Intel Core i3 2120 and Hyper X Fury 4GB DDR3 RAM. Is it enough for gaming?

Hi everyone I have an Intel Core i3 2120 and a Hyper X Fury 4GB DDR3 RAM in my prebuilt system. Will this be enough to improve my gaming exprience? If not what should I be upgrading to?

probably the cpu

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Well it depends what you're currently running on whether or not it would be an upgrade. 4GB of RAM will get destroyed by any game, 8GB would be much better. maybe also look for an i5 since you're on as old an architechture as sandy bridge

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 minute ago, Cereal5 said:

Well it depends what you're currently running on whether or not it would be an upgrade. 4GB of RAM will get destroyed by any game, 8GB would be much better. maybe also look for an i5 since you're on as old an architechture as sandy bridge

Thanks for replying. Well I want to run Triple A games like Rise of the Tomb Raider, GTA 5 and other demanding games at ultra settings in a 1080p monitor. So I should really get another hyper x fury 4GB and a new processor. Ok this was a really good advice I will upgrade my computer If I have already a budget. Thanks! ^_^

2 minutes ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

Thanks for replying. Well I want to run Triple A games like Rise of the Tomb Raider, GTA 5 and other demanding games at ultra settings in a 1080p monitor. So I should really get another hyper x fury 4GB and a new processor. Ok this was a really good advice I will upgrade my computer If I have already a budget. Thanks! ^_^

if you buy a second stick of ram, it has to be the EXACT same specs as the one you already have, you might want to just buy a seperate 8gb kit for simplicity. for a CPU you should look into getting a 2500k. if you're willing to change your motherboard get a i3-6100 or a i5 6500. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Hello again!

If you would like to save some cash I recommend trying to pick up a used i5 2500k or i5 3570k as it will be enough for that.

Is your current PC a prebuilt?

And as mentioned by @Cereal5 and @Megah3rtz you might want to get at LEAST 8GB RAM.

18 minutes ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

Hi everyone I have an Intel Core i3 2120 and a Hyper X Fury 4GB DDR3 RAM in my prebuilt system. Will this be enough to improve my gaming exprience? If not what should I be upgrading to?

Have you even got A gpu? If not, that should be your main focus.

I5 4440//8gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3//Sapphire Radeon r9 380 4gb//ASUS h81m-plus//WD caviar blue 1tb//Cooler Master N200//Cooler Master G500

Just now, thebrownieguy said:

Have you even got A gpu? If not, that should be your main focus.

in another thread he said hes planning to get a gtx 1050ti or something similar.

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

in another thread he said hes planning to get a gtx 1050ti or something similar.

Oh alright. Dodn't check that. Then an i5 and extra ram will suffice.

I5 4440//8gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3//Sapphire Radeon r9 380 4gb//ASUS h81m-plus//WD caviar blue 1tb//Cooler Master N200//Cooler Master G500

21 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Hello again!

If you would like to save some cash I recommend trying to pick up a used i5 2500k or i5 3570k as it will be enough for that.

And as mentioned by @Cereal5 and @Megah3rtz you might want to get at LEAST 8GB RAM.

Thanks again Pernula for replying. What  will the extra RAM benefit me and what is the difference between the i5 2500k and i5 3570k? 

21 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Up CPU to make supported i5 if possible, do dual channel 2*4gb ram.  Enjoy.

Thanks for replying. What is a dual channel? does this effect the performance of games?

1 minute ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

Thanks again Pernula for replying. What  will the extra RAM benefit me and what is the difference between the i5 2500k and i5 3570k? 

the i5 3570k performs a bit better. look into the prices, I think they are pretty similar.

Thanks for replying. What is a dual channel? does this effect the performance of games?

Dual channel just means you have 2 sticks of RAM running at once. so it would be 2x4gb sticks to make it dual channel. 1x8gb sticks to make it single channel 

25 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

if you buy a second stick of ram, it has to be the EXACT same specs as the one you already have, you might want to just buy a seperate 8gb kit for simplicity. for a CPU you should look into getting a 2500k. if you're willing to change your motherboard get a i3-6100 or a i5 6500. 

Thanks for the feedback. I understand why I need to buy the exact same specs of my ram. And by the way what is a seperate kit?

3 minutes ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

What  will the extra RAM benefit me

RAM does not effect the FPS you get in games until you run out of RAM, then things will become unplayable. right now 4gb in my opinion is not nearly enough. 

And by the way what is a seperate kit?

I just mean you should remove your single 4gb stick of RAM, and add a different set of 8gb ram, it makes things more simple. 

If you buy the exact type of RAM you have right now you do not need to remove your old stick, but it might be a bit of a pain to find a stick of ram that is the same 

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

the i5 3570k performs a bit better. look into the prices, I think they are pretty similar.

Dual channel just means you have 2 sticks of RAM running at once. so it would be 2x4gb sticks to make it dual channel. 1x8gb sticks to make it single channel 

Oh ok. So I really need to upgrade my CPU and my RAM to improve performance on games. Thanks for the amazing explanation  of what dual channel is hahaha. Thanks for helping me by giving your awesome advices. 

5 minutes ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

Thanks for the feedback. I understand why I need to buy the exact same specs of my ram.

If you can find the MHZ and CAS latency of your hyperx fury 4gb I can find a matching piece of ram that will be compatible.

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

I just mean you should remove your single 4gb stick of RAM, and add a different set of 8gb ram, it makes things more simple. 

If you buy the exact type of RAM you have right now you do not need to remove your old stick, but it might be a bit of a pain to find a stick of ram that is the same 

Ok ok. But is it also better to buy the same type of stick of ram to make it a dual channel? Because here in tacloban at EDS shop they still have stock of the specific same specs of ram that I have right now.

3 minutes ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

Ok ok. But is it also better to buy the same type of stick of ram to make it a dual channel? Because here in tacloban at EDS shop they still have stock of the specific same specs of ram that I have right now.

if you have two sticks of 4gb, or one stick of 8gb it makes no difference. as long as the two 4gb sticks work together to make it 8gb total everything is okay.

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

if you have two sticks of 4gb, or one stick of 8gb it makes no difference. as long as the two 4gb sticks work together to make it 8gb total everything is okay. 

Ok now I know what to do to make sure my computer is ready for gaming. This was a nice and helpful conversation with you it really helped me a lot. I hope you will help me more in the future hehe. I will be sure to follow your page. Thanks again for helping me I'm glad I joined this community :) 

2 minutes ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

Ok now I know what to do to make sure my computer is ready for gaming. This was a nice and helpful conversation with you it really helped me a lot. I hope you will help me more in the future hehe. I will be sure to follow your page. Thanks again for helping me I'm glad I joined this community :) 

No problem, glad to help xD

1 hour ago, MVPernula said:

Hello again!

Yes It's prebuilt. This was 6 to 7 years old from now. Are these processors compatible to my motherboard which is the P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0?

29 minutes ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

Yes It's prebuilt. This was 6 to 7 years old from now. Are these processors compatible to my motherboard which is the P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0?

As you can see on ASUS official page for your motherboard it is supported provided you have the drivers for it:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M_LX_PLUS_R20/HelpDesk_CPU/