Haswell/Broadwell. Then again, this is the same guy that used Geekbench as irrefutable proof that Kaby had a 3-6% IPC boost over Skylake. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

On 12/31/2016 at 8:02 PM, patrickjp93 said:

No, IPC.

Can you share the benchmarks you are looking at which show Zen ipc being similar to ivy bridge.

they have showed a comparison of a multithreaded workloaded running on 8 core 16 thead AMD zen vs 8 core 16 thread Intel Broadwell E.

So this morning when we got time, we loaded everything up again with the new file from AMD's New Horizon page which seems to load the correct Blender rendering variables. With our 6950X CPU cut down to 8C/16T in the BIOS, with the same core and thread count (and core architecture) as the 6900K processor that AMD used in its Blender demo, and all our cores clock locked to 3.5GHz, we were able to "match" the results shown at AMD's event in relation to Ryzen Blender performance. This result shows us coming in at just under 36 seconds render time.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/12/15/amds_new_ryzen_cpu_smt_ipc#.WGlaCVxkOUk

1 hour ago, Humbug said:

Can you share the benchmarks you are looking at which show Zen ipc being similar to ivy bridge.

they have showed a comparison of a multithreaded workloaded running on 8 core 16 thead AMD zen vs 8 core 16 thread Intel Broadwell E.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/12/15/amds_new_ryzen_cpu_smt_ipc#.WGlaCVxkOUk

http://www.techradar.com/news/amds-ryzen-benchmarks-get-leaked-and-theyre-jaw-dropping

In everything except handbrake, Zen is well behind Broadwell and into Ivy territory.

On 31.12.2016 at 6:08 AM, patrickjp93 said:

Except it's not Bristol, it was purported to be SUMMIT, and it IS Sandy. But hey, FACTS.

i like how my original reply to this got removed , idlove to know why

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

So now its on 3.6 ghz and 3.9ghz boost 

And F4 is at 4 ghz boost now but thats with XFR and higher TDP than 95W 

Source:

If you scroll down the tweet you well see him confirming that its not on par with Skylake in terms of single threaded performance. But the Ryzen 4 ghz boost one can get close to the 10 core  Broadwell-e CPU in multi thread work loads. 

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.