New Origin Laptop possibly the best in the world?

deadaccount69

Can i get one with an AMD card maybe? ;)

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I'm going to get mine with an AMD graphics card.. oh wait... xD   Now actually on to the article, can't these ' high end ' gaming laptops just die already?

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

It's so ugly lol I do like that keyboard though. U could build a desktop for 800$ that would perform the same if not better...

An $800 USD desktop that could perform the same?! Please let me know in 1 or 2 years when GTX 780's are that cheap.

post-29406-0-42129600-1383077086.png

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I don't understand why those laptops can't have a classic look :( They always go for weird styles ... like gamers have no tastes and are stuck in their teens. Cool computer hardware though.

Super thick and ugly, would sacrifice a bit of power for a small more elegant form factor such as a Mac Book Pro with Retina Display. SOoo nice.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Portable?

not really

Light?

no

Good screen?

probably TN

Good trackpad?

unlikely

Cheap?

no way

Good build quality?

unlikely

Good looking?

subjective, but no. Look at all those ugly angles

Fastest =/= best.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

This laptop better have good cooling in order to support overclocking. Is that a rear camera on the back of the monitor?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

wow you definitely use the word "best" very loosely, that's very portable and energy efficient I'm sure, I could definitely see myself word processing/browsing on that for 12 hrs straight on my lap without needing to charge or anything at all...

I don't understand why those laptops can't have a classic look :( They always go for weird styles ... like gamers have no tastes and are stuck in their teens. Cool computer hardware though.

Yeah, I certainly like the route Razer is taking in that aspect.

Laptops like this has excited for ages now. Eurocom and Sager to mention two of the big names (both of which can have higher end hardware than the Origin laptop). They are not worth the prices though.

Wait isn't Eurocom's Phanter 4.0 already more powerful than this laptop?They want to release a even better one?like stuffing 8 Xeon E7-8890v2 in there?

I guess more people should know this but Origin OEMs/ rebrands Sager laptops, adds their own look and paint, and sells them at a much higher price. There are far cheaper alternatives, often with better customizations such as LPC Digital who are selling the same thing. Also, all of these lineups of Sager laptops have had 4-5 expansion bays. In addition to that, I apologize for being rude but this is a bit old if you consider that others launched it a while ago...

Heres the link to the LPC Digital one with the exact same specs- http://www.lpc-digital.com/sager-np9380-features-special.html

If the OP reads this- I am sorry if this came across as being arrogant/ rude but I honestly hate OriginPC. If I meet you, I'll give you some cookies to make it up though :)

No, Origin rebrands Clevo laptops(and Sager rebrands Clevo laptops :P Clevo is a huge OEM).

http://rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30215

30215_P375SM-8.jpgorigin-2-580x411.jpg

That's a Clevo OEM right there!

I've lost respect for origin in general after the AMD debacle. Not to mention you can see the CEO's heavy bias to one particular company anyway, which honestly hurts consumers choices.

You actually had respect for them up to that point?

From what I've seen, their way of marketing is to give youtubers and streamers hugely overkill systems and then wait for impressionable kids to also want that system, except the kid has to pay full price.

Aside from the LED strips and the 'frostbite cooling' (lol, h60 but twice the price.) it's just an overpriced build that kinda looks alright.

So two gtx 780m? so....... gtx 790 confimed? gtx 790m? 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

So two gtx 780m? so....... gtx 790 confimed? gtx 790m? 

Uh, no? It's two 780m's in SLI.

"Gaming Laptop" is an Oxymoron, Hell I can bolt a 17 inch monitor to the side of my HAF-X and call it a portable gaming rig, If I add a hinge I can call the thing a laptop, does not matter that it doesn't have a battery. If it did it would run out of charge before it finished booting.

I honestly dont see a market for super high end laptops like this, at this point you start to think and ITX desktop is a better option.

I honestly dont see a market for super high end laptops like this, at this point you start to think and ITX desktop is a better option.

These kind of laptops aren't meant for portability, it's meant to be a workstation.

A laptop like this is suppose to be at a table with a power cord straight into the wall(or hopefully surge protector).

I'd personally get this kind of a laptop just so I could shut it down and move it to my next spot with ease, if I had a ITX build I would have to move the machine, keyboard, mouse and monitor/tv as well, with this I move one thing and one thing only.

Whoops! My bad :P I mixed up Sager and Clevo  :lol:

Not a problem, it doesn't help that Sager rebrands Clevo's either :P