OEM 6800k from ebay not new? Ripoff?

Go to solution Solved by Wiebev1,
13 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Get in contact with Ebay. Tell them that you didn't receive an OEM CPU as the seller mentioned, the CPU cover is dirty, and that you have not used it yet. The serial number, which I think the seller is speaking of, is the batch number. The serial must be found using a program.

Hello ArikozuM, and everyone else!

Thanks for helping, well trying.

Today ebay closed the case with these words. 

" closing the case on your seller's favor "

So thats it the seller has did, i failt.

Well 400 dollar can go fast if you buy stuff online.

Thanks everyone, thanks.

5 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

You shouldn't have even gotten a cardboard package with the manual and sticker.

The serial on the cover doesn't have any numbers denoting OEM or not, last I checked. They would require you to check the serial number through the PC by using command prompt to find the unique identifier.

Thats realy weird, realy shady... 

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

getting a refund isn't an issue, ebay is very good about buyer protection

I hope so, He is saying im faking stuff tho, and he is saying im trying to refund a broken CPU from my self and stuff. 

So yeah...

On 12/2/2016 at 2:09 PM, PotatoDay14 said:

The seller replied with:

"After checking the photos again , the CPU serial number doesn't match . The CPU on photos is not our product. We cannot accept the return. "

My only chance is ebay now, lets hope they work with me!

Maybe you know what to do but, now he report me for this: 

" The buyer is abusing the Buyer Protection Policy by trying to get a refund on his broken or used product. The serial number doesn't match the one that we have on file with this shipment. We have shipped the brand new sealed processor that never was opened / used / or tested.

Will ebay still help me now?

Serial numbers don't match? What serial numbers don't match? So they are using their file photo, from their product page to match up the serial number? That serial number is covered and you can't even see it. OEMs will have a different serial number, and for them to base that with retail ones, of course it won't match. OEM don't come with any type of packaging, such as the ones in your pictures. All of those even the cpu holder and cardboard box are from retail. OEM comes in tray box forms. The only way they can send you a OEM cpu in that type of package, is by opening up a retail package or getting a bunch of those clam shells and pack it themselves.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-pcs-CLAM-SHELL-LGA2011-3-LGA2011-V3-CPU-PROTECTIVE-CASE-ORIGINAL-ONE-/252512605779?hash=item3acaec9653:g:aVkAAOSw9r1V9LQp

We have shipped the brand new sealed processor that never was opened / used / or tested.

OEM cpus does not come in any type of sealed package, only retail ones does.

These are OEM cpus in a oem tray

Intel-Haswell-EP-Xeon-E5-2600-V3-Process

On 12/2/2016 at 2:33 PM, PotatoDay14 said:

Do you mean this number? 

Screenshot_19.jpg

The 25263... is probably their internal item number and does not represent the actual cpu number itself, so if they used that to match it up, then all of the CPUs they sold "will not" be from them.  What is the rest of that number?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

5 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Serial numbers don't match? What serial numbers don't match? So they are using their file photo, from their product page to match up the serial number? That serial number is covered and you can't even see it. OEMs will have a different serial number, and for them to base that with retail ones, of course it won't match. OEM don't come with any type of packaging, such as the ones in your pictures. All of those even the cpu holder and cardboard box are from retail. OEM comes in tray box forms. The only way they can send you a OEM cpu in that type of package, is by opening up a retail package or getting a bunch of those clam shells and pack it themselves.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-pcs-CLAM-SHELL-LGA2011-3-LGA2011-V3-CPU-PROTECTIVE-CASE-ORIGINAL-ONE-/252512605779?hash=item3acaec9653:g:aVkAAOSw9r1V9LQp

OEM cpus does not come in any type of sealed package, only retail ones does.

These are OEM cpus in a oem tray

Intel-Haswell-EP-Xeon-E5-2600-V3-Process

The 25263... is probably their internal item number and does not represent the actual cpu number itself, so if they used that to match it up, then all of the CPUs they sold "will not" be from them.  What is the rest of that number?

Thanks, the oem thing is realy weird then, the cpu also doest look like a OEM version.  

Now i can use the oem thing against him. ;)

This the fill number:  252638790083 

It has no letters so im pretty sure it has nothing to do with the cpu.

Today not allot happend.

I send him a message with saying ofc its not and saying its not oem.
Tomorrow ebay is able to help me, lets see

Thanks guys!

Hello everyone!

Now i should be able to ask ebay to step in and help, but there is no button?

Where is it?

The sellers doest reply anymore.

Thanks

Ok there is a big problem once again.

Today he replied after 4 days. 

"

The buyer trying to return his own used product (maybe defective due to overlocking of CPU i don t know) We only sell brand new equipment directly from manufacturer Plus on the photo the serial number of cpu doesn t match our. Buyer to didn t know that they have serial numbers ? "

What now? he is gona keep pushing its my cpu not his.

He also says, i returned somthing (i didnt): "The buyer returned the wrong item "

4 hours ago, PotatoDay14 said:

"

The buyer trying to return his own used product (maybe defective due to overlocking of CPU i don t know) We only sell brand new equipment directly from manufacturer Plus on the photo the serial number of cpu doesn t match our. Buyer to didn t know that they have serial numbers ? "

He also says, i returned somthing (i didnt): "The buyer returned the wrong item "

If you haven't returned it then you cant return a wrong item which is a lie.

CPU: I7 5820K@4.0Ghz | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Ram: 4 x 4Gb G.Skill Tridentz@3200Mhz | GPU: XFX 390x | Cooling: Corsair H115i | PSU: Corsair RMX 850x | Storage: Samsung 250Gb 850 EVO + 2tb Seagate HDD | Case: Inwin 805 | Keyboard: Tesoro Gram Spectrum | Mouse: Tesoro Gram H3L | Mousepad: Corsair MM800 RGB  | OS: Windows 10

2 minutes ago, Hal_9000 said:

If you haven't returned it then you cant return a wrong item which is a lie.

Yeah, i dont now what he is trying right now.

He is kinda hopeless

1 minute ago, PotatoDay14 said:

Yeah, i dont now what he is trying right now.

He is kinda hopeless

Ebay will hopefully side with you. It sounds like this is a complete scam.

CPU: I7 5820K@4.0Ghz | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Ram: 4 x 4Gb G.Skill Tridentz@3200Mhz | GPU: XFX 390x | Cooling: Corsair H115i | PSU: Corsair RMX 850x | Storage: Samsung 250Gb 850 EVO + 2tb Seagate HDD | Case: Inwin 805 | Keyboard: Tesoro Gram Spectrum | Mouse: Tesoro Gram H3L | Mousepad: Corsair MM800 RGB  | OS: Windows 10

1 minute ago, Hal_9000 said:

Ebay will hopefully side with you. It sounds like this is a complete scam.

Yeah, ofc i didnt test the CPU or somthing like that.

But i think there is a good change its dead.

4 hours ago, PotatoDay14 said:

"

Get in contact with Ebay. Tell them that you didn't receive an OEM CPU as the seller mentioned, the CPU cover is dirty, and that you have not used it yet. The serial number, which I think the seller is speaking of, is the batch number. The serial must be found using a program.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

So with what program can i find it? 

Im gona send a e-mail to them with some more information and what you are saying.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Thanks everyone, thanks.

5 minutes ago, PotatoDay14 said:

snip

Does the CPU work at least?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Does the CPU work at least?

I dont have tried that, gona do that this weekend

Thanks

9 minutes ago, PotatoDay14 said:

Thanks everyone, thanks.

What did you say to them? I'd open another ticket. And if that still doesn't work out, then I'd contact paypal/your cc company. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

What did you say to them? I'd open another ticket. And if that failed, then I'd contact paypal/your cc company. 

Well the last thing i sended to them was the full story only had 1000 words to use tho.

Yeah im probely gona call them today, and if that stuff fails, im gona try paypal.

11 hours ago, PotatoDay14 said:

Well the last thing i sended to them was the full story only had 1000 words to use tho.

Yeah im probely gona call them today, and if that stuff fails, im gona try paypal.

test it atleast

So true it hurts

Just now, SirFlamenco said:

test it atleast

Yep thats what im gona do tomorrow.

If my pc doesn't post, im done.

21 minutes ago, PotatoDay14 said:

Yep thats what im gona do tomorrow.

If my pc doesn't post, im done.

Why not today

So true it hurts

1 minute ago, SirFlamenco said:

Why not today

Its 6:30 PM in Belgium, and i have a raid-0 and i still haev to backup so yeah :D

16 hours ago, PotatoDay14 said:

Thanks everyone, thanks.

You're in the US, right? Dispute the charge with PayPal. Provide them all the evidence in this thread. Call eBay (not email, call) and tell the rep everything that's been told to you here regarding the packaging, the "serial" number and the condition of the unopened CPU. Do not put this CPU in your computer.

When eBay finds in the seller's favor, it's usually because the seller filed the dispute first and had some kind of justification, in this case, the "serial number checked against his records". If you explain to the eBay rep that that's impossible, the seller looks clueless.

Disputing with PayPal is a big next step, and again, tell them exactly what you've learned here and what you already knew. Leave out the part about eBay finding against you.

If the seller was in the US, I'd tell you to get some lulz by sending a legal threat on fake attorney letterhead. I've done it. Once. It worked. xD

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

6 hours ago, aisle9 said:

You're in the US, right? Dispute the charge with PayPal. Provide them all the evidence in this thread. Call eBay (not email, call) and tell the rep everything that's been told to you here regarding the packaging, the "serial" number and the condition of the unopened CPU. Do not put this CPU in your computer.

When eBay finds in the seller's favor, it's usually because the seller filed the dispute first and had some kind of justification, in this case, the "serial number checked against his records". If you explain to the eBay rep that that's impossible, the seller looks clueless.

Disputing with PayPal is a big next step, and again, tell them exactly what you've learned here and what you already knew. Leave out the part about eBay finding against you.

If the seller was in the US, I'd tell you to get some lulz by sending a legal threat on fake attorney letterhead. I've done it. Once. It worked. xD

Well, im from Belgium, and hes from Latvia

Yesterday i called for 45 mins to ebay(Canada) so thats gona be expensive.

After telling everything, they asking us stuff, answering.

They seth "The case is closed, the seller is clearly right here. You are trying to send your broken CPU"

Best thing of all, he didnt need to show proof.

And i used Visa on ebay it seth it still goes true ebay tho.

So can i try Paypal?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, PotatoDay14 said:

Well, im from Belgium, and hes from Latvia

Yesterday i called for 45 mins to ebay(Canada) so thats gona be expensive.

After telling everything, they asking us stuff, answering.

They seth "The case is closed, the seller is clearly right here. You are trying to send your broken CPU"

Best thing of all, he didnt need to show proof.

And i used Visa on ebay it seth it still goes true ebay tho.

So can i try Paypal?

Thanks!

If you paid with Visa, dispute the charge with Visa. Hell, if Paypal pulled from your Visa to pay eBay, then dispute it with PayPal as well. Basically, you want to throw as many hurdles to eBay keeping your money out there as possible. If the phone is prohibitively expensive, then do it all via email, but keep hammering away until you're out of places to challenge the payment for.

Also remember to leave nuclear feedback for the seller. Whatever you write will be challenged and removed by eBay, so you might as well let people know that he sold your a clearly mislabeled product not as described while you can.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.