[Dell US] 24" UltraSharp IPS Dual Monitors + Stand + Cables $153

Dealzon

A whole dual monitor setup only $153 after coupon at Dell Home today. Just one of the Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24-inch monitors alone on Amazon will cost you $200. Insane deal that probably won't last long.

dell-ultrasharp-u2412m-24-inch-8ms-ips-l

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

6 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

It's shit for gaming

Not everyone games.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

14 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Not everyone games.

If you DON'T game, well the 1080p is not very good

So true it hurts

Just now, SirFlamenco said:

Do you understand that those are two DELL IPS 24" 1080p monitors with a stand and cables for 150$? As mentioned, only one of them costs like 200$ on Amazon.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

We don't all game and we don't all have thousands of dollars that we can go and spend on fancy 4K monitors. This is a great deal for people who are looking for a cheap dual monitor setup.

38 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

It's shit for gaming

Why?

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Why?

monitor is pretty old and refresh rate is.. 8ms we think?

either way this isnt posted as a gaming related deal heh - its just a very good deal.

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

3 minutes ago, Dealzon said:

monitor is pretty old and refresh rate is.. 8ms we think?

either way this isnt posted as a gaming related deal heh - its just a very good deal.

That's not utterly terrible like the other guy was implying. Besides, not everyone is playing CS:GO competitively.

8 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

That's not utterly terrible like the other guy was implying. Besides, not everyone is playing CS:GO competitively.

1080p, 60hz, no g-sync or free-sync, 8ms.. It's just not good for gaming

So true it hurts

Just now, SirFlamenco said:

It's fine for gaming. It doesn't need bells and whistles to be enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

These are are not bells and whistles, some features are very important and this monitor is not able to support gaming in an enjoyable way. For editing, it may worth it because of the low price and the dual monitor but for gaming, it's not good.

So true it hurts

9 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

These are are not bells and whistles, some features are very important and this monitor is not able to support gaming in an enjoyable way. For editing, it may worth it because of the low price and the dual monitor but for gaming, it's not good.

1080p and 60hz is perfectly fine for gaming.

3 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

60 hz is bad for gaming, and 1080p is dying. Even worse, 8ms is probably gonna lead to ghosting.

So true it hurts

...I still game on my Dell U2414h, but then again I'm not some wannabe pro CS:GO player.  And besides, your not going to find two IPS Gaming monitors for under $200.  It's overall a really good deal.

4 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

Seriously. You have no idea what you are actually talking about when you talk about a 8ms response time as if it is an actual meaningful stat.

input_lag.jpg

9.4ms total Input lag is actually REALLY good and better than many if not most bargin TN panels (including the Samsung 120Hz TN panel that looks better from a ghosting perspective below).

60 Hz might not be ideal for FPS games, but it's quite great by comparison for many others (including a wide variety of games that just don't scale worth shit over that mark).

As for ghosting. It's actually pretty darn good there as well (for the price.)

dell_u2412m.jpg
24" 8ms G2G LG.Display e-IPS (W-LED)

benq_xl2410t_120_ama_on.jpg
23.6" 2ms G2G CMO TN Film (120Hz)

samsung_2233rz_120.jpg
22" 3ms G2G Samsung TN Film + 120Hz

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

11 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

It's shit for gaming

10 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

Great! It was never advertised to be good for gaming though, so I don't see the problem here.

UltraSharp Monitors are some of the best in the industry for professional editing and office work.

They were never designed for gaming, nor were they meant to have all the bells and whistles of G-Sync.

10 hours ago, Kloaked said:

10 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

10 hours ago, Kloaked said:

9 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

60 hz is bad for gaming, and 1080p is dying. Even worse, 8ms is probably gonna lead to ghosting.

Incorrect @SirFlamenco, 60Hz is just fine for gaming, and so is 1080p. It may not be fine in the land of 4K 144Hz gaming, but for us 1080p people it's great.

Not everyone can afford 4K 144Hz gaming, nor do some of us even want anything to do with it. The technology is here, but the content is far from accessible.

Full disclaimer: If you have the means to afford and operate 4K devices, then great; enjoy your 4K! All the power to you.

I'm not bashing 4K itself here; just merely pointing out that for many of us 1080p is still the affordable standard and works just fine.

Personally, I see no reason to have a 4K display under 32" in any condition, and I'd still only want 4K on a TV bigger than 47" or thereabouts.

For me, it's about DPI scaling and the exorbitant cost of hardware required for 4K output. In a few years that will change, but for now it's just not ready.

No software vendor knows how to scale a user interface in a way that allows 4K media to shine while keeping text and UI elements sharp and readable.

But even if you can afford the hardware and want to enjoy 4K content, it's not easily accessible, unless you live in a large US metropolitan area.

Fibre to the home needs to be implemented across a nation, and we all know ISP's will pass that cost on to the users through hefty subscriber fees.

Plus, the majority of cable TV content is still delivered in 720p or 1080i at most; most content isn't even 1080p yet because 1080i saves bandwidth.

When the hardware, availability, and delivery of 4K content becomes more easily accessible and affordable, I'll consider switching over then.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

my god im so tempted to snag one of these up. my little sister uses one of these monitors as her main screen after i got it 2 years ago for her. Pricey back then and now you are telling me you can get 2 for less than 200? 

CLICK

BUY

SWEET!!!

14 hours ago, kirashi said:

Great! It was never advertised to be good for gaming though, so I don't see the problem here.

UltraSharp Monitors are some of the best in the industry for professional editing and office work.

They were never designed for gaming, nor were they meant to have all the bells and whistles of G-Sync.

Incorrect @SirFlamenco, 60Hz is just fine for gaming, and so is 1080p. It may not be fine in the land of 4K 144Hz gaming, but for us 1080p people it's great.

Not everyone can afford 4K 144Hz gaming, nor do some of us even want anything to do with it. The technology is here, but the content is far from accessible.

Full disclaimer: If you have the means to afford and operate 4K devices, then great; enjoy your 4K! All the power to you.

I'm not bashing 4K itself here; just merely pointing out that for many of us 1080p is still the affordable standard and works just fine.

Personally, I see no reason to have a 4K display under 32" in any condition, and I'd still only want 4K on a TV bigger than 47" or thereabouts.

For me, it's about DPI scaling and the exorbitant cost of hardware required for 4K output. In a few years that will change, but for now it's just not ready.

No software vendor knows how to scale a user interface in a way that allows 4K media to shine while keeping text and UI elements sharp and readable.

But even if you can afford the hardware and want to enjoy 4K content, it's not easily accessible, unless you live in a large US metropolitan area.

Fibre to the home needs to be implemented across a nation, and we all know ISP's will pass that cost on to the users through hefty subscriber fees.

Plus, the majority of cable TV content is still delivered in 720p or 1080i at most; most content isn't even 1080p yet because 1080i saves bandwidth.

When the hardware, availability, and delivery of 4K content becomes more easily accessible and affordable, I'll consider switching over then.

If you go to 1080p, have atleast 144hz or it will hurt your eyes when it's combined with the lack of other gaming features 

So true it hurts

On 11/22/2016 at 11:05 AM, SirFlamenco said:

1080p,

On 11/22/2016 at 10:31 AM, Morgan MLGman said:

Do you understand that those are two DELL IPS 24" 1080p monitors with a stand and cables for 150$? As mentioned, only one of them costs like 200$ on Amazon.

Sorry to correct you both on this, but its not the U2412H its the U2414M.
Its 1920x1200, not 1080p :P. And these were some damn fine monitors back in the day. I remember wanting them so badly back in 2012, but they cost like $300 each.

I'd personally say only 2 things hold back these monitors:
1) No HDMI - Deal breaker to some, but honestly, what Mid tier and higher GPU hasn't had a Display Port connection in the past 4 years?
2) No Display Port daisy chaining. - That can be problematic to some since a lot of lower-mid tier of cards only have 1 DP connector... So you gonna have to pull out a DVI cable, or a HDMI to DVI cable.

After doing some research about it. It was confirmed that all the orders (or at least all that I've seen) have been cancelled. Reps said that it was supposed to be $769.99 instead of $169.99.

8 hours ago, gundamMC said:

After doing some research about it. It was confirmed that all the orders (or at least all that I've seen) have been cancelled. Reps said that it was supposed to be $769.99 instead of $169.99.

LOL... 

I'm sitting here looking at three Dell monitors and was seriously contemplating buying this right now.

This might be the first mis-priced Black Friday deal, but it certainly wont be the last.  Keep those mouse clicks swift everyone.

1 hour ago, gundamMC said:

$769!? Thats more then the monitors + Stand are...  On Dells own overpriced website they would be $710 if they were bought seperate. On amazon it be $500, and dual 2415 with the stand combo on amazon is $571.86... Where do they get off charging $769 for a combo?

Just now, Sypran said:

$769!? Thats more then the monitors + Stand are...  On Dells own overpriced website they would be $710 if they were bought seperate. On amazon it be $500, and dual 2415 with the stand combo on amazon is $571.86... Where do they get off charging $769 for a combo?

Not sure. Got it off another forum that were discussing this. But well... It's Dell.