In need of a Graphics Card for ~100 USD

NyxeonFX

So I am looking for a GPU for about 100 USD to play games such as
Astroneer, CS GO, Minecraft ( Shaders is a possibility ), and some works in Cinema 4D and After Effects.
My current CPU is an AMD A6-3650 with 8GB of Ram.
I would like to know details about the possibility of Bottlenecking, and if it will bottleneck ( Probably will 9_9 ) How severe could it be.

Thanks!
       ~Nyx

( EDIT : Im not looking for any Ultra settings, im just looking to get smooth framerates, not the 20 FPS I usually get in AAA Titles. )

Want any Graphic design or Motion design? Hit me up via the Site, or adding me on skype @ NyxeonFX

4 minutes ago, NyxeonFX said:

So I am looking for a GPU for about 100 USD to play games such as
Astroneer, CS GO, Minecraft ( Shaders is a possibility ), and some works in Cinema 4D and After Effects.
My current CPU is an AMD A6-3650 with 8GB of Ram.
I would like to know details about the possibility of Bottlenecking, and if it will bottleneck ( Probably will 9_9 ) How severe could it be.

Thanks!
       ~Nyx

With that budget its unlikely you'll bottleneck anything, any gpu in that price range is going to be pretty much garbage.  I'd suggest saving up a bit more and getting a 1050 ti or RX 460 if you can't save up enough for a 1050ti.  Otherwise maybe you can find something used?

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

You could buy an RX 460 but I think there would be a decent bottleneck there. Perhaps buy an HD 6450? I think or an R5 card. Then you can pair the CPU and GPU together to make a more powerful system without bottlenecks

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

2 hours ago, AniJan said:

Eh.

With $100, you really can't get a good GPU.

you can get a used one!!!  I would look at a gtx 760.

2 minutes ago, Kosios said:

you can get a used one!!!  I would look at a gtx 760.

GTX 760 is still trash.

Guys im not looking for any Ultra settings or anything, Just looking for Playable FPS. Not the 15 FPS I get in Astroneer.

Want any Graphic design or Motion design? Hit me up via the Site, or adding me on skype @ NyxeonFX

if i can get a gtx 770 for $150 CAD on the used market (more than a year ago)
im sure you can find something similar in the states

Photography / Finance / Gaming

2 hours ago, AniJan said:

GTX 760 is still trash.

It's not great but not terrible :)

and before everyone starts trash talking an FM1 socket CPU watch this 

Photography / Finance / Gaming

8 minutes ago, AniJan said:

GTX 760 is still trash.

Uhm I dissagree, I had a 760 in the past. It is not trash. Modern game got to around 30fps low/medium

8 minutes ago, NyxeonFX said:

Guys im not looking for any Ultra settings or anything, Just looking for Playable FPS. Not the 15 FPS I get in Astroneer.

Look for used GTX 770/780

USed r9 290/290x if you have good PSU to power

Or New 1050 if you can find it

RX 460 too

Save your money.... buying that cheap is almost pointless. Saving another $40-60 could easily get you something more powerful and really worth buying.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

20 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

With that budget its unlikely you'll bottleneck anything, any gpu in that price range is going to be pretty much garbage.  I'd suggest saving up a bit more and getting a 1050 ti or RX 460 if you can't save up enough for a 1050ti.  Otherwise maybe you can find something used?

Keep in mind that my A8-7600 gets bottlenecked by a GTX 750 -_-

"Rawr XD"

1 hour ago, AniJan said:

Eh.

With $100, you really can't get a good GPU.

7970 for around $80

Linus did a solid review of the RX460

beats a 750Ti... But yes everyone is right, save a little more money and get the next step up.

1 minute ago, ZackBarletto said:

Linus did a solid review of the RX460

beats a 750Ti... But yes everyone is right, save a little more money and get the next step up.

There's no point in him getting the next step up when he's using a A6 processor..

4 minutes ago, TomR said:

There's no point in him getting the next step up when he's using a A6 processor..

What games will need to be played on a budget system that will show a drastic bottleneck for that cpu? Those game should be expected to be played at lower settings anyways.

The difference between a $100 dollar gpu and a $200+ gpu would be drastic regardless of the cpu at this price point. immediately better resolutions and textures and smoother experience overall. maybe even screen capture if he at <30 fps and <1080p on game and recording. nonsense but just another example of usage.

ALSO the future remains bright if he gets a better gpu. He can get an a8-a10-athlon on that same FM2 socket. Quad-Core with an RX 470-80. Those CPU's are still a bottleneck for the highest end of gaming, but that's not where we are at here.

I understand that there IS technically a bottleneck in my recommendation. i accept that. but at this level of a system, any bit will count. Not to mention in 6 months when he wants to upgrade again and there is no path. he will have to buy a whole new system. FM2 socket dead and stuck with a paperweight GPU.

The better the GPU you can afford now, the more money it will save you in the long run.

Example. Not 100% legit.

Get a ~$300 GPU now...... save up for 6 months for a ~$300 CPU+MOBO combo with at least Zen or 4 core 8 thread Intel. SSD for next Christmas or birthday.

300 now, 300 then. instead of 100 now, then another upgrade, then another upgrade. Keep the hardware at a low level you will never be able to get out of a bottleneck.

You need to break that barrier and use that as your build path.

Higher end used hardware isnt bad either(if you don't plan on overclocking). You just have to take a step up eventually... Or just keep saving now and drop ~$1000 on a rig that fits your needs.

OF COURSE this is all if you actually need it bro... dont waste your money listening to us if your not going to use a 480 ect.. if your stuck on league, dota, minecraft, [insert light weight title here].... A 460 will allow you to record those games, worst case scenario, while you play and you don't need the extra headroom.