[US/CAN][Retail Edge] 6700k for $109 or 6850k for $169

Rune
2 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

That link is dead and the picture doesn't show

...hm. both are working for me?

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

Hmm.. perhaps one can arrange a negotiation with a retailer and try to get these prices :ph34r:

No :P Retailers [that I know of] specifically don't match membership clubs for this very reason lol

Man, wish I could somehow get one of these deals without having a job in tech retail. Intel should open the deal up to the public for like 1 day, IMHO.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Just now, Delicieuxz said:

Man, wish I could somehow get one of these deals without having a job in tech retail. Intel should open the deal up to the public for like 1 day, IMHO.

Kind of defeats the purpose of getting people to learn about them first :P

Just now, Rune said:

Kind of defeats the purpose of getting people to learn about them first :P

Heck, I'd do all their online info courses about them, if it enabled me access to this deal. I did a bunch of stuff like that through Microsoft's Expert Zone many years ago.

C'mon, Intel, let get me all informed about the details of your products, and also one of these deals, in the process!

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I just got the 6700k back through the Summer Deal, now contemplating as to whether to snag the 6850k for 179 or not...

Desktop: CPU: Intel i7 6700k | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT | MOBO: ASUS Z170 ROG Maximus VIII Hero | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix SLI | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD| PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Monitor: LG 27UD68 |

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" (2015): CPU: Intel Core i7 4770HQ | RAM: 16GB DRR3 | GPU: AMD R9 M370X 2GB | Storage: PCIE 512GB SSD |

ugh, I hate this.  I always get the same feeling of "so close, yet, so far"

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

1 hour ago, Berd said:

Would love to grab one or the either at those prices. Ugh. . .

Suffer through a year of retail :P

Don't really need either of them considering I bought my 5930k for $199 awhile ago, lol. Going to see if one of my friends wants one, though, since I have the masters pricing. Thanks for the heads up, I was figuring the sale would start soon.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

9 hours ago, Rune said:

Unfortunately, I have suffered far longer than that.  I don't think it qualifies though, since its not electronics.

2 hours ago, Berd said:

Unfortunately, I have suffered far longer than that.  I don't think it qualifies though, since its not electronics.

Check the list just in case. At one point, if Walmart qualifies and Sears used to, you may be surprised.

On 11/21/2016 at 4:39 PM, 0ld_Chicken said:

ugh, I hate this.  I always get the same feeling of "so close, yet, so far"

22 hours ago, Rune said:

Or suffer through the extremely worthless Canadian Dollar and high prices of tech products up here.

I did both - 5 years of retail and dealing with our Canadian Dollar. In 2014 I bought an i7-4790K for $158 CAD after taxes, import, and shipping.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought myself another one. Figured I'd give one of my processors to a friend.

The only thing I miss about working retail, dirt cheap consumer products for spending some time watching a power point presentation . 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

That pricing is amazing. Just for working retail. 

Wal-Mart works for the program. I just looked at what works, i may talk to my buddy in GA and see if he can use his walmart info and get into that for me. 

Pickup that 6850k and update my 5930k machine some.

What is a rough estimate on the shipping time for the chips?

3 hours ago, Quix said:

What is a rough estimate on the shipping time for the chips?

Depends when you order and where you live. Says "up to 6 weeks" though.

5 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

That pricing is amazing. Just for working retail. 

Wal-Mart works for the program. I just looked at what works, i may talk to my buddy in GA and see if he can use his walmart info and get into that for me. 

Pickup that 6850k and update my 5930k machine some.

Selling them is technically against the terms of the program.

Just out of curiosity: if someone were to pick up a 6700k this year, and sell it two years down the road to buy an 8700k (or whatever it's going to be called) through the Retail Edge program, would Intel terminate said person's account? Every time a Retail Edge sale comes around, it makes me wonder if there are people with dozens of previously-high-end processors laying around or something.

10 hours ago, kennethnakasone said:

Just out of curiosity: if someone were to pick up a 6700k this year, and sell it two years down the road to buy an 8700k (or whatever it's going to be called) through the Retail Edge program, would Intel terminate said person's account? Every time a Retail Edge sale comes around, it makes me wonder if there are people with dozens of previously-high-end processors laying around or something.

If Intel manages to find out that you sold a processor previously purchased through the program (presumably by matching an identifier on the chip or box), they terminate your account. I'll "give" my processors to friends, but I haven't dared to sell the chips on eBay or the like.

After entering the program, how much training is required to get these deals? I probably will go for the higher priced option unless the training is fairly quick.