Games With Snow: How Are These/ Recommend Any?

Made In Canada

Okay, im just going to keep it short. Im looking for games with snow, and maybe even some holiday cheer (im looking for open world mainly, RPG is a bonus). Here is a list of what i am looking at and if anyone who has played ANY of these, please answer the next 2 questions. 1. how much snow is there? 2. how good is the game? Remember, these are games with ALOT of snow in them, or give off a real festive vibe. Not just games that have a snow part. Feel free to list any of your own you recommend :D

1. Far Cry 4

2. Assassin's Creed 3

3. Dead Rising 4

Yep, thats all i could find that looked good.

And before anyone says anything. Skyrim is already modded to the teeth with a whole bunch of Snow and Christmas mods.

Thanks For reading and Merry Christmas.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

2 minutes ago, Made In Canada said:

Okay, im just going to keep it short. Im looking for games with snow, and maybe even some holiday cheer (im looking for open world mainly, RPG is a bonus). Here is a list of what i am looking at and if anyone who has played ANY of these, please answer the next 2 questions. 1. how much snow is there? 2. how good is the game? Remember, these are games with ALOT of snow in them, or give off a real festive vibe. Not just games that have a snow part. Feel free to list any of your own you recommend :D

1. Far Cry 4

2. Assassin's Creed 3

3. Dead Rising 4

And before anyone says anything. Skyrim is already modded to the teeth with a whole bunch of Snow and Christmas mods.

It's only for a limited time, but GTA V's online changes for Christmas with snow and lights. May want to check that out, just a suggestion. It's a masterful open world game.

GTA V Online usually has a period of time with snow and you can always go into Story and mod some snow in.  Another game is Steep, recently released by Ubisoft it's a game all about winter sports (skiing and snowboarding with wingsuiting and parasailing) and the setting is a mountain range covered in deep snow.  Not much of a Christmas vibe in Steep though.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

1 minute ago, dobo2001 said:

It's only for a limited time, but GTA V's online changes for Christmas with snow and lights. May want to check that out, just a suggestion. It's a masterful open world game.

Not a bad choice (kinda have dont everything in the game) but nontheless, Thank You for the suggestion :D

-Made In Canada

There's The Division, which has a shit ton of snow effects in it - probably more than the games you listed.

4 minutes ago, Made In Canada said:

merry-chrithmith.jpg

1 minute ago, Gamessys said:

GTA V Online usually has a period of time with snow and you can always go into Story and mod some snow in.  Another game is Steep, recently released by Ubisoft it's a game all about winter sports (skiing and snowboarding with wingsuiting and parasailing) and the setting is a mountain range covered in deep snow.  Not much of a Christmas vibe in Steep though.

Thank You, not a bad thing to have a selection of game types :D

-Made In Canada

6 minutes ago, Made In Canada said:

im looking for open world mainly, RPG is a bonus)

Skyrim, some areas have lots of snow.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

There's The Division, which has a shit ton of snow effects in it - probably more than the games you listed.

How is the single player? (i think the map is amazing but have not heard much in good things about the gameplay... unrealistic, repetitive, etc.)

-Made In Canada

1 minute ago, SLAYR said:

Skyrim, some areas have lots of snow.

Wayyyyy ahead of ya, but still a great suggestion :D

9 minutes ago, Made In Canada said:

-Made In Canada

Just now, Made In Canada said:

How is the single player? (i think the map is amazing but have not heard much in good things about the gameplay... unrealistic, repetitive, etc.)

It's an RPG/Action shooter, so the damage isn't going to work like it would in your typical FPS where head shots typically mean a one shot kill (even though at most times you could get a one shot kill with head shots). Once you get that out of your head and just take it for what it is, the game is really fun to play.

The single player is really good too, but after a bit you'll feel like you're just running from vista to vista/mission to mission/etc if you don't pay attention to story at all. However, the "dungeon" missions are challenging and fun, and ever since the revamp of game balancing, you get better rewards and more skill is involved in how you play than previously.

I don't have the DLC yet, but supposedly the survival DLC adds a much needed breath of fresh air to the game, and people playing this DLC are saying that it's how the game should have launched and the rest of the game should be that way.

5 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

It's an RPG/Action shooter, so the damage isn't going to work like it would in your typical FPS where head shots typically mean a one shot kill (even though at most times you could get a one shot kill with head shots). Once you get that out of your head and just take it for what it is, the game is really fun to play.

The single player is really good too, but after a bit you'll feel like you're just running from vista to vista/mission to mission/etc if you don't pay attention to story at all. However, the "dungeon" missions are challenging and fun, and ever since the revamp of game balancing, you get better rewards and more skill is involved in how you play than previously.

I don't have the DLC yet, but supposedly the survival DLC adds a much needed breath of fresh air to the game, and people playing this DLC are saying that it's how the game should have launched and the rest of the game should be that way.

Thank You for pointing that out, i have not considered the division until now. Thank You Very Much.

-Made In Canada

Rainbow Six: Siege

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

6 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Rainbow Six: Siege

they have snow?

-Made In Canada

1 minute ago, Made In Canada said:

they have snow?

A lot of the scenarios and maps do

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

A lot of the scenarios and maps do

are they random or can you make sure you get the snow maps?

-Made In Canada

Just now, Made In Canada said:

are they random or can you make sure you get the snow maps?

You can do the scenarios buts its random in multiplayer

Spoiler

AXIOM

31 minutes ago, Made In Canada said:

1. Far Cry 4

2. Assassin's Creed 3

3. Dead Rising 4

If you want Snow and an AC game I highly advise your to go for with Assassin's Creed Rogue instead.

Spoiler

1ea3167a-e05c-4e8d-aec1-100c623d4915.jpg

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Gothic 2

Battlefield 4

Bad Company 2

DiRT 3

Morrowind - Bloodmoon

Max Payne 3

Crysis

Crysis Warhead

Fahrenheit

Pillars of Eternity - The White March

Counter-Strike: Source

The Long Dark

Age of Empires II HD

Age of Empires 3

Age of Mythology

Company of Heroes 2

The Banner Saga

The Banner Saga 2

Lords of the Fallen

Battlefront II

Lost Planet 3

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Battlefield 3 and 4.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Borderlands 2 opening and 1st few missions is in nothing but a snow area.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

17 hours ago, Technicolors said:

I recall Rockstar's Bully has a christmas chapter 

15 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Gothic 2

Battlefield 4

Bad Company 2

DiRT 3

Morrowind - Bloodmoon

Max Payne 3

Crysis

Crysis Warhead

Fahrenheit

Pillars of Eternity - The White March

Counter-Strike: Source

The Long Dark

Age of Empires II HD

Age of Empires 3

Age of Mythology

Company of Heroes 2

The Banner Saga

The Banner Saga 2

Lords of the Fallen

Battlefront II

Lost Planet 3

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Battlefield 3 and 4.

4 hours ago, razor767 said:

Cities Skylines with the Snowfall expansion. 

4 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Borderlands 2 opening and 1st few missions is in nothing but a snow area.

Thank You for all the great suggestions, each one is appreciated. :D Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by Made In Canada
Words

-Made In Canada