AOC announces the best Freesync monitor yet?

Prysin

If it was 29 inches it would be perfect. But the 34 21:9 (which is the equivalent of 27 16:9) at 1080p is a bit low on the DPI. I mean I understand that they wanted to keep the refresh rate high and the cost low but 29" is a perfectly reasonable size for 2560x1080p

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, -BirdiE- said:

I'm entirely with you on the game performance business. Unless you are a professional, you really won't see any noticeable benefit in your play.

i.e. your results in game won't be any better

However, in terms of viewing experience... It definitely feels a lot smoother than a 60hz monitor. You'll still die like a scrub, but your death will be super smooth.

True, i think a lot of people like a high refresh rate monitor because it gives a smoother and more pleasant gaming experience.

I really like to play WoT on my 144Hz monitor for example, it has 0 impact on my game (i'm still crap) but i do enjoy the smoothness of it, it's nice :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

5 hours ago, Prysin said:

-snip-

Sadly not 1440p, but when gaming you wouldn't notice anyway. Kickass monitor otherwise!

5 hours ago, Prysin said:

or just 1440 and 200Hz? because DP1.3 supports 1440p 240Hz or something like that

I don't think they can make panels that do that yet, at least not at a price that you would like :P
I just thought that 1440@100 was, in price, not that different from 1080p@200

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

30 minutes ago, aerandir92 said:

I don't think they can make panels that do that yet, at least not at a price that you would like :P
I just thought that 1440@100 was, in price, not that different from 1080p@200

they CAN make the panels. just like they CAN make TVs that are 0.4mm thick... they just dont do it, because in their opinion the marked isnt ready yet. Which might be true.

6 hours ago, alexyy said:

35" ultrawide 1080p **throws up in mouth** I like my PPI in triple figures!

Yeah Maybe For only gaming with aa turned up  BUT Desktop/Webrowsing would be horrible  i use a 4k 28inch and 4k 40inch for moinitors Love me some High Res 

Yeah, could've been somewhat cheaper though. Good monitor tho, not fan of ultra wide.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

It's cool for what it is and does. It fits a really interesting niche that we didn't have yet. And a range of 30-200 is nice.

This is more for the really competitive person (input lag numbers necessary to know though) and not for the person who wants their PPI. Higher resolutions aren't great for competitive play, and the big monitor size isn't necessarily unwanted for those people either.

The price is excessive though.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Where's that guy that always claims that the human eye can't see over 60fps?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

1080p on a 35'' is an insult to my wallet.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

17 minutes ago, Tic-Tac said:

1080p on a 35'' is an insult to my wallet.

It's also an insult to people who have a sharp eye. I call them people who can see the difference in resolutions and can see the difference in fps.

Believe you me, I've met people who don't get this at all... I've met people who buy couple 28'' 1080p and doesn't see the difference - are very happy with it. People who say 30fps is the same as 60fps... I think this monitor is designed for those people, not the sharp eye ones.

Unfortunately, for me, this size of the screen has way too low resolution for the monitor, almost as a TV.

19 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

is this monitor taller than a 1080p monitor? or do you guys really dislike 1080p monitors. because if the height is the same as a 1080p monitor you guys are fine with then its ok and they just need to increase the horizontal pixel count. 1080 is the vertical pixel count. idk quite how to express this. so if a regular 16:9 monitor is the same height as a 21:9 monitor and the 16:9 monitor has 1080 rows of pixels and you are ok with that then the 21:9 monitor having 1080 rows of pixels would be fine also. and pixel density isnt the end all of how good it looks. if the monitor has triple digit pixel density but thats because it has 5000 rows of pixels but 700 columns of pixels it would have high pixel density but probably wouldnt look good

I'm not saying that the picture quality will not be good. What I meant is that if it would be 2560x1440p instead of 2560x1080p it would be better. This looks like a premium tier display so I thought that they might put there more than 1080 pixel rows even if they would have to sacrifice some Hz from refresh rate. I don't think that it would be that big of a problem tho...

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3