Best game to spend hours playing

saladcrack

So after getting CoD: IW and being let down by the multiplayer shit show I really need a game to spend hundreds of hours in.  I already have Skyrim, GTA, Elite Dangerous and Arma 3 so I need a new fixation.  I was looking at MGS: Phantom Pain as it's open world but I am not exactly sold if I will like it or not being new to MGS.  I also already have NMS (what a tragedy that was ugh) so I really really want a good game that holds my interest for hundreds of hours, preferably without mods.  Any suggestions would be awesome!  Or if you just really enjoyed a game that I must play please recommend it. 

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

The entire Witcher series. those games are amazing, filled with lore and details, and you are guaranteed to be lost in them for hours on end.

also, Fallout 4 is a personal favorite of mine :P

My favorite game has held a special place in my heart for years. It is the one, the only, the glitchy..... Space Engineers! ;-)

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

The Witcher 3 

i7 4790K | MSI Z97S Krait | Gigabyte 980ti Gaming G1 SLI |  2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB + WD Black 4TB | EVGA Supernova P2 1200 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo (White)| Dell P2715Q x2 | Corsiar K70 | Corsair M95 | Full Custom Loop CPU + GPUs 

Forza Horizon 3, Stardew Valley, Modded or vanilla Minecraft with friends, Rocket League, CS:GO, DragonQuest(your pick on what number), Phantasy Star Online if you want some old school MMORPG, Elder scrolls online.

Honestly, I've just been switching off playing FH3, Rocket League and Stardew Valley recently.

2 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

The entire Witcher series. those games are amazing, filled with lore and details, and you are guaranteed to be lost in them for hours on end.

also, Fallout 4 is a personal favorite of mine :P

Sadly I already have Witcher 2 and 3 but neither have held my interest for whatever reason, I have tried.  And I have Fallout 4 on Xbox and have exhausted that option as well.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

2 minutes ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

My favorite game has held a special place in my heart for years. It is the one, the only, the glitchy..... Space Engineers! ;-)

Hmm...yes I do have that one but I have tried and failed to stay interested.

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Forza Horizon 3, Stardew Valley, Modded or vanilla Minecraft with friends, Rocket League, CS:GO, DragonQuest(your pick on what number), Phantasy Star Online if you want some old school MMORPG, Elder scrolls online.

Honestly, I've just been switching off playing FH3, Rocket League and Stardew Valley recently.

Yeah I almost forgot about FH3, I do have that on PC.

Pity... Its a good game, but the interest curve can be pretty steep.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

7 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

So after getting CoD: IW and being let down by the multiplayer shit show I really need a game to spend hundreds of hours in.  I already have Skyrim, GTA, Elite Dangerous and Arma 3 so I need a new fixation.  I was looking at MGS: Phantom Pain as it's open world but I am not exactly sold if I will like it or not being new to MGS.  I also already have NMS (what a tragedy that was ugh) so I really really want a good game that holds my interest for hundreds of hours, preferably without mods.  Any suggestions would be awesome!  Or if you just really enjoyed a game that I must play please recommend it. 

Ok my top 3 picks are

1) Witcher 3 + DLC

2) Mad Max

3) Tie between CS:GO and Ark Survival Evolved +DLC or Mods

Forza Horizon 3, Overwatch and CSGO are the games I have been playing for the last few months. Been loving Forza Horizon 3 and Overwatch especially

Mass effect series? 2 and 3 are gems(except for the ending) and 1 is good but can drag a little on 2 harder difficulties... nothing like pumping 300+ rounds(and 30 seconds) into an incapacitated biotic Krogans head to kill it.

Don't Starve, I've put 150+ hours into it (including expansions). 

Starbound (ChuckleFish), The Long Dark (Hinterland), Firewatch (Campo Santo), Interstellaria (ChuckleFish), some other fun games you can find on steam.

3weeks or so Nostalrius 2.0 World of Warcraft Progessive realm will launch. Im pretty sure we here will be rolling horde and hoping to start a guild of some kind. 

we wait u.

Borderlands 2 + dlc

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Civilizaton V or VI, Mass Effect series, Dark Souls games, Witcher series, Overwatch, Rocket League, The Talos Principle, Divinity Original Sin.

Stardew valley

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

It really depends on what kind of gamer you are. I find that indie games are the best time sinks. Something like The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Spelunky, or Contraption Maker.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

You want a new fixation to keep you entertained since gaming is suddenly slowly become boring for you eh?

Try competitive games like CS:GO, Overwatch, Dota 2 or anything that's heavily team oriented, that way you will find new ways to entertain yourself, be it having fun experiencing a whole new level of teamwork, that experience when you and your teammates know what you are doing and are in sync.

Alternatively, you can let out stress and be a total toxic asshole online especially to those that aren't doing well.

But hey! that's just me, I do suggest playing some story driven games like The Witcher 1,2,3.

It's really an experience that you don't wanna miss out on.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

I am close to 200 hours in Rainbow Six: Siege and over 300 in DayZ.

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.5ghz | Mobo: Asus B85MG | RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: R9 390X 

SSD: Kingston 240GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W | Case: CIT Dominator + 6 Corsair AF120 Fans all around | 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master TX3 | Monitor: BenQ XL2730z 144Mhz 1440p | 

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE | Mouse: Razer DeatherAdder Chroma

17 hours ago, Gamessys said:

Skyrim and Stardew Valley

Liked Skyrim? Play enderal, its a whole New game in Skyrim skin.

I love open world games like Skyrim,fo4,witcher 3... But now in trying dark souls 3 and enjoying it more than i tought. Maybe you will too.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.