Budged gaming pc

20 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

it actually isn't that bad. a gtx 1070? thats pretty good. I don't know what the hell the fricken flower shit power supply is though.

Yea a 1070 is good but the rest of his build is trash.

17 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

an SSD is not important waiting a few seconds more for a game to load or a few mins to install is not worth lowering the cpu or gpu.

Yea but he could spend 20 bucks more on a hybrid at least. We are not in 1995 anymore

17 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It's a Tier 2 power supply. Super Flower is among the most reliable brands in the business. In fact, they're second only to SeaSonic as far as I know. That Golden Green HX power supply is actually an extremely solid unit- along with the rest of the Golden Green series.

1. It's trash

2. 350W FOR A 1070 BUILD WTF

3. Learn how to multi-quote

16 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I wholeheartedly agree, and SSDs are only getting cheaper. Upgrading to one next year will yield vastly superior value. Furthermore, Windows 8.1 boots up in 15 seconds on my WD Caviar Blue 1TB (the same drive as the one in both my builds), and that's with only 42% free space.

You sound jealous as hell of SSD owners

11 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Price and efficiency=/=high quality PSU you know...the PSU he chose is higher quality than something like a old CX from EVGA...

Nope, a hybrid is a waste of money and a SSD isn't the end of the world.

A case is only there to hold the parts plus that case is perfectly fine so I don't see any issues with it.

Nope, I've had 5 keys off kinguin and g2a with no issues :P 

Yea the case is bad but if you only see it as "a way to carry parts" well then it's fine FOR YOU. Hybrid is no waster of money and totally worth the price 20 bucks more.

There are a lot of errors stories about there morons working at Kinguin. Alos a lot of time the keys get deactvated after a few months, usually a whole bunch at a time. This psu is under average to average and 350w is clearly not enough

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I wholeheartedly agree. That power supply isn't just higher quality than mainstream budget power supplies; the Super Flower Golden Green series is a Tier 2 power supply. That puts it on par with everything else in Tier 2, all of which are excellent units. We're talking about the Cooler Master VSM series, Corsair RM series, and Seasonic S12G series. 

Also, that's not a bad case. Check out the reviews I posted. It even looks handsome.

350w on a bad psu is trash

So true it hurts

6 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

Yea a 1070 is good but the rest of his build is trash.

Yea but he could spend 20 bucks more on a hybrid at least. We are not in 1995 anymore

1. It's trash

2. 350W FOR A 1070 BUILD WTF

3. Learn how to multi-quote

You sound jealous as hell of SSD owners

Yea the case is bad but if you only see it as "a way to carry parts" well then it's fine FOR YOU. Hybrid is no waster of money and totally worth the price 20 bucks more.

There are a lot of errors stories about there morons working at Kinguin. Alos a lot of time the keys get deactvated after a few months, usually a whole bunch at a time. This psu is under average to average and 350w is clearly not enough

• You just keep reaffirming your ignorance by claiming that it's trash. It isn't. Once again, it's a Tier 2 power supply. Take it up with @STRMfrmXMN and everyone else who made the PSU tier list if you object to its placement.
  • Neither build exceeds 300W of power consumption at full load. 50W more is more than enough to make up the margin, and high-quality power supplies are rated to run at 100% load.
  • If I was jealous, I would have bought an SSD. I can afford it, but I don't think it's worth it right now, as my HDD is fast enough for my needs.

Your repetition of your completely weightless critique points towards one thing alone- you have a bone to pick with me for whatever silly reason. If there's one thing that's 'Trash' here, it's your attitude, and your deliberately attempting to mislead OP because you want to pick a fight.

1 minute ago, SirFlamenco said:

This psu is under average to average and 350w is clearly not enough

let's see, 170watts for the 1070, 50 watts for the i5, on wait, including hard drives and the motherboard and whatever, it would come to around 300 watts where an above average 350W PSU would do fine :D 

3 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

Hybrid is no waster of money and totally worth the price 20 bucks more.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/storage/internal-hard-drives/1402500/seagate-desktop-sshd-review

I think the review debunks your idea of how a SSHD is any faster than a typical good ol' hard drive :P 

5 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

Alright then, what makes this PSU bad? Let's get into the fine details of what makes a PSU good as it seems that you know something we don't know.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

let's see, 170watts for the 1070, 50 watts for the i5, on wait, including hard drives and the motherboard and whatever, it would come to around 300 watts where an above average 350W PSU would do fine :D 

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/storage/internal-hard-drives/1402500/seagate-desktop-sshd-review

I think the review debunks your idea of how a SSHD is any faster than a typical good ol' hard drive :P 

Alright then, what makes this PSU bad? Let's get into the fine details of what makes a PSU good as it seems that you know something we don't know.

Seems like he/she just has a bone to pick with everyone who disagrees with his critique. Disappointingly, reason has been falling on deaf ears for a while.

9 minutes ago, ReBorn110103 said:

Woah you people are awesome, thanks a bunch! Im definatly gonna build it myself now. Thanka

Your welcome

So true it hurts

30 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Seems like he/she just has a bone to pick with everyone who disagrees with his critique. Disappointingly, reason has been falling on deaf ears for a while.

32 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

34 minutes ago, Aereldor said:
  • You just keep reaffirming your ignorance by claiming that it's trash. It isn't. Once again, it's a Tier 2 power supply. Take it up with @STRMfrmXMN and everyone else who made the PSU tier list if you object to its placement.
  • Neither build exceeds 300W of power consumption at full load. 50W more is more than enough to make up the margin, and high-quality power supplies are rated to run at 100% load.
  • If I was jealous, I would have bought an SSD. I can afford it, but I don't think it's worth it right now, as my HDD is fast enough for my needs.

Your repetition of your completely weightless critique points towards one thing alone- you have a bone to pick with me for whatever silly reason. If there's one thing that's 'Trash' here, it's your attitude, and your deliberately attempting to mislead OP because you want to pick a fight.

You know what, I am just gonna drop some informations and I'm out. 

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZvGsdSm4mo

2. http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iBhf8rpobo

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3pmMZDko60

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEIp1jgKnv8

6. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-things-know-buying-power-supply-unit-psu/

So true it hurts

4 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:
  1. I didn't insult your intelligence. I pointed out your ignorance. Frankly, I don't care if that hurt your feelings- you've been unreasonably nasty here.
  2. PCPartPicker calculates total TDP for you. I'm 50 watts below the power supply limit.
  3. I've already explained why I don't think an SSD is worth sacrificing compute performance.
  4. If you think Super Flower's Golden Green series is bad, then you don't know a lot about power supplies. Once again, I'm pointing out your ignorance. Once again, I don't care if that hurts your feelings. You're wrong, and it needs to be said.

39 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I don't know what's happening but although I probably wouldn't use a 350W PSU with a 1070 it should still run more than fine considering an i5 and 1070 will barely breach 250W under overclocked load.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

I don't know what's happening but although I probably wouldn't use a 350W PSU with a 1070 it should still run more than fine considering an i5 and 1070 will barely breach 250W under overclocked load.

This guy is convinced Super Flower Golden Green power supplies are shit.

That was my point. We're going to be hitting 300 watts at most with such a configuration. 350 seems like plenty to me.

Just now, Aereldor said:

That was my point. We're going to be hitting 300 watts at most with such a configuration. 350 seems like plenty to me.

I mean, I'm not sure what's stopping OP from getting a higher wattage unit but I'm sure it's been discussed at length here. Regardless, the Golden Green is a good choice so whatever

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I mean, I'm not sure what's stopping OP from getting a higher wattage unit but I'm sure it's been discussed at length here. Regardless, the Golden Green is a good choice so whatever

No the OP want a prebuilt and this Aereldor keep suggesting shitty psus

So true it hurts

10 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

don't most psu have better efficacy at 50% load rather than near the top load?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Just now, vorticalbox said:

don't most psu have better efficacy at 50% load rather than near the top load?

Efficiency? Well, if a power supply is rated '80+', that rating means it's 80+ efficient or better at 20% load, 50% load, and 100% load. So it's basically the same.

12 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

No the OP want a prebuilt and this Aereldor keep suggesting shitty psus

It isn't a shitty PSU. Your saying it's shitty won't make it shitty. If you want to disregard everything I say, read what you just quoted.

18 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Once again-

18 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Regardless, the Golden Green is a good choice

From what I know, STRM is at power supply knowledge what you are at denial; an expert. And if you don't want to take anyone's word for it, look for reviews of this unit and manufacturer evaluations of Super Flower.

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Efficiency? Well, if a power supply is rated '80+', that rating means it's 80+ efficient or better at 20% load, 50% load, and 100% load. So it's basically the same.

fair does, I remember once seeing a graph that showed that a psu is most efficient around 50% load not sure where I sae it though.

yeah it's just past midnight here so I'm gonna go sleep ?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Just now, vorticalbox said:

fair does, I remember once seeing a graph that showed that a psu is most efficient around 50% load not sure where I sae it though.

yeah it's just past midnight here so I'm gonna go sleep ?

Here's a techquickie video about it-

Check it out. It's short and informative. Not to mention; important for anyone discussing them.

22 minutes ago, Aereldor said:
  1. I didn't insult your intelligence. I pointed out your ignorance. Frankly, I don't care if that hurt your feelings- you've been unreasonably nasty here.
  2. PCPartPicker calculates total TDP for you. I'm 50 watts below the power supply limit.
  3. I've already explained why I don't think an SSD is worth sacrificing compute performance.
  4. If you think Super Flower's Golden Green series is bad, then you don't know a lot about power supplies. Once again, I'm pointing out your ignorance. Once again, I don't care if that hurts your feelings. You're wrong, and it needs to be said.

1. Yes you do, go reread yourself. 

2. I think a professional power supply calculator is better than the little psu tool on pcpartpicker. You now see the truth.

3. Fine, if you have an moron's ignorance, I can only recommend the extra of a hybrid for price of a sandwich.

4. It's only good value/performance, and that was back in 2011. Non modular, too. Turth to be said, it's REALLY average, and I fully recommend this : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zNK7YJ/evga-power-supply-100b10500kr it's the same price and you don't cheap out so much

So true it hurts

21 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

2. I think a professional power supply calculator is better than the little psu tool on pcpartpicker. You now see the truth.

3. Fine, if you have an moron's ignorance, I can only recommend the extra of a hybrid for price of a sandwich.

4. It's only good value/performance, and that was back in 2011. Non modular, too. Turth to be said, it's REALLY average, and I fully recommend this : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zNK7YJ/evga-power-supply-100b10500kr it's the same price and you don't cheap out so much

Expense does not equal quality. You're just proving your ignorance again. Ask anyone who made the PSU tier list if you're so convinced. Here's your argument with the examples interchanged- If a Core i5 6600k is on sale for $100, and an FX 6300 is going for $120, does that make the FX 6300 better? You've had your argument's ass kicked by a bunch of users here, yet you cling onto it. 

@STRMfrmXMN- if you've got the time, he's arguing that an EVGA B1 is better than a Super Flower Golden Green PSU. Could you help me explain this to him? They're three tiers apart in ranking, but he doesn't seem to give a shit.

17 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

1. He didn't. If the evidence is obvious then quote obvious evidence 

2. PSU calculators like the Outervision and Cooler Master calculators overestimate by a fair bit, even PCPP does a bit but it's more accurate to what you might expect if you overclocked your hardware. The best way of estimating power draw is by looking at Guru3D reviews of your GPU and CPU to determine how much power they'll use. Most hardware uses a lot less than you might think with triple 970s in SLI + a 3960X demanding less than 600W from the PSU.

3. What..??

4. The EVGA B1 is worse than the Golden Green.

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Expense does not equal quality. You're just proving your ignorance again. Ask anyone who made the PSU tier list if you're so convinced. Here's your argument with the examples interchanged- If a Core i5 6600k is on sale for $100, and an FX 6300 is going for $120, does that make the FX 6300 better? You've had your argument's ass kicked by a bunch of users here, yet you cling onto it. 

I even used your PSU calculator. Here are the results. Load wattage - 292W. Maybe now you'll shut up.

Amperage (combined)
+3.3V +5V +12V
10.0 A 8.2 A 22.3 A
75 W 268 W

@STRMfrmXMN- if you've got the time, he's arguing that an EVGA B1 is better than a Super Flower Golden Green PSU. Could you help me explain this to him? They're three tiers apart in ranking, but he doesn't seem to give a shit.

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

1. He didn't. If the evidence is obvious then quote obvious evidence 

2. PSU calculators like the Outervision and Cooler Master calculators overestimate by a fair bit, even PCPP does a bit but it's more accurate to what you might expect if you overclocked your hardware. The best way of estimating power draw is by looking at Guru3D reviews of your GPU and CPU to determine how much power they'll use. Most hardware uses a lot less than you might think with triple 970s in SLI + a 3960X demanding less than 600W from the PSU.

3. What..??

4. The EVGA B1 is better than the Golden Green.

1. ?

2. Nope, but I have to agree they were doing this a year ago but now it's "patched"

3 ._.

4. Yes, I think it's the only thing we can agree on here.

So true it hurts

2 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

1. ?

2. Nope, but I have to agree they were doing this a year ago but now it's "patched"

3 ._.

4. Yes, I think it's the only thing we can agree on here.

I don't know what you're trying to pull but I am quite aware of my my response to number 4. The simple fact that the Golden Green has a ball bearing fan (as opposed to the sleeve in the EVGA), all Japanese capacitors, better voltage regulation and one of the best OEMs (Super Flower) manufacturing it compared to the mediocre HEC design used in the 500B would make this choice seemingly obvious.