So what have you bought so far?

So far for black Friday I have bought-

NZXT Hue RGB Lightning Kit

Logitech G502 Spectrum RGB

1 Corsair RGB Fan

Corsair Polaris RGB

and lastly

Sony MDRX950 (Didn't buy but got gifted but still)

I was going to get a Samsung 850 Evo but i gotta ask for a early pay check coz i already spent all my money 

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Honestly, nothing at all.  I had high hopes but I'm just not hugely inspired this year.  That said, I bought a 65" 4K TV three weeks ago and I have to go back in and get the cheaper Black Friday discount pricing refunded to me, so does that make it a Black Friday purchase?

I just bought a new CPU, Motherboard, Ram, and Network card for my NAS build. Also bought a second fire stick as well

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

42 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Honestly, nothing at all.  I had high hopes but I'm just not hugely inspired this year.  That said, I bought a 65" 4K TV three weeks ago and I have to go back in and get the cheaper Black Friday discount pricing refunded to me, so does that make it a Black Friday purchase?

Where do you have room for such a large tv?  

What brand is it?  

I really want to either get a 4K tv or monitor sometime in the next 6 months if I can manage it.

38 minutes ago, Psybadek said:

I just bought a new CPU, Motherboard, Ram, and Network card for my NAS build. Also bought a second fire stick as well

Does anywhere have decent deals on PC components?  

I haven't bought any computer parts for me or my kid. No new TV. I'm still happy with my 2012 Samsung 1080p tv.  But I got several Wii U games, a Steam game, Pokémon Moon, some wall art. Other things. I've stayed away from the Steam sale for the most part. I didn't really look at it. I didn't want to be tempted because I want to continue playing the Wii U games I already have. There wasn't really much in retail that I/we wanted either. For a while I wanted one of those $99 New 3DS's even though we both have our own New XL's. I suppose I wanted to collect it. But then I realized they're going to be hard to get because of scalpers, so I gave up caring. Weeee I'm boring. 

Attempt #1010310 to buy 1060 6Gb for 299.99 cad still no result so far

I've bought nothing so far, waiting for my paycheck to come in so I can get a Lenovo Yoga 710 from BestBuy.. Hopefully the price on it drops a bit for black friday, I'd love to pay a bit less than the current $850 for it .-.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I just ordered a Wera Kraftform Kompakt 25 (hopefully it'll be good enough for EDC), and tomorrow I plan to order a Valk 3, QiYi WuHua, Galaxy Megaminx, some Maru and Lubicle Silk, and a set of G-series springs for my Gans Air.

All of the computer stuff I want to get is not out yet and I couldn't afford it right now anyway, so yes, I am getting a screwdriver and a load of cubes.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Samsung UN65KU6290FXZC.  It's er, as wide as a 4x2 Ikea Kallax wide, as you can see?

14956378_10211148145562667_7563649748612432393_n.jpg

It looks really nice.  

Btw: not to sound weird but between what would appear to be a Star Trek: First Contact poster on the wall and a Mega Man figure below the lower right corner you must be someone with good taste in games and science fiction shows.  Even more so if you also like The Big Bang Theory.  ?

I need to find friends like you.  ?

(I only have 2 atm which is not enough..)

Sorry.  I really hope I'm not sounding like a crazy person.  

Btw: I'm rewatching Star Trek: The Next Generation on Netflix currently.  I wish I had it on Blu-Ray but I don't yet.   

1 hour ago, TheBestUserName said:

I haven't bought any computer parts for me or my kid. No new TV. I'm still happy with my 2012 Samsung 1080p tv.  But I got several Wii U games, a Steam game, Pokémon Moon, some wall art. Other things. I've stayed away from the Steam sale for the most part. I didn't really look at it. I didn't want to be tempted because I want to continue playing the Wii U games I already have. There wasn't really much in retail that I/we wanted either. For a while I wanted one of those $99 New 3DS's even though we both have our own New XL's. I suppose I wanted to collect it. But then I realized they're going to be hard to get because of scalpers, so I gave up caring. Weeee I'm boring. 

Is the $100 price the regular price or a Black Friday thing?

1 hour ago, Dash Lambda said:

I just ordered a Wera Kraftform Kompakt 25 (hopefully it'll be good enough for EDC), and tomorrow I plan to order a Valk 3, QiYi Wuhua, Galaxy Megaminx, some Maru and Lubicle Silk, and a set of G-series springs for my Gans Air.

All of the computer stuff I want to get is not out yet and I couldn't afford it right now anyway, so yes, I am getting a screwdriver and a load of cubes.

What's EDC?  Or any of what you mention in the first part for that matter?

What do you mean by load of cubes?

Nothing atm, I did take PTO for cyber monday to not have to deal with customers personally and to stalk deals lol. Honestly, all my PC needs currently is more storage. Mostly hype for useful day to day stuff like new shoes at a sweet discount.

17 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's EDC?  Or any of what you mention in the first part for that matter?

What do you mean by load of cubes?

Google is a powerful and fast tool, friend.

EDC stands for "Every Day Carry." So, basically, the stuff you carry around with you all the times, like your phone, wallet, and for some people (like me) a small host of tools.

All the other things are speedcubes and speedcube stuff, which are, as the name would imply, puzzle cubes to be solved quickly.

More specifically:

Valk 3: A 3x3 speedcube.

QiYi WuHua: A 6x6 speedcube.

Galaxy Megaminx: A 12-sided speedcube (shut up, it's a cube).

Maru and Lubicle Silk: Two types of lubricant.

G-series springs: Lighter springs for another 3x3 speed cube called the Gans 356 Air.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Google is a powerful and fast tool, friend.

EDC stands for "Every Day Carry." So, basically, the stuff you carry around with you all the time, like your phone, wallet, and for some people (like me) a small host of tools.

All the other things are speedcubes and speedcube stuff, which are, as the name would imply, puzzle cubes to be solved quickly.

More specifically:

Valk 3: A 3x3 speedcube.

QiYi WuHua: A 6x6 speedcube.

Galaxy Megaminx: A 12-sided speedcube (shut up, it's a cube).

Maru and Lubicle Silk: Two types of lubricant.

G-series springs: Lighter springs for another 3x3 speed cube called the Gans 356 Air.

A tool that I suck at often.  ?

Besides it's more interesting and fun to ask nice people like yourself a question than attempting to use google.  I'm trying to use this as a way to learn to overcome my social anxiety.  So please forgive my questions.  ? 

So you like puzzle cube things?  These are similar to rubix (I hope I spelled that right) cubes I assume?

I bought me a GTX1070 for €400.

Oh, yes that's cheap, I'm in Finland...

12 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Samsung UN65KU6290FXZC.  It's er, as wide as a 4x2 Ikea Kallax wide, as you can see?

14956378_10211148145562667_7563649748612432393_n.jpg

Rocking that kodi I see ?

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb

10 minutes ago, kjvnasa said:

Rocking that kodi I see ?

Win10 powered Kodi machine with the database on MySQL.  Today I'm getting an Arduino Nano, relay, IR sensor and some other stuff so I can build a thing that'll short the power pins on the Mobo and start it from S5 or hold for 4sec to force reboot it, all with an IR remote.

Got a G.Skill KM780R RGB MX Brown Keyboard, a Corsair H100i V2 AIO cooler, and some super cheap 2.5" hard drive enclosure (an Orico I think).

Contemplated getting a G502 Proteus Spectrum and a Sennheiser PC350 SE headset but I don't think I'll bother. Already have a G502 Proteus Core. Don't feel like spending $40 just for an RGB version of the same thing. The headset is nice, but I don't use a mic often enough. Plus, I bet my Philips SHP9500 headphones sound better.

a tuna sandwich and a doctor pepper and it was delicious i was debating whether or not to get it made fresh by the owner/operator and stay or grab a packaged one so i decided to grab the seran wrapped sammy because the traffic was bad

2 donuts (fresh of course)

1 liter of Mt Dew

and a 20z of orange juice.

Seriously.

19 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

14956378_10211148145562667_7563649748612432393_n.jpg.bee045439d22268d49b54f279ac37add.jpg

Very nice Poster !! :D 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

A 4K TV

I got The Last of Us for PS4 from Gamestop this morning for $10. I still haven't decided if I'm going to buy the PS4 Pro or the PS4 Slim though so I still got nothing to play it on. xD

2x 375g gingerbread cookie jars á $1.5 each

1x huge Toblerone á $6.9

1x 3-pack Redbull Kiwi á $1,9 

i also got a digital picture frame and an 8GB SD card but they wernt on sale :| 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016