The return of Hall Effect Switches

5 hours ago, Prysin said:

post formatting is wrong. please fix.

I tested out in both day and night theme and it can be read just fine. But I still changed the text to automatic. Is it fixed now?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

9 hours ago, SurvivorNVL said:

As a keyboard aficionado - Hall Effect switches are the Holy Grail, especially given they are working on modernizing the Hall-Effect clicky, linear clicky, and tactile switches for the next run in later April.  This is currently the keyboard renaissance all over again, given ALPS are making a return through i-Rocks, using Cherry compatible ALPS-designs, albeit nobody will ever likely remake ALPS SKCM Greens or Yellows, or the glory that was Complicated Blues, but the fact someone is doing Hall Effect is great.  Hall Effect > Alps > Topre > Buckling Springs > Gateron > Cherry MX.  It's still the greatest shame that Cherry was the one that won in the end.  ALPS simplified and especially the complicated series were, and are still to this day - leagues upon leagues better than cherry by design alone, and then on feel.

i-rocks feel nothing like alps

I remember Dreamcast joypads had hall effect sensors for the L and R.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

6 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

I tested out in both day and night theme and it can be read just fine. But I still changed the text to automatic. Is it fixed now?

i meant formatting for news posts. no idea what is YOUR opinion and what is quoted from the article

22 minutes ago, Prysin said:

i meant formatting for news posts. no idea what is YOUR opinion and what is quoted from the article

I basically summarized the article. And have no opinion on it. Not everything needs to have a opinion.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

6 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

I basically summarized the article. And have no opinion on it. Not everything needs to have a opinion.

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.

please do follow the posting rules

12 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

i-rocks feel nothing like alps

Very true.  They're at least, trying.  MATIAS doesn't even try.

@Technicolors I have tried probably 50 keyboards, and I currently own 30, and have gradually been getting rid of every Cherry board I've ever owned, except for my MX Clears and lubed MX Greens.  Stock clears are -okay-, and lubed greens with the click killed are a very unique, heavy feeling switch.  I also like Whites, but they're not worth a straight purchase for when I can just get stickered and lubed 62g Korean Blues.

Topre still has a soft spot in my heart, given it's sort of tactile and a linear at the same time.  I'm currently using a Novatouch right now, which will soon be outfitted with 55g domes and hypersphere rings, so that way it's quiter, more tactile, and I can make use of these SA keycaps even more to their potential. 

5 hours ago, SurvivorNVL said:

@Technicolors I have tried probably 50 keyboards, and I currently own 30, and have gradually been getting rid of every Cherry board I've ever owned, except for my MX Clears and lubed MX Greens.  Stock clears are -okay-, and lubed greens with the click killed are a very unique, heavy feeling switch.  I also like Whites, but they're not worth a straight purchase for when I can just get stickered and lubed 62g Korean Blues.

Topre still has a soft spot in my heart, given it's sort of tactile and a linear at the same time.  I'm currently using a Novatouch right now, which will soon be outfitted with 55g domes and hypersphere rings, so that way it's quiter, more tactile, and I can make use of these SA keycaps even more to their potential. 

What do you mean, Matis doesn't even try? Matias is literally a 100% accurate simplified alps clone.

By far this will be the smoothest keyboard switch in the market and selling at half the price of those HHKB and RealForce boards.

On 11/30/2016 at 0:26 PM, zMeul said:

this should be immediately implemented in mice - it would get rid of the double clicking as the leaf spring loses tension over time

You have no idea how much I hate mice for that reason.
I mean I have a keyboard from 1988 and it works 100% fine. Never gives me any trouble. - But a mouse thats ~1 year old? No matter what always seems to have issues, and its been like that for years. You'd swear we were still using the same switches as we were back in the 90s.

4 minutes ago, Sypran said:

You'd swear we were still using the same switches as we were back in the 90s

a microswitch that was built back then, I would bet you it would withstand far more abuse than one built in the last decade

On 30/11/2016 at 6:25 PM, Doobeedoo said:

-snip-

Holy crap, your telling me those switches can take you onto outer space itself o-O?

Groomlake Authority

Do you get a lot of tactile feedback? If not then fuck this shit.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I would buy this in an instant for both mice and keyboard. I hate clicking too much on my mouse for rts games and I hate how heavy my keyboard keys are when I play mmo's.

On 12/2/2016 at 1:12 AM, SurvivorNVL said:

I don't think I'll ever be able to part with my MX Greys, or go to anything lighter :(

10 minutes ago, divito said:

I don't think I'll ever be able to part with my MX Greys, or go to anything lighter :(

Early-production Gateron Super Yellows.  120g actuate.  Bottom out was around 140g.  Now the switches are 50/55g.  MX Blacks are 60/75g.  Gateron blacks are 60/65g.  Gaterons are so damn smooth, though I know they're now in Korea using and releasing Gateron Tactile Clears in 67g springs.

I'll keep my zealios =/ 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit