New Origin Laptop possibly the best in the world?

deadaccount69

Boutique computer maker Origin PC has announced a new laptop aimed at gamers, computer enthusiasts, professional users, and artists that packs a lot of GPU power into a portable chassis. The notebook computer is called the EON17-SLX and it offers the power of a pair of Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M GPUs. The notebook can also be fitted with other high-end hardware.

origin-1-580x421.jpg

The notebook computer uses fourth-generation Intel Haswell mobile processors up to the Intel Extreme Core i7 4930MX operating at 3.0 GHz. The EON17-SLX is available with a single GPU, but adding dual GPU’s offers improved frame rates allowing mobile gamers to play the latest PC games at higher detail settings.

origin-2-580x411.jpg

Origin PC also offers a professional GPU overclocking service that will increase the performance of the GPUs right out-of-the-box. The notebook is available with five different storage options including dual mSATA drives and dual HDD/SSD options with independent RAID configurations up to 1 TB capacity per drive. An optical the hard drive caddy can also be installed allowing a total of five storage drives inside the notebook computer.

origin-3-580x385.jpg

The machine also supports Intel Thunderbolt technology offering faster connectivity with the external devices for storage and other needs. The notebook features a 17.3-inch FHT LED backlit matte finish display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. The notebook supports up to 32 GB of RAM and runs the Windows operating system. The EON17-SLX notebook computer starts at under $1999 and fully option versions will go for significantly more than the starting price.

Original article posted on slash gear: http://www.slashgear.com/origin-pc-eon17-slx-laptop-rocks-two-nvidia-geforce-gtx-780m-graphics-cards-29303353/

5 storage bays, dual gtx 780, where do I sign up?

Sure.... let's just say that this will be a good and economically viable purchase 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

If it the best laptop in the world it shure ass hell isn't the best looking. 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Guess the price is crazy, and i would never buy a very expensive gaming laptop. Why? Simply because it get's outdated so fast, and you can get same performance for less if you go for a desktop.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Yeah, with the 'best' pricing as well no doubt, and that is one ugly ass trackpad.

I agree its overpriced and ugly, but man! That power. I wouldnt buy it but it is likely the most powerful laptop(at least that i have seen)

I feel like this thing won't be the best laptop in the world at stock so to speak. They are just advertising you CAN pay to make it the best through.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Look how thick that thing is. Not the most portable in the world I'm thinking

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Where are the ascetics of it though???

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

At this point why not just get a desktop computer.  Or better yet strap a mITX system to your back with an external battery pack :P

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

It is probably the best performance laptop, and the price is not that bad I think, at least for a "Gaming" laptop. But can't argue with everyone if we talking about the look.

Before I got half way down the post "This reminds me of alienware." Then I see the price "So does this."

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fully specced, 4tb of SSD, SLI 780M, etc gets up to about $8000...

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

"Origin PC also offers a professional GPU overclocking service that will increase the performance of the GPUs right out-of-the-box"

wow

professional overklokk

so stronk software

wow

It is probably the best performance laptop, and the price is not that bad I think, at least for a "Gaming" laptop. But can't argue with everyone if we talking about the look.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO

It's stupid expensive, period. 

$1999 is the bare minimum, "lowest spec", to get the same amount of power you would from a $2000~3000 rig, it would cost around $7000 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I've lost respect for origin in general after the AMD debacle. Not to mention you can see the CEO's heavy bias to one particular company anyway, which honestly hurts consumers choices.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

I've lost respect for origin in general after the AMD debacle. Not to mention you can see the CEO's heavy bias to one particular company anyway, which honestly hurts consumers choices.

Meh, they honestly didn't have much going for them (for me at least) 

Other boutique PC assemblers such as Digital Storm and Steiger Dynamics, while expensive, they have their own special touch (DS has their super fancy cooling while SD looks bad ass in general). 

Laptops like this has existed for ages now. Eurocom and Sager to mention two of the big names (both of which can have higher end hardware than the Origin laptop). They are not worth the prices though.

It's so ugly lol I do like that keyboard though. U could build a desktop for 800$ that would perform the same if not better...

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

I guess more people should know this but Origin OEMs/ rebrands Sager laptops, adds their own look and paint, and sells them at a much higher price. There are far cheaper alternatives, often with better customizations such as LPC Digital who are selling the same thing. Also, all of these lineups of Sager laptops have had 4-5 expansion bays. In addition to that, I apologize for being rude but this is a bit old if you consider that others launched it a while ago...

Heres the link to the LPC Digital one with the exact same specs- http://www.lpc-digital.com/sager-np9380-features-special.html

If the OP reads this- I am sorry if this came across as being arrogant/ rude but I honestly hate OriginPC. If I meet you, I'll give you some cookies to make it up though :)

Look how thick that thing is. Not the most portable in the world I'm thinking

AGREED xD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

It's so ugly lol I do like that keyboard though. U could build a desktop for 800$ that would perform the same if not better...

I don't think a 800$ desktop can outperform a 3500$ laptop :P

Eh.

I dislike gaming laptops as a whole. Mobility and gaming don't really mix well.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2