Do you listen to music while you game?

virusal19

i recently downloaded 200 gigs of jcore and 1.2 terabytes of lossless touhou arrangements. I feel these will keep my ears busy for quite some time.

Classical (mostly Beethoven & Mozart).

Various Indie bands I've collected over the years.

Bands of my youth (I'm 28)...Weezer, White Stripes (include all of Jack White's projects here), Strokes...you get the idea.

Blues...and all that that implies.

The odd techno track.

And when all else fails I find the soundtrack to Hotline Miami can amp any game session up.

"Practice static safety, hack naked." - Mega Tokyo

i7-3770K, 16GB, Samsung 840PRO, R9-290X, Corsair 650D

CCR gets me in the mood in far cry 3. Boney M, rave music. Anything that seems like it belongs in a Schwarzenegger movie.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

If it's just straight music in a game, I'd mute it and listen to my own. If it's sound effects in the game that benefit the person hearing them, I won't listen to anything else.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Casual Gaming it depends on my Mood, from australian Country to modern (insert hybrid style here)

Skyrim gotta love classical style music, Malukah and Miricle of sound are a MUST while playing that game if you want third party music.

Any serious gaming or immersive I use in game or disable music. (I do cosider skyrim serious but its Nords gotta have classics in it)

Gotta love Farcry3 with no music. gotta get that Mod that removes the Mini Map too.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

In most games I only listen to the game soundtrack and sounds but when I play Just Cause 2 I listen to the Roosterteeth podcast.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

I sometimes listen to Neil Degrasse Tyson's lectures while gaming.

Music wise, something like this

• 8 months later...

carmack 2 good

and no, it takes a lot away from immersion unless it's a music based game (or racing.)

Error: 410

Only on MMO's but its usually either music/movie/tv-show, for other games nope.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

carmack 2 good

This is freaking good

Yeah I listen to DnB on racing/fps games and listen to the game soundtracks on some indies.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Lindsey Stirling got me through the darkest times of BF3.

For the most part though, not on games relying on situational awareness, but definitely while playing Civ.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Yes

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Depends on the game. If I play Civilization or other slow paced games, I usually listen to music or podcasts.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

This is freaking good

Yeah I listen to DnB on racing/fps games and listen to the game soundtracks on some indies.

Most of the songs I listen to are DnB.

I listen to this one a lot and it's just a DnB remix of a dubstep song.

On a side note, yes I do listen to music while playing games. I don't play games that are "scary" or anything so I just listen to my on music all the time.

I listen to Zweihander while I'm playing Neverwinter or Kingdoms of Amalur (http://zweihander.bandcamp.com/), dubstep while I'm playing an arcady racing game like burnout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiNYUQXMH0A, and I don't listen to music when I'm playing shooters.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Depends on the game. If i'm playing something like competive strategy I will listen to melodic death metal. For fps games I will listen to folk metal and for casual games I will listen to symphonic/power metal. RPGs though I try to stick with immersion.

It really depends on the game. For most FPS games I can't really listen to music while playing them because I get distracted or the music makes it harder to hear cues like footsteps, breaking glass, or grenades. For most other games though I can listen to music while playing. Especially racing games!

i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | ASUS STRIX 970 | MSI Z77A-G43 | 16GB Corsair Vengenace 1600Mhz | 128GB/256GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2x 240GB Intel 335 Series | 1TB WD Black | Corsair 650TX | CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced (Ghost White) | Win 10 Pro

METAL FOR ALL

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

If playing an MMO, of course.  When playing BF3 or CS, only if I am not going very hard, but only to podcasts or something like that and usually just louder than the game.  Normally I play the game sounds just way too loud and enjoy the destruction #wishicouldbeplayingbf4rightnow

If it's a more casual game I will. I cannot listen to music while playing rFactor 2 haha, just doesn't work out for me. But I rarely play Team Fortress 2 without some Kate Bush or David Bowie going.

When I listen to some fast paced music when playing battlefield, I start total ownage.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh