GTX 780 Ti price revealed (stock configuration)

LifesCompanion

Link: http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/61677-nvidia-takes-axe-geforce-gtx-780-gtx-770-pricing/

TL; DR; 

GTX 780 has had its price reduced from $649 to $499*

GTX 770 has had its priced reduced from $399 to $329*

GTX 780 Ti is going to be priced at $699 for stock GPUs 

My take on this: 

With the 780 being placed at a lower price when compared to the 290X (its direct competitor), it seems like a really good deal.

If the 780 Ti does beat the 290X in benchmarks (not synthetic, actual games) at release, AMD is going to be in some serious trouble. If I'm not mistaken, non reference 290X's are to be released December and the 780 Ti is being released  7th November... hmmmm your move AMD hint: price drops, make them happen! 

Yes, I did edit the "My take on this" part 

*this part is also mentioned in TBoti's article: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/69849-nvidia-cutting-prices-of-gtx-780-and-770/ 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Nice. Still going for a 280X or 7970 tho.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Nice can't wait to see Slick benchmark that puppy.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

I want to see performace becasue if it is like Titian then it wouldn't matter. I say this becasue Titan is only a few FPS, in most games, faster than GTX 780. I guess my build will a 780 instead of a R9 290X.

Quote me to get a reply!

280x is still better value for money

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Link: http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/61677-nvidia-takes-axe-geforce-gtx-780-gtx-770-pricing/

TL; DR; 

GTX 780 has had its price reduced from $649 to $499 

GTX 770 has had its priced reduced from $399 to $329 

My take on this: 

Nvidia has fired shots at AMD, and hurray for 780 Ti price reveals! 

$700. For a top tier GPU. That doesn't even have workstation capabilities.

Glad I went AMD. $585 was still quite a bit, but still. That is absurd.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I am sticking with my GTX 780.

absurd? You can get a NVIDIA card (780) which is cheaper and when oced pretty much as fast as the R9 290x ?!

(Wasn't that always the argument with AMD? That when those cards are oced they beat the NVIDA counterparts?)

The 780Ti will be faster than the Titan and cheaper.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

GPUs like the 290X, 780, etc. aren't meant to be used as "workstation" cards, they can be used as rendering cards but are not designed to be used as dedicated workstation cards. 

Curious, why would you need such intense compute power for generic gaming? 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

770 :0 though them moneys

I've been waiting to see what Nvidia would counter with before pulling the trigger and ordering all my parts for a new build. If $499 for a 780 is accurate, then it's without question the better value when compared to the 290x.

I've been waiting to see what Nvidia would counter with before pulling the trigger and ordering all my parts for a new build. If $499 for a 780 is accurate, then it's without question the better value when compared to the 290x.

Keep in mind that stores will raise the prices from $499 since that's a MSRP and you'll have to factor in things like the ASUS, MSI, etc. premium that tends to be put on; I'd say something around $550 to $600 with aftermarket coolers but the current pricing of the 290X is bordering around $550 at MSRP so it's still a tough choice. If I were you, I'd wait till "official" bench marks of the 780 Ti are released so you can compare the 290X and the 780 Ti (which is what I plan doing as I plan on building a PC soon but am yet to decide the GPU) 

tumblr_lsrzzpxQEP1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Give+me+a+baby+bear+now+Now++_3f776126de

absurd? You can get a NVIDIA card (780) which is cheaper and when oced pretty much as fast as the R9 290x ?!

(Wasn't that always the argument with AMD? That when those cards are oced they beat the NVIDA counterparts?)

I'm not saying AMD>Nvidia. I'm saying that top tier GPU's are becoming absurdly priced in general. Period. 

Compare Price-performance over the years. It's starting to go exponential rather than linear. Meaning you pay an absurd amount more for the next tier which has the same performance difference (10-20FPS) as when comparing two lower adjacent tiers. 

Such as GTX 770 VS GTX 780, where the difference is like comparing a 760 to a 770, but the price difference is most certainly not the same. It is stupid. 

Nvidia is just more guilty of it than AMD because they started this crap with the Titan (though it does have workstation capabilities, which is the only legitimate reason for it's price), but more specifically the 780.

Look how linear the launch prices were for the 7XXX series. That is how it should be. AMD has mostly kept with that even through to the 2XX series. Nvidia's 780 retailing at $650 is absurd. The Titan at $1,000 is absurd even if it has some actually legitimate reason for it (workstation capabilities). 

GPUs like the 290X, 780, etc. aren't meant to be used as "workstation" cards, they can be used as rendering cards but are not designed to be used as dedicated workstation cards. 

Curious, why would you need such intense compute power for generic gaming?

I know that. My point is that they are not workstation cards and yet cost a lot (at least the 780 does). I don't need that feature, but it costing that much and not having it is just stupid. That's my point. Prices are going up for no perceivable reason other than "Because you (consumers) are willing to pay those prices." which is a terrible one.

Ooohh, cheaper than $1,000. Color me impressed. /sarcasm

I'm sorry. I just find the pricing terrible. :|

AMD's pricing is pretty much as it always has been, and they are still going to be giving away games with the cards (when the new Never Settle arrives). Helk, I got BF4 with a gold premium battlepack for $30 because I bought a 290X. That is pretty awesome. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Keep in mind that stores will raise the prices from $499 since that's a MSRP and you'll have to factor in things like the ASUS, MSI, etc. premium that tends to be put on; I'd say something around $550 to $600 with aftermarket coolers but the current pricing of the 290X is bordering around $550 at MSRP so it's still a tough choice. If I were you, I'd wait till "official" bench marks of the 780 Ti are released so you can compare the 290X and the 780 Ti (which is what I plan doing as I plan on building a PC soon but am yet to decide the GPU) 

In europe the GTX780 with aftermarket cooler is around 70€ cheaper then a stock R9-290X.

You can get a Asus GTX780DCUII OC for 480€ while the r9-290X is 550€ with Stock cooler.

And not to mention that Shadowplay just came out today wich is a huge deal for everybody that wants to make Videos.

RTX2070OC 

In europe the GTX780 with aftermarket cooler is around 70€ cheaper then a stock R9-290X.

You can get a Asus GTX780DCUII OC for 480€ while the r9-290X is 550€ with Stock cooler.

And not to mention that Shadowplay just came out today wich is a huge deal for everybody that wants to make Videos.

are-you-serious-face-inception-iN8cXc.jp

Why is everything so much cheaper outside of Australia...

TL; DR; 

GTX 780 has had its price reduced from $649 to $499*

GTX 770 has had its priced reduced from $399 to $329*

My take on this: 

With the 780 being placed at a lower price when compared to the 290X (its direct competitor), it seems like a really good deal.

If the 780 Ti does beat the 290X in benchmarks (not synthetic, actual games) at release, AMD is going to be in some serious trouble. If I'm not mistaken, non reference 290X's are to be released December and the 780 Ti is being released  7th November... hmmmm your move AMD hint: price drops, make them happen! 

Yes, I did edit the "My take on this" part 

*this part is also mentioned in TBoti's article: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/69849-nvidia-cutting-prices-of-gtx-780-and-770/ 

Do u know european pricing?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Do u know european pricing?

Unfortunately no but I think that the European pricing would follow a similar price drop. 

I'm not saying AMD>Nvidia. I'm saying that top tier GPU's are becoming absurdly priced in general. Period. 

Compare Price-performance over the years. It's starting to go exponential rather than linear. Meaning you pay an absurd amount more for the next tier which has the same performance difference (10-20FPS) as when comparing two lower adjacent tiers. 

I'm sorry. I just find the pricing terrible. :|

^^^ I think it's great that there is competition but like Vitalius pointed out, flagships are getting pretty ridiculously priced. All previous generations [600 and before, 7000 and before] had flagships retailing at $500. With the 780 it was jacked up to $650, and now the 780Ti at $700. Even from AMD the 290X is at $550 contrary to $500, before long we'd see $800 flagships and that is complete crap for consumers imo.

Having great performance is good but the premium for it is starting to grow pretty exponentially, the 280x/7970 performs what, 15-20% less than a 780/290X and it's priced 50% of both?