"Go to page" option

Bouzoo
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Like this?

Screenshot from 2016-11-16 17-11-28.png

It's already a thing.

Not sure if this was discussed (probably has been), but sometimes, or rarely to be more precise, I wished there was an option to just type in the page you wanted to go to, instead of going 5 per 5 pages. It may be useful for threads like Show off your setup, Car Thread, Unigine Valley and few others. It would probably be used very rarely, but could be a neat option, especially at those times when forum gets slow and everything takes a bit more time.

I have a feeling like this was on last version of forum for some reason. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Snip

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, this was an a bit annoying for me on phone, not on my laptop/pc. Unless I missed it and it exists on mobile site. 

While we're at it, how do you even search for a specific page with that? Not a post but a page. And even when I search for user it finds only if someone tagged the person, not his/her posts. 

You mean you want the ability to just easily go to whatever page of the thread you want? Why not just add "?page=20" or whatever page you want to go to on the link?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

You mean you want the ability to just easily go to whatever page of the thread you want? Why not just add "?page=20" or whatever page you want to go to on the link?

Oh yes, right, I did I forget about that. :| 

One could argue that can be annoying on phone but it works perfectly on every website ever.

31 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Like this?

It's already a thing.

Never noticed. Just tested it on phone and it works by selecting the "xxx of yyy" page. Awesome. 

A game forum I used to be a mod for had this feature... It only worked for popular posts/pinned posts and announcements and I think each user could customize theirs so they didn't have the default pages in the drop down.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)