Humble Bundle will not give out steam keys.

The title says it all. Humble bundle will no longer give steam keys but it will however send the game to your steam games list. 

So i guess that means wayyyy less giveaways everywhere now....

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1pmq3v/humble_bundle_no_longer_providing_steam_keys/

Paintball meet up KD 7(8?)/1 + one capture 

dat duckface doe 

We may see this as a bad thing, but ultimately, this is a good thing, because it promotes more sales, and the more sales they get, the more that goes to charity.

:D

COMIC SANS

Makes sense since it IS for charity. Whoever wants those games should just pay for them.

Makes sense since it IS for charity. Whoever wants those games should just pay for them.

make new account

sell account

this will only stop giveaways but will not stop people from profiting

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I don't like this. I generally buy them all so sometimes I get games I already have, so I usually just give them to a friend who isn't going to buy the humble bundle in the first place.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

I don't like this. I generally buy them all so sometimes I get games I already have, so I usually just give them to a friend who isn't going to buy the humble bundle in the first place.

exactly

My 2 cents.

Humble bundle is to give games away for charity donations. If you have the game, you are still donating money but when you give it to someone who doesn't have it, it will make them less inclined to donate for something that gives them that game.
I stream and did giveaways and to be honest that is where I got most of my keys however I feel this is better.

dat duckface doe 

Although I guess I can understand this, this is also somewhat annoying . . . Someone may 'buy' a humble bundle but not want the games or doesn't want all the games - they then give them away. If next week's way like a COD bundle (for Ghosts coming out that same week (?)) but some people always have some of the COD games it'd seem (to me) like they wasted money since they can't give a key away to someone that may want the game.

So how are they going to "give" me the games by sending them to my Steam account?

The emails I use for Humble Bundle and Steam are completely different emails, if they gift me the game over email, then it will go nowhere.

I've never bought a humble bundle. It's for charity, so I guess I'll have to do it SOME time.

dont believe charity does anything worth while.. so doesnt affect me. & most of the games are horrible or old

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dont believe charity does anything worth while.. so doesnt affect me. & most of the games are horrible or old

Blatantly incorrect, look through the past Humble Bundle history. Sure, you might not get AAA titles, but you're paying <$5 for a ton of games. Don't be so negative.

And also, they stated on their Facebook page that they're listening to the feedback, and are contemplating cancelling the proposal.

I'm alright with it actually sending the games directly to my library, I actually purchased the Team 17 pack around about an hour ago for about £4 (6.50$) to get the bonus games, so yea. My point is, as long as the games are convenient for me in my steam library, I'm happy.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Blatantly incorrect, look through the past Humble Bundle history. Sure, you might not get AAA titles, but you're paying <$5 for a ton of games. Don't be so negative.

I'm sorry I wasn't aware an opinion could be incorrect? oh wait..

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this on the principle of people not being able to take advantage of it for reselling, but I probably won't buy any bundles that include one or more games I already own anymore.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have unconfirmed info that this will no longer happen due to negative feedback.

Will update soon

dat duckface doe 

Well then no giveaways from me then...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I've never bought a humble bundle. It's for charity, so I guess I'll have to do it SOME time.

It's for charity, you get awesome games, and you don't have to pay much. WIN WIN WIN

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

I think they should go back before steam was an option. Back when they gave DRM free copies of the games in each bundle. Having no way to link the game to a digital library such as steam, or any other service like origin, uplay, etc would be best.

A lot of people miss the point of the humble bundle and use it to profiteer, or otherwise exploit the good nature of charity. These are not "sales" it is a reward/incentive for donating to charity. Buying up multiple bundles at the minimum price is just wrong in my opinion. You are taking advantage of the game developers charitable contribution for your own personal gain whether it's to gain accolades, recognition, or profits by reselling.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I'm calling BS on Humble Bundle being for charity anymore. Look at the default split, something most people don't care to bother adjusting; and see how much of your donations are going to charity. Quite little, isn't it? While I love Humble Bundle as much as the next person, you may want to be careful about that slider... 

I'm also a bit sad about the beat the average which is replaced with a fixed value of 6$ :(

If they do so then I won't be supporting them as much as I have now. Despite the ethics of buying multiple games, I do so to share them with my friends and get them to appreciate the games these indie developers make and to get them to support them. They won't be spending 10-30$ on a game from a noname publisher, so I give them these codes to try something new, and if this is implemented, then atleast in my perspective, a majority of the indie devs who support Humble Bundle with their games will be hurt since they will have a far smaller reach. Most of the people whom I give these codes to do wind up buying more of such games during sales, and this may reduce sadly.

PC in Profile