Australian Telcos will have to block torrent sites after court ruling.

Totallycasual

Time to get Tunnel bear!

http://tunnelbear.com/LTT

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Great now I've gotta get a VPN which will make my internet even slower...

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Because I'm dying to torrent stuff on 5881100847.png

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

24 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Up next: After people keep finding torrents anyway, Australia bans Google...Yep, the whole fucking thing....cause pirates.

And after people switch to something else:

"Guess we better just dismantle the internet."

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

3 minutes ago, xewp said:

Would love to sign in a heart beat if they allowed torrenting

Oh yeah forgot about that, damn it it costs twice as much to get a decent VPN that actually allows torrenting

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Or you could use a free vpn that allows custom tunneling to a certain russian village that has the best internet security on the planet....Yeah just my opinion.

It's not even just about pirates, torrent file sharing is used for all kinds of legitimate things.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My opinion is that this is completely unenforceable, it's thought up by a bunch of lawmakers that don't understand shit about the internet.

Just now, Sauron said:

It's not even just about pirates, torrent file sharing is used for all kinds of legitimate things.

Yes, but the dumbasses in charge don't understand that because their advisers are bought and paid for by big business.

BTW, the reason I'm not posting specifics is this is a trackable Australian IP address. With a little research you can figure out the vpn software I use (it's open source). the village is easy to track down isn't hard. An IP address is however, and can be expensive.

You won't believe some bullshit that has come out of one of Australia's biggest anti piracy campaigners, Graham Burke. 

“The pirates are not good guys. These aren’t roguish, basement-dwelling computer geeks,” he told the convention. “These are the same type of people that sell heroin.”

Source: https://www.buzzfeed.com/lanesainty/internet-providers-have-two-weeks-to-block-pirate-bay?utm_term=.nhjAO6DJm9#.npOE0WQw6X

26 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

My opinion is that this is completely unenforceable, it's thought up by a bunch of lawmakers that don't understand shit about the internet.

You can't block torrents in general, but if you block the largest torrent sites it still makes it a lot harder to share (even legitimate) torrents.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, CaptainGunny said:

You won't believe some bullshit that has come out of one of Australia's biggest anti piracy campaigners, Graham Burke. 

“The pirates are not good guys. These aren’t roguish, basement-dwelling computer geeks,” he told the convention. “These are the same type of people that sell heroin.”

Source: https://www.buzzfeed.com/lanesainty/internet-providers-have-two-weeks-to-block-pirate-bay?utm_term=.nhjAO6DJm9#.npOE0WQw6X

Yay, i'm a drug lord now!

Life achievement unlocked

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

This is too funny some of the sites they are trying to block are already gone like torrentz unless it has gone back up, also depending on the blocking method it could be very easy to go to these site.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Change DNS servers first off, most blocking will be done through telcos DNS servers directly. If still can't access then use a good proxy, if still can't connect and/or download then VPN is the answer.

I of course mean for legit downloads, as the media and courts have again forgotten that torrenting in and of itself is NOT illegal (funny that huh!). They could of course be forced to block p2p traffic, but again this only harms everyone as there are legitimate uses of this.. again the answer is VPN, as unless they are using a packet sniffer they should be unable to tell what it is going through the pipes AFAIK. And isn't it against net neutrality laws to not treat all traffic as equal anyway?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

20 hours ago, Droidbot said:

holy lord these people are so stupid.. " This judgement gives us another tool to fight the international criminals who seek to profit from the hard work of actors, writers, directors and other creators the world over " - they don't profit that much, they earn money from ads but hosting a tracker and a large db is expensive as well as recruiting staff. these douchebags are blocking us access to content that is unfeasible to get otherwise, like the grand tour, etc. gt for example requires amazon prime which offers us little to no benefits for $100 USD a year. 

$100 USD... A year. Not that much!

Netflix is more expensive. 

So... Movie producers need to pay $50 per site. Is there a independent review board that approves/denies what sites get blocked? If this lies with the movies studios, I have a MASSIVE bone to pick. 

1 hour ago, Belgarathian said:

$100 USD... A year. Not that much!

Netflix is more expensive. 

So... Movie producers need to pay $50 per site. Is there a independent review board that approves/denies what sites get blocked? If this lies with the movies studios, I have a MASSIVE bone to pick. 

it's a lot for just one show imo

idk

21 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

Foxtel welcomed the decision calling it a "major step in directly combating piracy". 

That´s so much overselling... First, if I understood correctly, you don´t even need a VPN, just anyway to bypass their DNS would do. And second, they charge them for every site they request to blocked... :P 

On 12/15/2016 at 9:20 AM, Misanthrope said:

Up next: After people keep finding torrents anyway, Australia bans Google...Yep, the whole fucking thing....cause pirates.

That's okay, just ask Jeeves...

I'm surprised torrent sites haven't just migrated to tor.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´