Games for 12 yo little sister?

Eeglis

Hi, I built my little sister a gaming PC (she learned and put some parts in herself as well) and we got her couple of games.
Sims 4
Sims 3
Minecraft
Goat Simulator and Christmas Shopping Simlator 1 & 2
She's 12 and got quite powerful system.

So perfomance shouldn't be a problem, struggling to come up with some games though. Singleplayer, and local co-op games preferred, even better if the game can be played on the same keyboard by two players. If I recall correctly the first Lego Star Wars could do so. So, game suggestions for a 12yr old and for 10 year old little sister.

I might take a look into some Lego games after posting this. All suggestions are appreciated.

FORGOT TO ADD, the games should be fairly simple, or have great Language options. Finnish is her main language, and she can read Russian somehow.

System:

i5-6600k

ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING

ASUS STRIX GTX 970

8GB of Crucial RAM

256GB M.2 intel, bundled with mobo.

We paid for it 550e, but she got the 970 from me for free, in case someone is trying to recreate this system, you can get GTX 970s for around 160-180e.

no idea what to put here

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Stardew Valley. 

I'm not aware of language options, she doesn't speak English very well yet.

no idea what to put here

1 minute ago, Eeglis said:

I'm not aware of language options, she doesn't speak English very well yet.

Oh yeah... There are fans working on fan translations for it though, so still, put it on the watch-list. Too good of a game to pass up, especially when you're young. Also, Undertale.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Oh yeah... There are fans working on fan translations for it though, so still, put it on the watch-list. Too good of a game to pass up, especially when you're young. Also, Undertale.

I might play Stardew myself, couple of friends have recommended it to me.

no idea what to put here

Just now, Eeglis said:

I might play Stardew myself, couple of friends have recommended it to me.

Do it, and look up no reviews for it. It's far more charming when you go in blind.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Do it, and look up no reviews for it. It's far more charming when you go in blind.

All I know about it that apparently it's somewhat like Nintendo's Animal Corssing. And I've seen on steam that it's overwhelmingly positive.

no idea what to put here

Just now, Eeglis said:

All I know about it that apparently it's somewhat like Nintendo's Animal Corssing. And I've seen on steam that it's overwhelmingly positive.

It is similar to that. 

Portal 2?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

RPGs - Skyrim, Mass Effect

Construction - Cities: Skylines, Factorio, Kerbal Space Program

Strategy - Starcraft II

Just some ideas, she might not like some of these but don't let prejudice turn you away from showing her cool experiences

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Portal 2?

Portal games are good! I'll download them on her PC soon.

no idea what to put here

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

RPGs - Skyrim, Mass Effect

Construction - Cities: Skylines, Factorio, Kerbal Space Program

Strategy - Starcraft II

Just some ideas, she might not like some of these but don't let prejudice turn you away from showing her cool experiences

I think Skyrim is a bit too harsh for her age, plus there's still language barrier with it. She wants Just Cause 3, but I don't think that mom would be ok with her playing it.

no idea what to put here

4 minutes ago, Eeglis said:

Portal games are good! I'll download them on her PC soon.

Despite being a 2d game very little demanding, I would also suggest Terraria for being a more complete Minecraft experience and very friendly with children as well, you also mine and craft but its world more leaned on fighting some mobs and defeating especial bosses while defeating "corruption" and allowing the world to become a beautiful peaceful realm as final objective.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Despite being a 2d game very little demanding, I would also suggest Terraria for being a more complete Minecraft experience and very friendly with children as well, you also mine and craft but its world more leaned on fighting some mobs and defeating especial bosses while defeating "corruption" and allowing the world to become a beautiful peaceful realm as final objective.

I think that it might be a bit hard to her, I don't remeber whether you can toggle blood on and off though. It's a great game for sure though!

no idea what to put here

Audiosurf, Perhaps Dont Starve (But kinda 50/50 since it has some harsher stuff in it, and can be a bit hard but does have multiplayer), FEZ (Really Fun Puzzle Game), Starbound (If you want more terraria like games)

Gonna put this on another line cauz I love this so much... Thomas Was Alone (Reeeeeally really good story platformer, 10/10 would reccomend)...

The Trine series (Trine 2 & 3 mainly but I prefer 2), Limbo (Another really great story platformer like thomas was alone), Mirrors Edge if she was up for it...

Thats most of what i can think of from my steam libary :) Will add more if I think of any

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- 6TB SSD Array + 2TB MP600 NVME Gen4 Boot - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -
2x 1440p Portrait 25'' Dell - DT 990 Pro Headphones -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

Just now, Eeglis said:

I think Skyrim is a bit too harsh for her age, plus there's still language barrier with it. She wants Just Cause 3, but I don't think that mom would be ok with her playing it.

Yup, use your discretion, but it may be worth something to ask her directly whether she'd be fine with a game with a lot of violence on it. Skyrim only has blood, and a couple beheadings. Probably right about JC3, haven't played it but it's centered around actual crime? I harken back to the GTA V torture scene, that's pretty fucked up and maybe JC3 has some of that.

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Oh Terraria is amazing! Definitely consider it.

From my library:

Banished

Faster than Light

Long live the Queen - surprisingly hard and fun

Undertale - actually please do Undertale.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, YoungProgrammer said:

Call of Duty (kidding).

Get her something like Cities:Skylines and maybe even The Stanley Parable (but screen that one first). Antichamber is also an excellent game. I also recommend Race the Sun.

^ Basically the few I left out of mine just due to complexity :) Would recommend aswell

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- 6TB SSD Array + 2TB MP600 NVME Gen4 Boot - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -
2x 1440p Portrait 25'' Dell - DT 990 Pro Headphones -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

3 minutes ago, Eeglis said:

I think that it might be a bit hard to her, I don't remeber whether you can toggle blood on and off though. It's a great game for sure though!

Terarria is just 2D sprites, surely she won't hate the very small amounts of gore (ask her)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Eeglis said:

you can, and the game really depends on how you play it, when I was a 12ish years old girl myself I used to play GTA San Andreas on the PS2, my dad once did mention about it being known for its violence but I showed him my favourite thing about the game (and still true by today when I fire up GTA V on PC) is just get a nice car and drive across the world, I just love driving so much and the experience on it is more immersive than in any racing game xD.

Ori and The Blind Forest - is another 2d game might be nice, it's very emotive though even I got sobby like with the prologue but this is still the most beautiful 2d game I ever played for graphics matter, very beautiful.

Personal Desktop":

1 minute ago, YoungProgrammer said:

Antichamber is also an excellent game.

But not easy at all D=

Yes I have scars because of that game

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

postal 2 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just now, YoungProgrammer said:

yes but it is glorious and gives so many hours of like deep thought etc.

I would definitely put it on the category of not for everyone.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

postal 2 

Hotline: Miami

lol you just want to destroy someone

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Inrix said:

Audiosurf, Perhaps Dont Starve (But kinda 50/50 since it has some harsher stuff in it, and can be a bit hard but does have multiplayer), FEZ (Really Fun Puzzle Game), Starbound (If you want more terraria like games)

Gonna put this on another line cauz I love this so much... Thomas Was Alone (Reeeeeally really good story platformer, 10/10 would reccomend)...

The Trine series (Trine 2 & 3 mainly but I prefer 2), Limbo (Another really great story platformer like thomas was alone), Mirrors Edge if she was up for it...

Thats most of what i can think of from my steam libary :) Will add more if I think of any

I have both Audiosurf 1 and 2, but for some reason I cant share her Audiosurf 2 via my library, don't know hwat's up with that.

Is Trine 3 finaly finished? Last time I played it, it was reaally short.

Wasn't Limbo rated 18+?

Mirror's Edges are fun games, but I don't think that they're for her.

no idea what to put here

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Hotline: Miami

lol you just want to destroy someone

dang guys :D

no idea what to put here