Humble Bundle will not give out steam keys.

Personally I don't mind this because of the people that play $0.01 or something ridiculously low for the games and then selling the codes on eBay, although having said that because I do support indie games a lot I have had quite a lot of overlap with the bundles, but you pay what you want at the end of the day. I've got a question though, do they still allow you to 'gift' the bundles to friends?

So I have 1 question. What happens when you tick that box when buying that says send gift codes?

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

dont believe charity does anything worth while.. so doesnt affect me. & most of the games are horrible or old

Have you even looked into what these charities do? Or do you just believe this out of laziness? :/

On another note, you used to be able to buy these as a gift, I hope you can still do this

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Well ive bought the newest Humble Bundle and you still can gift/make giveaways, but this time they will be only links to the system to redeem the code automaticly by logging into your Steam account. There are "gift package" icons next to redeem code box and it sends a mail with link to that game to a person you gave email in.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

So how are they going to "give" me the games by sending them to my Steam account?

The emails I use for Humble Bundle and Steam are completely different emails, if they gift me the game over email, then it will go nowhere.

yes.you link your steam to humble bundle.than when you claim the game ,it will show in your libary

yes.you link your steam to humble bundle.than when you claim the game ,it will show in your libary

But you also select gift icon on side to send link to someone with that game to redeem, soo people wanting to make giveaways can still do that...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I'm calling BS on Humble Bundle being for charity anymore. Look at the default split, something most people don't care to bother adjusting; and see how much of your donations are going to charity. Quite little, isn't it? While I love Humble Bundle as much as the next person, you may want to be careful about that slider... 

I'm also a bit sad about the beat the average which is replaced with a fixed value of 6$ :(

While I agree that the default split is odd, it is completely customizable, you can give the entire money to charity if you want, they're not forcing you to give it to anyone, I actually think people do take notice of the split and know that they're donating to charity, also all the people that are buying these games probably wouldn't have donated anything to charity if it wasn't for things like the Humble Bundle. People are donating money because of this, whether it is a large part of the split or very little, it is still very much appreciated.