GTX 780 Ti price revealed (stock configuration)

LifesCompanion

Why couldn't they have released it on my birthday (which is the 4th). :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

780 $50 cheaper than R9, wow. That some pretty competitive pricing. I'm still deciding between a 780 or a 290x. May go Nvidia because of Shadowplay and stuff, but I really the the free games the AMD part comes with.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

My Gigabyte R9 280X should be more than enough for me :)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

780 $50 cheaper than R9, wow. That some pretty competitive pricing. I'm still deciding between a 780 or a 290x. May go Nvidia because of Shadowplay and stuff, but I really the the free games the AMD part comes with.

Nvidia's offering free games as well, you know.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/announcing-the-geforce-gtx-holiday-bundle-featuring-heroes-pirates-and-spies

Completely forgot. Will probably sell the codes for AC and splinter cell, not really interested in those.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Almost the exact same in € 

cant be it cant cost so much?

around 549 euros mabye

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

£399 for a Windforce 780 from scan :-) yes please! 

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

gtx 780 price dropped to $500? Hmmmm

gtx 780ti $700? I aint paying $200 just to get 10fps more in a game -_________-

r9 290x $550 and NO AFTERMARKET CARDS TILL DECEMBER AND CURRENTLY OUT OF STUCK!!

yeah everyone is going for gtx 780 that can beat a titan

amd you better drop off your 290x price for 500 to really kick nvidia HARD but then again thats like not gonna happen but hey we can hope and dream :)

Nvidia - The Way It Meant To Be Played Since The Beginning Of TIME

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

The 780Ti will be faster than the Titan and cheaper.

What are you talking about?! Why on earth would any company release a superior product to their own flagship for less than the cost of it. Performance wise it is in between the two there is no way it can't be. Nvidia may be a little bit greedy but they are not stupid.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

What are you talking about?! Why on earth would any company on earth release a superior product to their own flagship for less than the cost of it. Performance wise it is in between the two there is no way it can't be. Nvidia may be a little bit greedy but they are not stupid.

The Titan is irrelevant at this point. The 780Ti would likely be an overclocked Titan/more-unlocked GK110 Titan and it will be the new flagship.

As Linus said the cards will be priced where they can perform so Nvidia is charging $700 because they can and we can assume that the 780Ti will outperform a 290x. They have long realised that you can't price the 780Ti at $1000 and idiots will buy it  just for 'that 5% more performance'.

What are you talking about?! Why on earth would any company on earth release a superior product to their own flagship for less than the cost of it. Performance wise it is in between the two there is no way it can't be. Nvidia may be a little bit greedy but they are not stupid.

You do realize that the reason the Titan is $1,000 is because it has workstation capabilities, right? That's the only reason it is that expensive.

Nvidia's flagship is the 780 (and now the 780 Ti). The Titan is an exception. It is unique. You can't directly compare them because the Titan has a different feature that makes it's use case very different.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You do realize that the reason the Titan is $1,000 is because it has workstation capabilities, right? That's the only reason it is that expensive.

Nvidia's flagship is the 780 (and now the 780 Ti). The Titan is an exception. It is unique. You can't directly compare them because the Titan has a different feature that makes it's use case very different.

But Titan is marketed toward gamers. "With the DNA of the world’s fastest supercomputer and the soul of NVIDIA Kepler architecture, GeForce® GTX TITAN GPU is a revolution in PC gaming performance." - Nvidia website

Yes it is a very capable workstation card but they are presenting it as a gaming card. I know well that there is practically no reason to buy for gaming alone over the 780 but they market it alongside the 780 anyway so I would consider the Titan as their flagship in their gaming cards.. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

The prices have already come down in the UK, with the cheapest reference card at www.scan.co.uk being £409 compared to the £500 that it was before. We are also apparently seeing an R9 290X from Gigabyte costing £428 compared to an Asus R9 290X which costs £485!

Wow, hard to see any of this as anything other than good news all around. With the GTX 780 price drop, and Nvidia holiday game bundle, theres is a legitimate competitive choice to make, either way. Then when you consider GTX 780ti to hit in just over a week, followed by the R290, AND after market coolers for the R290x now supposedly coming by end of November, plus further announcements from AMD re Mantle in November, folks like Linus, Tom Logan, and the rest out there will be very busy, and most gamers will have a ton of info to mull over... how nice to actually have real choice in deciding higher end GPUs! Congrats on AMD for getting back in the game, and to Nvidia for making it a game!

Norwegian price drops has pretty much every aftermarket cooled 780 now at the same or lower price as the R9 290x with stock cooler. 780Ti is only going to be about 8% more expensive than a stock 290x with better performance, shadowplay and g-sync capabilities, I really have to hand this one to Nvidia.

Maybe the R9 290 can beat the price and performance of the 780 though. That might shake things up a notch.

I'm still waiting for whichever dual-gpu card comes first, or for the GTX 8XX series, as my main game for the coming years is Star Citizen.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

So  a 20$ gap inbetween the 650ti , with boost, and 660 is fine but a 200$ gap between 780 and Ti is also ok?

The GTX 780 Lightning is currently $750 in the US... They better drop the damn price. 

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Why is everyone saying 1000 dollar GPUs are something special? Flagship cards have always been very, very expensive. Hell even the 5000 series had ~1000 dollar cards (5970 TOXIC was over 1000 dollars, and the regular model was something like 600 dollars). How about the 4000 series then? The flagship there was 550 dollars, same as the current AMD flagship, the 290X at 550 dollars. The previous generation's flagships then? 590 was 700 dollars and the 6990 was 700 dollars.
The only thing different now is that the flagship cards are single GPU instead of multi-GPU, but the prices are pretty similar still.

What I found more interesting than the price was the memory according to HardwarePal (haven't heard of them before):

The only words from Nvidia was that the card would be released next month and is the best solution for both 4K and 4K surround gaming, no details on specification were given out. But according to us, the GTX 780 Ti may have 2880 Cuda cores while having a 384-bit memory interface and up to 12GB GDDR5 memory. As usual, the card would need a 6+8 pin power connector just like the 780 and Titan. It would also feature a Dual-Link DVI, HDMI and display ports.

I had to read that sentence twice because I thought I misread it first.
"up to 12GB GDDR5 memory"

I doubt that's true. It's just too overkill.

Anyway I suggest everyone that wants a new GPU to wait until everything has been announced, released and stabilized. I wouldn't be surprised if AMD is forced to lower the price on the 290X now that the 780 is the same or lower priced than it.

You do realize that the reason the Titan is $1,000 is because it has workstation capabilities, right? That's the only reason it is that expensive.

the main reason titan was priced so high is because it was so much faster than 680. Its was a lot less of a value when 780 launched. But they still kept the price premium because people were buying it. Yeah it has a lot of advantages and such but it was initially priced as such because it performed 30% better than 680. Yeah it wasn't worth it in price but that's how top teir cards are from both sides.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

are-you-serious-face-inception-iN8cXc.jp

Why is everything so much cheaper outside of Australia...

people paid 699 for the bf4 r9 290x,the same price as a 780 on pccasegear.com The 780 runs cooler and over clocks better (without needing a massive watercooling loop)

I was waiting for the 290x, but now im going to get a 780 or 780ti. My system only has room for 4x120. And that's after heavy moding.

And I want to run 2 cards

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I'm excited about the price drop on 780s :) time to sell my 2 660 tis and buy 2 780s :)

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Well this changed the game a bit.

Personally, if you're gaming on resolutions under 4k, then get a 780, but if you're gaming at 4k or close to it then the 290X would be your best bet(after market coolers come out of course).

Those are some nice prices, but instead of upgrading to a whole new graphics card, I'm just gonna buy a 2nd 7950. Will be cheaper AND I'll be getting a significant performance boost. 

COMIC SANS