how to make programed applications

echy

how to make desktop applications like google chrome, adobe after effects, blender, things like that. What do i need to know, do, etc. ?

Microsoft vistual studio

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

Depends on what you want to accomplish. Visual Studio is nice for small applications like calculators and simple games.

I found a good start with python though.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

13 hours ago, Slottr said:

Depends on what you want to accomplish. Visual Studio is nice for small applications like calculators and simple games.

I found a good start with python though.

c# is great for writing large applications not just little, not sure where you got the idea it is only for small applications.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

4 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

c# is great for writing large applications not just little, not sure where you got the idea it is only for small applications.

Was just about to say, almost all AAA game developers use Visual Studio.

But Visual Studio is just an place you write the code. Those applications you're mentioning are most likely made in the programming language called C++ or C.

Also those applications are extremely complicated and time consuming to make, even for very experienced developers. So please don't think you'll be able to make a competitor, before you have a very very solid understanding and experience in programming.

With that said - I also recommend Python. Searching YouTube will probably help.

21 hours ago, echy said:

how to make desktop applications like google chrome, adobe after effects, blender, things like that. What do i need to know, do, etc. ?

You'll need to know lot's of things, the least of which for the latter two of your examples is programming in the general sense. I might recommend finding a good set of online tutorials for a language like C# or python.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

On 21/11/2016 at 1:56 AM, Slottr said:

Visual Studio is nice for small applications like calculators and simple games.

That literally made my day and so deserves a:

MkCNa9w.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

3 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

That literally made my day and so deserves a:

Honestly, Im sitting here now super confused on why I wrote that.. 

Cause I know for a fact I've written a couple pretty large programs in it, and can name a whole bunch of others that are made professionally. Was I drunk? we'll never know.. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

On 11/20/2016 at 6:52 PM, echy said:

You can use a variety of programming languages to build desktop applications. Most, if not all, popular languages have more than one GUI framework you can use to create desktop applications but you don't need to learn them all.

For example

• C# with WPF
  • Java with JavaFX
  • Python with Kivy
  • C++ with Qt
  • Swift with Cocoa
  • JavaScript with Electron
  • etc

Bottom line, you have a lot of choice.

For learning, pretty much anything will work. You could jump right into desktop development, however if you've never done any programming before it can be easier to focus on learning a bit of the language first. Many beginner tutorials will start you off on the command line because it greatly simplifies what you need to know for basic user input/output and allows you to focus mainly on learning the language syntax and libraries first. Basically, there's just less to learn all at once.

For professional/commercial projects, like those you mentioned, you would want to be more selective based on the project requirements (or use whatever the company/team requires you to use).