What has happened to LTT forums?

henkka_scorpio

When I first joined the llt forums there were a lot of people here, talking, helping others, etc. People used to come here to ask for help and to give it to others. Now? As far as I can see no one talks here anymore. If someone asks something here, no one answers...  What has happened?

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Cause the majority of users here are at this time are at work? or school?

FFS I even came here immediately and you somehow beat me... LIKE WTF MY SCHOOL WIFI ISNT EVEN BAD

Well. Quite alot of them has left. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

>My school has gigabit boi

RIP...

My school has around 50mbps down and 150 up

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Old users get banned/leave and new ones take their place. 

Oh and BTW not to insult but when will you get banned?

So true it hurts

Tbh i haven't noticed anything O_o

It's still the same here as far as i can figure out...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I know that sometimes I get too busy to even attempt to come here. That or when I do I just look at a few things and leave.

3 minutes ago, Wikiforce said:

Many great users got banned :/ i feel sad for them :(

It is a huge loss for the forum.

Like czex or whatever his name was... it was a sad day ;(

I don't believe that is true, there is about 10000 users on everyday and there is always help going around.

The geek himself.

Actually I made a topic yesterday asking for help and got 10+ answers in about half an hour. 

I'm not seeing this lack of activity the OP is talking about. Community seems as active as usual.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Honestly I mean no disrespect or anything but personally I have a feeling this forum became flooded by 13 year old who think they know everything. Yes indeed there are a bunch of smart 13 year olds that actually can help but these are by no means people with excessive knowledge in the field. A simple example:

a kid who tells you to buy an i7 in the workbench section usually does not provide much technical or specific evidence to why he recommended that choice. Which IMO should be a must. Imagine being a total n00b and needing to buy a computer and a bunch of grade 8's spam you one sentence answers with not much thought... Personally i believe that this should not be allowed but thats how LMG makes their money so not much we can do about it.

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb

1 hour ago, kjvnasa said:

I think this forum is quite ok....You should check out r/pcmr.... That sub-reddit was freaking real.... There are a lot of helping on the pcmr section on reddit, don't get me wrong. But 90% of them all carry this :"PCMR FTW!!!!WOOOOHOOOO!!!!ALL HAIL GABEN!!!! MACS ARE TRASH!!!!!!!I AM OFFICIALLY ASCENDED TODAY WOOOHOOOO!!!!" type of mentality... Like at first it was fun and ok, then it gets boring..... at least for me....

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

3 hours ago, henkka_scorpio said:

What has happened?

Everyone got banned.

https://linustechtips.com/main/search/?type=core_members&group[5]=1&sortby=member_posts&sortdirection=desc&page=1

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

35 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I think this forum is quite ok....You should check out r/pcmr.... That sub-reddit was freaking real.... There are a lot of helping on the pcmr section on reddit, don't get me wrong. But 90% of them all carry this :"PCMR FTW!!!!WOOOOHOOOO!!!!ALL HAIL GABEN!!!! MACS ARE TRASH!!!!!!!I AM OFFICIALLY ASCENDED TODAY WOOOHOOOO!!!!" type of mentality... Like at first it was fun and ok, then it gets boring..... at least for me....

Yeah that subreddit is crazy. Kind of a shame the LMG community is shifting from what fundamentally made this a great community. Which was the PC aspect. All these new videos they make kinda a sham compared to what it used to be. 

Geared towards beginners and even younger audiences who don't have or require much background knowledge.

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb

Wait. You've been here for what, 6 months, and you think it has gone down since then? No, not in that timeframe. It has gone down, but decline has been longer. The quality of replies on subforums I frequent has become better. But for some reason we've got more people who just post links as topics while they should be status updates. People think this as FB or Reddit where you can just dump everything and no one cares.

3 hours ago, Wikiforce said:

Many great users got banned :/ i feel sad for them :(

It is a huge loss for the forum.

If someone gets banned, its for a reason. I don't miss any of them. If you can't behave, you don't belong here. No matter how "funny" they might have been.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

IDK, I guess it just feels like it :D when i joined everytime i looked at the recent topics list, there were a lot of replies to all of them pretty much. now like half of them have no replies (atleast today and a few days ago when i last visited this place) Or then memories just grow sweeter with time and its always been like this :D:D

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.